ICT v RRFC…..

McGlynn in the papers saying a new striker probaby won't be imminent so up to Varian and Pop to deliver the goods - won't happen. Therefore we're back to hoping Zanatta can somehow find his early season form and/or someone else to get us the goals. 

In terms of our form lately:

Partick - willing to let that one slide as we had no idea up until KO that we would have so many players out. We were poor but that was to be expected with the line up and we were a bawhair away from coming away with a point and keeping the unbeaten run going.

Ayr - a mixutre of individual errors, players not being at the races, a good Ayr performance (according to their fans) ultimately cost us. Should have been no excuse that we couldn't go down there and win what with having the bulk of the missing players from the previous week back. 

Dunfermline - folk saying it was shite but I felt we looked better than the previous 2 games but that wasn't hard. Williamson and Stanton looked decent additions but again no cutting edge up top. 

The bonus for this game is Berra will be back. Bene was lucky to stay on the park against Dunfermline so you'd assume Berra and Lang at centre back. At least McGlynn can see the failings and will be doing everything in his power to rectify it. I'd be more concerned if he was relatively content with how things are going seeing as how we're still not a million miles off top spot but get the feeling he knows himself how much of a good opportunity we have this season.

Just win Rovers FFS!

In poor form, no one scoring goals, away to our bogie team who we can’t buy a win against surely we’ve no chance!  We’ll probably win now 😂. Honestly I’m done trying to predict games in this league, everyone is capable of beating each other and we look like we’re in 1st - 10th depending on which week it is.  Was hoping to get up to this one as ICT is the only ground I’ve not been to in this League but I guess it’ll be doing the bathroom up with a live stream to watch it. 

Guarantee we start Benedictus even though he looked a liability on Sunday. It's fucking brutal every time we play Caley: all the build up goes into the unbeaten run and then we inevitably end up either getting horsed or lose out through some ridiculous decision making. It's tedious as f**k - ideally we can get a break here. Maybe if we're being greedy we can score from open play.

40 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

In poor form, no one scoring goals, away to our bogie team who we can’t buy a win against surely we’ve no chance!  We’ll probably win now 😂. Honestly I’m done trying to predict games in this league, everyone is capable of beating each other and we look like we’re in 1st - 10th depending on which week it is.  Was hoping to get up to this one as ICT is the only ground I’ve not been to in this League but I guess it’ll be doing the bathroom up with a live stream to watch it. 

You’re really not missing much, if that’s any consolation.

I don’t think we’ll have a new striker in for the weekend, I hope I am wrong however.

Playing ICT on this current run of form probably isn’t ideal, but as long as we don’t get beat - then it’s a successful result I reckon.

Starting XI I’d opt for:
. MacDonald
RT Lang. Berra Mosunda
Matthews Williamson Stanton
Connelly Ross
. Mitchell

(Dick does provide a slightly better balance to the team, but Frankie is just a better player stops more crosses coming in and there’s a calmness as well, with Dick it’s always a fraction away from “aw naw”)
(Mitchell won’t start but from what I’ve seen he has a much better eye for goal than either Varian and Matej, and he’s rapid, so could easily drop short and get a run on players going in behind)

2 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

I don’t think we’ll have a new striker in for the weekend, I hope I am wrong however.

Playing ICT on this current run of form probably isn’t ideal, but as long as we don’t get beat - then it’s a successful result I reckon.

Starting XI I’d opt for:
. MacDonald
RT Lang. Berra Mosunda
Connelly Ross
. Mitchell

(Dick does provide a slightly better balance to the team, but Frankie is just a better player stops more crosses coming in and there’s a calmness as well, with Dick it’s always a fraction away from “aw naw”)
(Mitchell won’t start but from what I’ve seen he has a much better eye for goal than either Varian and Matej, and he’s rapid, so could easily drop short and get a run on players going in behind)

Based on form, the right back should be dropped before the left back.

Can we just give Inverness the 1-0 win, save on the time, travel and fuel ?

3 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

Starting XI I’d opt for:
. MacDonald
RT Lang. Berra Mosunda
Connelly Ross
. Mitchell

Although both Varian and Poplatnik don't score I would go with your line up but have Varian up top.

Saturday is the day we put the hoodoo to bed. A cold day in January, when Covid restrictions mean there are no Rovers fans in to witness this bogey-shattering victory. The perfect moment.

None of your shitey eye-rotting, mind-numbing 1-0 either. A classic.

ICT 2 v 3 Rovers.

The results of this match and the one after against the Lichties are going to seriously define the rest of our season We'll either be right in the thick of things at the business end or drifting into mid table mediocrity. A big couple of "six pointers"!

Just now, embow said:

The results of this match and the one after against the Lichties are going to seriously define the rest of our season We'll either be right in the thick of things at the business end or drifting into mid table mediocrity. A big couple of "six pointers"!

We must win at least one of these games, not convinced we will win either