Scottish League 2 Trapdoor Watch 2021-22

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Bigger club than Edinburgh City and have been drawing plenty of crowds over 500 in the LL so they also have the potential to rise further.

The reason Edinburgh City have been pulling in the crowds is that they have been playing home games on a Friday Evening, this allowing fans to get to another game on a Saturday.

27 minutes ago, kevsmart said:

The reason Edinburgh City have been pulling in the crowds is that they have been playing home games on a Friday Evening, this allowing fans to get to another game on a Saturday.

I think you'll find that's incorrect... 197 against Forfar a few weeks ago for example. 

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/edinburgh-city/attendances

Any side that finishes bottom 3 seasons out of 5 deserves to go down. But there's a play off system in place and 'Beath availed of it twice. However, third time unlucky. No animosity to Cowdenbeath, by the way, and I'm sure relegation is a real sickener for their fans.

Getting back up is going to be a problem, as has been stated previously in this thread, I , too, can't foresee any of the relegated SPFL sides getting back soon.

Congratulations to Bonnyrigg on a professional job over both play-offs. I think they'll fit in well at L2 rather than ripping through it like the souped-up nonsense clubs before, but that'll depend on whether there's actually a stand-out team at the level next season. With East Fife and a toiling Dumbarton side dropping down after poor seasons, it looks wide open. 

Well done to Bonnyrigg fully deserved promotion and welcome to the SPFL. Commiserations to Cowdenbeath  relegation is always a tough one to take but there’s at least a way back up.  Drown your sorrows in Wee Jimmies, there’s always next season as the saying goes. 

Congratulations to Bonnyrigg on a professional job over both play-offs. I think they'll fit in well at L2 rather than ripping through it like the souped-up nonsense clubs before, but that'll depend on whether there's actually a stand-out team at the level next season. With East Fife and a toiling Dumbarton side dropping down after poor seasons, it looks wide open. 
Absolutely agree. I reckon, maybe Albion Rovers apart, 9 clubs will be aiming for promotion

Just now, Gianfranco said:

Who is next? Elgin?

Seriously doubt either them or Albion Rovers will be in League Two five years from now with the top WoS clubs now being a factor. Assuming Darvel overcome Tranent in the LL playoff (strange things can happen over 90 minutes in a single game) think they will be heavy favourites to spend their way in next season.

Cowdownbeath.

Feel for the fans, and hopefully the pyramid opens up a bit to make it easier to get back out of the LL/HL (without the bigots of course). Enjoy the away trip back down to Berwick and I’m sure we will probably see you in the LL in the not too distant future.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Dumbarton must be a bit worried too.

Every present part time League team in the country should be worried.

3 bad seasons on and off the park and you're looking at some playoff in banjo country near a roundabout in Ayrshire.