Scottish League 2 Trapdoor Watch 2021-22

25 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

The Lowland League have made a mockery of the pyramid with their guest clubs and shitting on the clubs below.

Bang on. They’ve shown themselves up to be a shower of self serving morons and it is massively holding Scottish football back. It will take decades to get rid of the majority of dross in that league that are way above their station.

Its an embarrassment and the SPFL/League 2 clubs should not compromise anything further to these c***s. Anyone complaining about the relegation spot from L2 has some brass neck on them.

The LL and it’s clubs should be ashamed of themselves.  

41 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

The Lowland League have made a mockery of the pyramid with their guest clubs and shitting on the clubs below.

100% agree but two wrongs don't make a right, and Bonnyrigg were one of the good guys in the votes.

Nothing against the 'beath, but I enjoy seeing movement up and down, and have no preference for Fraserburgh or BR. Maybe Fraserburgh, if pushed, as I remember them being tough opponents for Inverness Thistle in the 80's when I watched HL, and their fans were good fun when Falkirk played them in the cup a few years ago.

57 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

100% agree but two wrongs don't make a right, and Bonnyrigg were one of the good guys in the votes.

Nothing against the 'beath, but I enjoy seeing movement up and down, and have no preference for Fraserburgh or BR. Maybe Fraserburgh, if pushed, as I remember them being tough opponents for Inverness Thistle in the 80's when I watched HL, and their fans were good fun when Falkirk played them in the cup a few years ago.

If we go down we go down but it’s a really shit league with no morals.

The East and West Premier Divisions are probably better.

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

Bang on. They’ve shown themselves up to be a shower of self serving morons and it is massively holding Scottish football back. It will take decades to get rid of the majority of dross in that league that are way above their station.

Its an embarrassment and the SPFL/League 2 clubs should not compromise anything further to these c***s. Anyone complaining about the relegation spot from L2 has some brass neck on them.

For the uneducated among us (just me probably) what is it the lowland league clubs are doing wrong? Is it just the rangers b and celtic b thing or are they stopping other clubs being promoted too?

14 minutes ago, Lex said:

For the uneducated among us (just me probably) what is it the lowland league clubs are doing wrong? Is it just the rangers b and celtic b thing or are they stopping other clubs being promoted too?

For years and years the Lowland League have said they cannot expand beyond 16 teams. This is both from them and supposedly an SFA mandate. However, they've given themselves a free pass to invite two or more Guest Clubs in perpetuity. These are places that could have gone to actual clubs that could contend for promotion/relegation.

It could also be argued that the existing Lowland League members are restricting relegation as much as possible to allow them to profit financially from the entrance fees from the Guest Clubs.

There are other factors at play but then it becomes an issue of B teams.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

Lowland league should be restructured to ensure the pyramid flows , 

automatic relegation for bottom two 

west, East, south league winners play each other home and away top two go up 

kick out the colts 

sounds alright on my head 😂

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Scottish football is full of self serving balloons from top to bottom......,the SPFL is a cabal of self interest !!

The LL is going out of their way though to be top cuntos.

As Ranaldo Bairn says,2 wrongs dont make a right,there is some good guys within the LL,unfortunately they are in the minority.

Awful decision beforehand not to expand relegation and promotion from 1 to 2.

Then they fire the colts back in.....

Should be obvious to all,that you've got several clubs (cabal like again) within the organisation who know the clock is ticking and they are determined to stay there as long as by only having 1 relegation spot,until they are eventually relegated.

The might that is "Auchinleck Talbot" appearing on the scene next season will be interesting,(winning the WoSFL league and play off provided).

On 19/04/2022 at 09:17, Edgar81 said:

Over 100000 sims (using the Roonba Scottish club ranking):

Cowdenbeath's opponent: Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic 59.062%, Fraserburgh 40.938%

To win the playoff:

47.461% - Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic

29.303% - Fraserburgh

23.236% - Cowdenbeath

Please stop posting this semi-literate drivel. No-one cares.

