Queens v Kilmarnock

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

As far as I'm aware we never sold out against Hamilton so it wouldn't surprise me if there are still tickets left.

All season ticket applicants in the ballot have been guaranteed a ticket (subject to checks) and the OS says only a limited number are available for  general sale. I suppose there's nothing to stop away fans asking  contacts in the DG postcode area to get them tickets when  on general sale, the chances of being asked for identity at the turnstiles is minimal. I don't know if other checks can be done. Wearing Killie hats and scarves and singing "There's only one Del McInnes" or more staunchly, "Hello, Hello we are the Killie Boys" might be a giveaway. 

All season ticket applicants in the ballot have been guaranteed a ticket (subject to checks) and the OS says only a limited number are available for  general sale. I suppose there's nothing to stop away fans asking  contacts in the DG postcode area to get them tickets when  on general sale, the chances of being asked for identity at the turnstiles is minimal. I don't know if other checks can be done. Wearing Killie hats and scarves and singing "There's only one Del McInnes" or more staunchly, "Hello, Hello we are the Killie Boys" might be a giveaway. 
Using an email with "KFC" in it might be a bit of a giveaway.

Still, sure no one would be stupid enough to do that

Thanks for the various responses. I live in D&G, and go to Palmerston with my mate every now and then. He's already registered to buy tickets online, so perhaps it would be more straightforward for him to get them. Despite both sides questionable to shite form, I have a notion it might be a decent game.

On 05/01/2022 at 18:11, Manwithnoball said:

Is this our best option with player available. AJ might play Liddle in CM and Todd out left but just my opinion that I would rather see Todd in middle

LINEUP111641452794324.png

I can see this being the line-up personnel-wise, although as Riviera says AJ may persist with Nditi in midfield with Todd wide left, Cooper at left back and Debayo CB alongside East.  I've no idea what his aversion is to playing Nditi in his best position is based on, but he still seems determined to play at least one player out of position on a weekly basis.

The other likely difference to your selection graphic is that you have put Connelly and Junior in the Kilmarnock half of the pitch.  I fully expect us to line-up with all 11 players in our own half unless Junior is given licence to venture over the half way-line to chase a long ball with no support from time to time.  

Edited by Slipmat

49 minutes ago, stravaigar said:

Some Queens fans do live in Ayrshire you know, my brother being an example.

If they have a past purchase record of buying tickets and products from QoS (apart from the last Killie game) they will get tickets. If they don't orders will be cancelled and they'll have to get in touch to plead a genuine case.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

If they have a past purchase record of buying tickets and products from QoS (apart from the last Killie game) they will get tickets. If they don't orders will be cancelled and they'll have to get in touch to plead a genuine case.

if you’ve not been before then you can’t come now seems like a great way to help get some new fans in the ground.

5 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

if you’ve not been before then you can’t come now seems like a great way to help get some new fans in the ground.

You know that comment was specifically about Ayrshire postcodes for this game, yeah? We don't want Kilmarnock fans in the ground (well actually we'd love 2,000 Kilmarnock fans in the ground but it's not currently allowed so we have to deal with what we have).

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You know that comment was specifically about Ayrshire postcodes for this game, yeah? We don't want Kilmarnock fans in the ground (well actually we'd love 2,000 Kilmarnock fans in the ground but it's not currently allowed so we have to deal with what we have).

Of course. 

From a QOS perspective it’s hard to visualise a worse time for us to face Killie :-

— no financial benefit from a big Killie support

- the lift Killie will have had from a high profile new Manager

- Loss of 2 key players for the match in Gibson and Cameron not to mention any others who may have Covid or lingering injuries

Sometimes in football you get results which defy logic and hopefully this is one of these strange occasions. Hope we don’t fall into the trap of playing for a 0-0 which will almost certainly fail miserably. Killie have seriously underperformed their budget in first half of season so despite McInnes’ arrival it would make no sense to play negatively.

We played outstandingly well against Ayr- last week was an impossible task after 20 minutes and that defeat was sadly down to one player - unfortunately though our best and most influential player.