Scottish League 2 Trapdoor Watch 2021-22

Just now, Left Back said:

Teams like Darvel, Talbot and Pollok are highly likely to go straight through tier 5 as they come up 1 by 1.

They're really not, because they'd first have to win their own league (not actually a gimme), then win a HL playoff and then beat a national league outfit. 

They're certainly much better equipped to do that than the likes of East Stirling or Berwick ever will be, but you'd be foolish to expect them to waltz through comfortably, especially when the last two stages to complete are effectively cup tie football. 

6 hours ago, Left Back said:

Teams like Darvel, Talbot and Pollok are highly likely to go straight through tier 5 as they come up 1 by 1.

You really haven’t thought this through have you?

No i have thought it through.

Teams such as Kelty and Bonnyrigg have been the trailblazers but it will start to level out now.

The top current lowland sides know they have to keep up.

Would Darvel beat Cowdenbeath like Bonnyrigg did? I’m not so sure.

23 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

....Would Darvel beat Cowdenbeath like Bonnyrigg did? I’m not so sure.

With the money Darvel are spending courtesy of the Killie pie man I'd rate them as more likely to.  Only half time on Bonnyrigg vs Cowdenbeath. It woukd be very surprising if Cowdenbeath turn it around but stranger things have happened.

1 hour ago, Sparticus said:

Darvel would beat Cowdenbeath and Bonnyrigg. Just look at their squad and team most of those players walk into league two teams and some league one teams.

Well you have one coming up this month.then another (thats two) this time next year.then three up in two years then four up in three years then five up in four years then six up in how many years? A handful.Unless you dont have five fingers?
Only 1 club can get promoted each year so no idea how you are getting 3 up in 2 years etc.

The Lowland league is an absolute shit hole of a league. It is going to be 10 to 15 years before it even resembles what tier 5 should look like.

23 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Only 1 club can get promoted each year so no idea how you are getting 3 up in 2 years etc.

The Lowland league is an absolute shit hole of a league. It is going to be 10 to 15 years before it even resembles what tier 5 should look like.

Well.Here i go again.

One team will be promoted this month.

Two teams will be promoted by this time next year.Let us stop and count.I make that two teams promoted in one year.Do you count that as well?

Lets move forward.In two years time another team will be promoted.I make that 3 teams up in two years.Do you?

Anyway my own opinion is there should be any promotion from the lowland unttil they get rid of the B teams corrupting the standings.

Well.Here i go again.
Two teams will be promoted by this time next year.Let us stop and count.I make that two teams promoted in one year.Do you count that as well?
Lets move forward.In two years time another team will be promoted.I make that 3 teams up in two years.Do you?
Anyway my own opinion is there should be any promotion from the lowland unttil they get rid of the B teams corrupting the standings.
You are including this seasons champion (21/22) going up but not starting the clock till the end of next season (22/23).

39 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
1 hour ago, Sparticus said:
Well.Here i go again.

You are including this seasons champion (21/22) going up but not starting the clock till the end of next season (22/23).

Help me Boab.

14 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Cya Cowden. A few good trips to be had in the LL league though. It’s a very hard league to get out of, and I wish that they would open up more promotion spaces. Only having 1 potential promotion from a 16 team league is nonsense.

The Winners of the HL & LL should be promoted automatically to the SFL.

Unless the newly promoted teams are all of the same mindset as the current ones, it won't take nearly that long. I reckon there will be a maximum of two more seasons with the current promotion levels between Tiers 5 and 6.

On 08/05/2022 at 11:17, kevsmart said:

The Winners of the HL & LL should be promoted automatically to the SFL.

I'm not in favour of play offs and don't disagree, although I do think that you should extend your thinking to encompass the entire SPFL.

Following through, relegate the bottom two teams from all four levels, let levels 2, 3 and 4 decide if they want to promote the top two teams or have a mini play off between teams 2 and 3.

On 08/05/2022 at 06:16, Sparticus said:

No i have thought it through.

Teams such as Kelty and Bonnyrigg have been the trailblazers but it will start to level out now.

The top current lowland sides know they have to keep up.

Surely its all about money and whoever’s dosh is bank rolling them and when it runs out ? Because it will at some point 

Berwick are having a right go at the LL next year, Darvel will too (if they go up) and I’d imagine Cowden will have a a decent team too.

Theres no way it’s a gimmie for Darvel but there’s no doubt they will have the best squad on paper.

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

Berwick are having a right go at the LL next year, Darvel will too (if they go up) and I’d imagine Cowden will have a a decent team too.

I'd be surprised if we kept many of the current team on?  No doubt we'll end up with Kyle Miller (C) and Robbie Buchanan each week.

14 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

I'd be surprised if we kept many of the current team on?  No doubt we'll end up with Kyle Miller (C) and Robbie Buchanan each week.

I’d hope not anyway. If those two are still there we may as well call it a day.

If Mo Ro is still there, based on a conversation with him, there won’t be any players left. Doubt he will stay though. 

A few people on twitter saying Maurice Ross being linked with Raith Rovers for next season, hopefully not much truth in it, very much unfinished business from him if he doesnt keep the club up, he has a good coaching brain but as our manager he didnt deliver and talked a good game, id like to see him stay on for a full season but i highly doubt it. 

3 minutes ago, SuperCowden said:

A few people on twitter saying Maurice Ross being linked with Raith Rovers for next season, hopefully not much truth in it, very much unfinished business from him if he doesnt keep the club up, he has a good coaching brain but as our manager he didnt deliver and talked a good game, id like to see him stay on for a full season but i highly doubt it. 

Surely this is just silly trolling.  Given his ‘success’ at Cowdenbeath can’t see that he will be attractive to other clubs, particularly those at a higher level.

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

I’d hope not anyway. If those two are still there we may as well call it a day.

If Mo Ro is still there, based on a conversation with him, there won’t be any players left. Doubt he will stay though. 

He said in an interview near the start of his time here that he will be here until the job is done, not sure what the job is but if that in a go at the LL then I hope he’s here next season

I imagine the budget would be slashed for a LL campaign which would mean the manager's salary would be cut too. Will he want to do the same job for less money?

Is he sitting comfortably due to EBTs and maybe doesn't need the money...
Parachute payment will help a bit although match day income will decrease I expect due to reduced gates and lower admission price.

Would anyone stop going if the team left Central Park and did a hypothetical ground share with Kelty/Rovers/Glenrothes? No idea if that would be cheaper than what we pay now though.