I’m a big advocate of the pyramid. I’d love to see League 2 become much more fluid and one day it will, one day the LL will be competitive as hell and draw big crowds at most games. That day feels like a long way off at the minute. 

There will come a time when dropping to the LL is no big deal, sadly playing the Colts sides, glorified boys clubs and Uni teams means this time is not now. 

I watch a lot of EoS football and see exactly what so many clubs bring to the table and how much hard work people have done to get to this stage. It’s a slap in the face to all these clubs. 

32 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

There will come a time when dropping to the LL is no big deal, sadly playing the Colts sides, glorified boys clubs and Uni teams means this time is not now. 

Exactly. A competitive league with a handful of the bigger ex-junior sides from the east and west, a few ex-SPFL clubs and a few of the stronger LL originals where the champions get an automatic promotion spot would be a great league and I honestly wouldn't mind East Fife going down to something like that.

At the moment, the LL is a pile of shite and it'll probably take 10 years to flush out all the dross that's dragging it down.

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

I’m a big advocate of the pyramid. I’d love to see League 2 become much more fluid and one day it will, one day the LL will be competitive as hell and draw big crowds at most games. That day feels like a long way off at the minute. 

I watch a lot of EoS football and see exactly what so many clubs bring to the table and how much hard work people have done to get to this stage. It’s a slap in the face to all these clubs. 

Like you Muzz I watch a lot of non league when Cowden arn’t playing or I can’t get to an away game.

Been mostly EOS this season, not boycotting the LL but at the same time not my first choice to watch after the B team thing.

The EOS premier is a really good league and the top sides would easily slot into the LL playing wise.

The WOS would be the same and clubs from both actually have decent crowds.

I’ve always said SPFL sides would respond better to automatic relegation if there was a decent league to fall into.

It will happen someday but will be a long way unless there’s a drastic change with their relegation.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

At the moment, the LL is a pile of shite and it'll probably take 10 years to flush out all the dross that's dragging it down.

I'm not convinced it'll take as long as that. There will be a tipping point fairly soon where there are more proper clubs than chancers - for example this year they will lose Vale of Leithen and might gain someone like Auchinleck/Tranent/Penicuik/Linlithgow. They could even gain Cowdenbeath and lose Gretna if the play-off goes a particular way. Once that happens, you might well see a vote on extra relegation places going differently, unless some of the ex-SPFL/Juniors clubs go all Animal Farm.

Worst case scenario of course is that fellow joke club Darvel go up and replace Vale of Leithen.

37 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm not convinced it'll take as long as that. There will be a tipping point fairly soon where there are more proper clubs than chancers - for example this year they will lose Vale of Leithen and might gain someone like Auchinleck/Tranent/Penicuik/Linlithgow. They could even gain Cowdenbeath and lose Gretna if the play-off goes a particular way. Once that happens, you might well see a vote on extra relegation places going differently, unless some of the ex-SPFL/Juniors clubs go all Animal Farm.

Worst case scenario of course is that fellow joke club Darvel go up and replace Vale of Leithen.

Somebody else will ask...

Think Auchinleck (should) prevail this year.

But yes, in an ideal scenario, Auchinleck & Tranent  or Penicuik would come up.

The Lowland League start brightly amidst much junior team indifference / sniffiness but is fast becoming not fit for purpose either in facilitating access to the SPFL or in opening up Tier 5 to a much more coherent pyramid below. If the league was expanded to eighteen teams there should be no problem with the bottom 2 going down automatically and the third bottom team in a play off.

And yes, I think the bottom team should go down automatically from League Two, replaced by the winners of the LL v HFL play off, with the 9th team in L2 facing off against the winner of a 4-team mini league consisting of teams 2& 3 from LL (Colts obviously banned and, preferably, got to f**k) and HL.

How to break a logjam of obvious self-interest in both L2 and the LL? perhaps a topic for another thread.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman