Scottish League 2 Trapdoor Watch 2021-22

22 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Think Auchinleck (should) prevail this year.

But yes, in an ideal scenario, Auchinleck & Tranent  or Penicuik would come up.

The Lowland League start brightly amidst much junior team indifference / sniffiness but is fast becoming not fit for purpose either in facilitating access to the SPFL or in opening up Tier 5 to a much more coherent pyramid below. If the league was expanded to eighteen teams there should be no problem with the bottom 2 going down automatically and the third bottom team in a play off.

And yes, I think the bottom team should go down automatically from League Two, replaced by the winners of the LL v HFL play off, with the 9th team in L2 facing off against the winner of a 4-team mini league consisting of teams 2& 3 from LL (Colts obviously banned and, preferably, got to f**k) and HL.

How to break a logjam of obvious self-interest in both L2 and the LL? perhaps a topic for another thread.

I think that the bottom 2 in League 2 should be relegated and the winners of the HL and LL should be promoted, no need for play off

1 minute ago, therewasacoo said:

The rules were they aren’t able to win the league so it would be next in the table to get promoted

What rules? Special rules just to suit  B teams!!

You know and I know that the chance of a play off should go to league winners only,  not any old also rans.

The rules were they aren’t able to win the league so it would be next in the table to get promoted
It's just more hypocrisy from the LL as if a tier 6 league is won by an unlicensed team then the promotion place doesn't go to the next highest placed licensed team.

4 hours ago, kevsmart said:

I think that the bottom 2 in League 2 should be relegated and the winners of the HL and LL should be promoted, no need for play off

If the bottom 2 teams in all leagues, including the SPL were also to be relegated then you might have a valid point. The play offs have been a great addition to the leagues and made them much more competitive and interesting. The bottom team in league 2 should be relegated in my opinion and the second bottom team should go into a play off against the winners of the LL/HL play off. 

If the bottom 2 teams in all leagues, including the SPL were also to be relegated then you might have a valid point. The play offs have been a great addition to the leagues and made them much more competitive and interesting. The bottom team in league 2 should be relegated in my opinion and the second bottom team should go into a play off against the winners of the LL/HL play off. 
I love these poorly thought out and completely illogical ideas being thrown about

50 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The 2nd bottom team would have to play-off against the losers of the LL/HL play-off in that scenario.

That sounds exactly like the type of set up the league would introduce 🙂.