Scottish League 2 Trapdoor Watch 2021-22

We’ll be much more likely to finish bottom than top next season. I think people that haven’t seen us play will think Sons fans are being dramatic, but 10th is a very distinct possibility.
Your signings so far look OK, if not exactly blowing people away. Discontent between the board and fans for you lot obviously isn't great, but I'm not sure that'll impact the players much

35 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:
1 hour ago, FifeSons said:
We’ll be much more likely to finish bottom than top next season. I think people that haven’t seen us play will think Sons fans are being dramatic, but 10th is a very distinct possibility.

Your signings so far look OK, if not exactly blowing people away. Discontent between the board and fans for you lot obviously isn't great, but I'm not sure that'll impact the players much

It’s the manager that’s the biggest concern, with regards to the playing side.

Defensively we are diabolical, and I don’t see that changing. He’s totally inept tactically, with some very strange selections and decisions about how to approach must-win games. He also nullified the bright spark in our season, Callum Wilson, by totally mismanaging him when he lost a bit of confidence. Throw in some ridiculous comments he’s made post-season and him publicly throwing the players under the bus and you’ve got the worst Dumbarton manager in my lifetime.

I’m not sure if you caught the playoffs, but that should give you a good indication of how much of a shambles we are.

Being realistic, the best I can see while he’s in charge is mid-table mediocrity. Certainly nowhere near the title, but just about close enough to the playoffs to justify keeping his job. Worst case, we’ll be right in the trapdoor mix.

Edited by FifeSons

23 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Defensively we are diabolical, and I don’t see that changing. He’s totally inept tactically, with some very strange selections and decisions about how to approach must-win games. He also nullified the bright spark in our season, Callum Wilson, by totally mismanaging him when he lost a bit of confidence. Throw in some ridiculous comments he’s made post-season and him publicly throwing the players under the bus and you’ve got the worst Dumbarton manager in my lifetime.

I’m not sure if you caught the playoffs, but that should give you a good indication of how much of a shambles we are.

Being realistic, the best I can see while he’s in charge is mid-table mediocrity. Certainly nowhere near the title, but just about close enough to the playoffs to justify keeping his job. Worst case, we’ll be right in the trapdoor mix.

A familiar L2 litany.  I suspect many of us will be saying and thinking the same thing 

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

It's a bit too early to predict doom, but looking at the Dumbarton playing squad as things currently stand I think Farrell now has to come up with a couple of quality signings.  Long is a decent keeper but there is too much contracted dead wood still on the books and a worrying lack of pace across the pitch, never mind no recognised striker.

I'm the least enthused and most nervous about a coming season than for a very long time.

16 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I'm the least enthused and most nervous about a coming season than for a very long time.

That’s certainly also the case for me and I imagine most of the support. I reckon the season ticket sales will really be hurting the club, given some of the most loyal fans we have are boycotting.

I’m finding it very hard to work up any excitement or support for the manager.

Edited by FifeSons