Scottish League 2 Trapdoor Watch 2021-22

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Another big win for Cowden against Rovers today, surely they can’t turn this around?

IMG_9827.jpg

They have Elgin away and Albion Rovers at home as their final games so it's possible, however I can't see the other two not picking up any points before then. 

8 hours ago, Left Back said:

How on earth do you figure that out?

2 games back with 14 to go.  It’s a dogfight.

On a PPG basis you could reasonably expect Albion Rovers to get to 37 or 38 points. If so, Cowdenbeath will need to get 21 points, so realistically seven wins from 14 remaining games. Admittedly Rovers could collapse, making the target lower, but I don’t think this will happen. Having seen Cowdenbeath in action three times this season I think they are significantly worse than any other team in the league. Don’t think there is much difference in quality between second to ninth. Any of them can win on their day. So I don’t expect a Rovers collapse. But good luck to Cowdenbeath in escaping the drop. It would be a real shame to lose such a longstanding member of the SPFL. 

Having seen most teams twice this season at least there isn’t a lot between top to bottom imo  , fine fine margins , a ref blunder , defensive mistake ,poor execution of chances,  dodgy pens etc (which we haven’t had any of😁) and a few bad days at the office any team is capable of winning against each other in this league , a lot of games to be played and points to be won , the fact that anyone from around 5th can still get sucked in to relegation battle or bottom could still realistically make promotion playoffs make it a great league 

32 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

On a PPG basis you could reasonably expect Albion Rovers to get to 37 or 38 points. If so, Cowdenbeath will need to get 21 points, so realistically seven wins from 14 remaining games. Admittedly Rovers could collapse, making the target lower, but I don’t think this will happen. Having seen Cowdenbeath in action three times this season I think they are significantly worse than any other team in the league. Don’t think there is much difference in quality between second to ninth. Any of them can win on their day. So I don’t expect a Rovers collapse. But good luck to Cowdenbeath in escaping the drop. It would be a real shame to lose such a longstanding member of the SPFL. 

The league table doesn’t lie. (Sorry for the cliche). However we have a new management team and some new players recently brought in. Hopefully they can improve the team and subsequently the results. The signs are positive that this is the case. It is a tall order to pull us back into the pack but yesterday’s result makes it possible as opposed to impossible if we had lost. If we don’t then we do have the play off to once again escape the drop. I think in the future the play off will be scrapped for the bottom team and the play off will just be HL v LL. Until then the bottom team still has a lifeline. So all is not lost for us. We keep going and see where it takes us.

its a big ask for us to turn this around but even if we dont we know how important at least making a fight of it is prior to those playoff games,far better to go into them as a team with improved performances(like us the 2 times before) than as a team thats nosedived towards the end(like berwick)

14 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

its a big ask for us to turn this around but even if we dont we know how important at least making a fight of it is prior to those playoff games,far better to go into them as a team with improved performances(like us the 2 times before) than as a team thats nosedived towards the end(like berwick)

IIRC Berwick had never finished bottom since the league had changed to a four divisions structure so the tragedy for them was that a bad six months spell finished them… as it could for any other team in our division. 

IIRC Berwick had never finished bottom since the league had changed to a four divisions structure so the tragedy for them was that a bad six months spell finished them… as it could for any other team in our division. 

Yes. Berwick completely imploded when they got rid of a manager who was doing ok. Not brilliant but in my opinion would not have finished bottom. They then appointed an absolute charlatan who convinced everyone there he was brilliant. Even after we beat them scoring 6 the interviewer gave him a well done. It was bizarre. One bad season with the wrong appointment or as you said six months is all it takes.

Have to say looking at it now I'd pick Cowden to stay up ahead of Albion taking into account recent results and having seen both in the past month or so against us.

Whatever happens Maurice Ross has given Cowdenbeath a chance that would have been zero at this stage under Bollan.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Think the hearing is this Friday, isn't it?

Think it was 10 games and a further 3 suspended that Dean Brett got so if any of the players have a record just as bad or worse than Dean and Elgin could be in trouble.

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

Think it was 10 games and a further 3 suspended that Dean Brett got so if any of the players have a record just as bad or worse than Dean and Elgin could be in trouble.

I think the big thing with Dean was he was betting on games that he was playing in. If the Elgin players were the same then it's worse than Dean as there was a bunch of them - assuming there were betting against their team.