Jump to content

Scottish Women's Cup


Recommended Posts

The third round kicks off this Sunday, with the 17 SWPL clubs entering. The draw is as follows.

Boroughmuir Thistle – Renfrew
Dryburgh Athletic or Harmony Row – Kilmarnock
Edinburgh City – Celtic
Gartcairn – East Fife
Glasgow City – Queen’s Park
Glasgow Women – Aberdeen
Gleniffer Thistle – Heart of Midlothian
Hamilton Accies – Inverness Caley Thistle
Livingston – Montrose
Partick Thistle – Motherwell
Spartans – Greenock Morton
Stenhousemuir – Rangers
Stirling University – BSC Glasgow
St Johnstone – Hibernian
Sutherland – Falkirk
Westdyke or United Glasgow – Dundee United.

The two outstanding second round ties are being played on Sunday as well, so Kilmarnock and Dundee United are idle. 

Favourable ties for all the big hitters, with Partick Thistle v Motherwell the only all SWPL1 tie.

I'll be heading along to Glasgow Women v Aberdeen in all likelihood, anyone else planning on a game?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/01/2022 at 23:05, tamthebam said:

If it's not closed doors I'll be at Edinburgh City v Celtic.

I've got a pal that plays for Celtic but I'll be supporting City of course. 

 

That one's being played at Tranent, £5 on the gate.

Glasgow Women v Aberdeen, Livi v Montrose and St Johnstone v Hibs all postponed due to covid. I'll be heading to Thistle v Motherwell instead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Partick Thistle Women 2-2 Motherwell Women (After Extra Time - Thistle win 4-2 on penalties)

A pulsating cup tie. Thistle twice came from behind - the second time deep into second half stoppage time - then held their nerve in the penalty shoot out to progress to the Last 16.

20220109_134039.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Celtic Women 2-1 Rangers Women. 

A closely fought contest throughout. Rangers fail to make the most of several chances and ultimately two uncharacteristic mistakes from Rangers keeper Jenna Fife see Celtic through to the quarter finals. They'll do it again in the league in two weeks. Will hopefully be able to secure a ticket for that, last Women's Old Firm at Auchenhowie was only open to Rangers season ticket holders and MyGers members, but hopefully they do a public sale this time.

20220213_125916.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/02/2022 at 16:17, Craig the Hunter said:

Celtic Women 2-1 Rangers Women. 

A closely fought contest throughout. Rangers fail to make the most of several chances and ultimately two uncharacteristic mistakes from Rangers keeper Jenna Fife see Celtic through to the quarter finals. They'll do it again in the league in two weeks. Will hopefully be able to secure a ticket for that, last Women's Old Firm at Auchenhowie was only open to Rangers season ticket holders and MyGers members, but hopefully they do a public sale this time.

20220213_125916.jpg

Jeann Fife is prone to a howler v Celtic . Same old script every time when they play one another. Rangers more possesion/chances and celtic win

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

You don't get many upsets in Scottish women's football - most games run to form - but Thistle beating Hibs 4-2 in the quarter final is definitely one.  Hibs' defence doing much of Thistle's work for them, though:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

You don't get many upsets in Scottish women's football - most games run to form - but Thistle beating Hibs 4-2 in the quarter final is definitely one.  Hibs' defence doing much of Thistle's work for them, though:

 

Personally I'm not buying it a shock result. It might have surprised others but not us. 

We beat Hibs at Petershill Park in the league earlier in the season and although Hibs deserved their 1-0 win at Easter Road recently, we matched them that night as well. 

Hibs couldn't cope with our high press last night which contributed to some of the errors. 

What a journey this season is proving to be. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

Personally I'm not buying it a shock result. It might have surprised others but not us. 

I wasn't denigrating the PT Burdz but it was a result which went against the form guide.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've seen Thistle a couple of times this season and they look a decent side. Considering they only got promoted at the last minute because Forfar Farmington dropped out, they've competed very well and have been an excellent addition to the league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/04/2022 at 22:36, Craig the Hunter said:

I've seen Thistle a couple of times this season and they look a decent side. Considering they only got promoted at the last minute because Forfar Farmington dropped out, they've competed very well and have been an excellent addition to the league.

Yes, I'd agree with you on that. I've seen them against Glasgow City, they lost as expected but still gave them a good game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Marten said:

It has just been confirmed that the final is at Tynecastle on 29th May. Semi finals both at Falkirk Stadium on 1st May. :) 

Going to the Celtic v Hearts semi final, but have something on later so can't stay for Glasgow City v Partick Thistle. Can't see past a Celtic v City final, will definitely consider it, but dunno if I'll fancy driving home from Edinburgh on a Sunday evening, we'll see closer to the time!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...