Ayr v Arbroath

9 minutes ago, keptie said:

Had to happen eventually we've not lost for god knows how long. A bit of a shambolic goal to lose but once we did Ayr sat in and we struggled to make any good chances which fair play to Ayr was down to them making it difficult . Anyhow not getting despondent about it we are still in a fantastic position and also don't agree we have been poor lately we can't be expecting to turn over every team we play in this league.

Well played Ayr and was it windy btw.... don't know how mant times the commentator mentioned it.

Remember how annoying it was when we used to go 1 up and sit in against teams near the top then all their fans would come on n just say it was down to them being shite... end of day Ayr were really hard to play against after they went 1 up. First half hour absolutely done us

That’s the first daft goal we’ve conceded for a long time.
Absolutely no room for negativity about this Lichties team. Maybe not at our best but they did enough to at least share the points. I suspect that Dick wanted the long ball to Jack Hamilton but it was meat and drink to the big Ayr defenders. Great to see Nicky Low back and looking sharp.

Btw Andy Murdoch is the most handsome man to ever play football and Sean McGinty had a moment where he rinsed about 3 Arbroath midfielders with a clever bit of skill. You know it’s a bad day when you make Sean McGinty play like Socrates.

Was getting a bit worried with how little the ball was sticking up top, Moff would have been as well staying in the changing room at half time the way he played. The rest of the team were visibly looking a bit battered with the constant defending.  Bryden came on for his debut and while he couldn't hold it up/never got the chance his pressing woke those behind him up a little and we picked the tempo back up and saw it out without any real issue from there. 

Everybody put in a shift including the young young lad Bryden, however Moffat was atrocious again and hopefully puts to bed this nonsense of he must play, he couldn't get near to compete and when he did his lay offs are embarrassing actually on a few occasions including the goal he looked less than brave when going for the ball, please retire before you spoil the well deserved good will of yesteryear.  Murdoch was immense as was the much maligned Houston, but special praise to Baurd and McGinty well done lads

Everybody put in a shift including the young young lad Bryden, however Moffat was atrocious again and hopefully puts to bed this nonsense of he must play, he couldn't get near to compete and when he did his lay offs are embarrassing actually on a few occasions including the goal he looked less than brave when going for the ball, please retire before you spoil the well deserved good will of yesteryear.  Murdoch was immense as was the much maligned Houston, but special praise to Baurd and McGinty well done lads

Moff was absolutely fine in the first half. Second half we dropped deeper as a team and he eventually just tired himself out.

He was gash, did nothing, name his positive imputs it's becoming lazy rubbish 'Moff did this Moff did that's he did absolutely nothing today, I watched him at Firhhill earlier in the season and he was abysmal, great player for us in the past but totally gone I'm afraid 

He was gash, did nothing, name his positive imputs it's becoming lazy rubbish 'Moff did this Moff did that's he did absolutely nothing today, I watched him at Firhhill earlier in the season and he was abysmal, great player for us in the past but totally gone I'm afraid 

He did the job that he was being asked to do which was press Little and O’Brien and try to bring McKenzie and Maxwell into play. He did that. He’s never been able to play as a lone striker at this level unless you have quality wide players like Forrest and McCowan and Kelly in behind him. Like everyone this season there have been times he looks off the pace and there’s been times he’s been really good.

If you want to write him off because of a game at Firhill where literally everyone played horrendously then that’s up to you.

Surprised Ayr fans think Moffat had a bad game. I thought he was excellent for Ayr today. We were a bit below par and didn't create enough in the second half even though we were on top. Nouble shot had been anywhere other than direct at the keeper we may have taken a point. I think Ayr defended well overall and limited our chances. Still all to play for!

1 hour ago, Hammerafc said:

Surprised Ayr fans think Moffat had a bad game. I thought he was excellent for Ayr today. We were a bit below par and didn't create enough in the second half even though we were on top. Nouble shot had been anywhere other than direct at the keeper we may have taken a point. I think Ayr defended well overall and limited our chances. Still all to play for!

Nouble chance at the end is the thing that he needs to improve on. One in the box. Took a touch instead of just lashing at it and the defender got a last ditch block in

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Nouble chance at the end is the thing that he needs to improve on. One in the box. Took a touch instead of just lashing at it and the defender got a last ditch block in

He did have that one towards the end that forced a cracking save out of McAdams...on another day that goes in and you salvage a point

Can't agree with that. I remember the Thistle game and I thought Moff really looked his age that day, but yesterday he did everything asked of him. In the first 30 minutes when we played our best football he linked up well with the midfield.

Even based on this season alone Moffat still has time left in this division. Imagine filling your knickers because a guy in his late 30s got tired in the second half of a winning performance against the team 20 points ahead of you and sitting top of the division at the start of the day.

Sometimes it's tiring being an Ayr fan. The club makes a promising managerial appointment and the reaction is to moan about a volunteer who commentates on our stream. In the manager's first game Ayr beat the league leaders with the type of hard-working performance we have been crying out for. It's the first time Ayr have won back to back games for over a year. The reaction is to moan about the performance of one player. Can't we just enjoy it? Can't we just bask in the feeling that there might finally be a plan to progress the club without finding something to bloody whinge about?

10 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Moff was absolutely fine in the first half. Second half we dropped deeper as a team and he eventually just tired himself out.

Yup, though I think he was good first half. He linked everything and got us up the park.

In the second, we were ridiculously deep - I don’t think there is a striker in this league (possibly bar Nouble) who could have done anything with the lack of service/support. 

The public shaming remarks by a couple of fans on this site about Moffat were not justified , uncalled for and embarrassing, he did exactly what was asked of him , I would go more on the remarks of Bullen in his interview who actually congratulated Moffat on his efforts one of the few players he actually mentioned by name 

Edited by Finlay21