The Phenomenon that is Arbroath F.C...................Will the bubble burst?

Arbroath F.C are...without question..... the Championship Team of the HALF Year. The question is..given Premier teams may recall players....will Dick Campbells Red Lichties continue to light up the part-time East Coast of Scotland?

Correct me if I’m wrong but they only have Nouble, Dowds and Hamilton on loan? They’ve already replaced Nouble with a better striker (imo) in Jack Hamilton. Anton Dowds looks like he wants to stay with them rather than head back to Falkirk. Chris Hamilton is a weird one because he’s probably not going to make it at Hearts so if a club came in and offered money for him he could be off this month but that’s not a definite yet.

If they can keep Hamilton, Low, McKenna and O’Brien free from injury then I fancy them to finish top 4 easily but my head still tells me they’ll be trumped to the top spot by Caley or Kilmarnock.

Unless theres a big change in personnel or a run of injuries, I can see them going all the way

Killie and my Raith seem to be going backwards unless we get our act together, so at the minute the only real challengers are both the thistles

See what the results are next Sat, if we fail to win or at least draw at inversnekie we could be play offs only

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but they only have Nouble, Dowds and Hamilton on loan? They’ve already replaced Nouble with a better striker (imo) in Jack Hamilton. Anton Dowds looks like he wants to stay with them rather than head back to Falkirk. Chris Hamilton is a weird one because he’s probably not going to make it at Hearts so if a club came in and offered money for him he could be off this month but that’s not a definite yet.

If they can keep Hamilton, Low, McKenna and O’Brien free from injury then I fancy them to finish top 4 easily but my head still tells me they’ll be trumped to the top spot by Caley or Kilmarnock.

I agree. McKenna is instrumental in their pursuance of....promotion?....Canny happen....Can it?

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Nouble is on a different level entirely to Hamilton mate but I fancy Hamilton to score more goals. 

Ultimately it all depends on what happens in January. DC says he has a white rabbit to pull out the hat. 

Keep saying this but the second half of last season we had top 4 form too. With Hearts and Dundee in the league and with no Nouble. 

I think we will end up drawing a good few games and we will miss the x factor of Nouble and ultimately end up in a play off spot and I would be very happy with that. 

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

A better striker?

Maybe a better goal scorer, but I don’t see the better striker thing at all!

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

They’ve already replaced Nouble with a better striker (imo) in Jack Hamilton.

😂

Nice one D'Jaffo. Who are you hoping to fish in with that nonsense? I like big Jack Hamilton. He did well in his season with us, but seriously, "better than Nouble". Oh my. 😆

[emoji23]
Nice one D'Jaffo. Who are you hoping to fish in with that nonsense? I like big Jack Hamilton. He did well in his season with us, but seriously, "better than Nouble". Oh my. [emoji38]

A better striker?
Maybe a better goal scorer, but I don’t see the better striker thing at all!

Nouble is on a different level entirely to Hamilton mate but I fancy Hamilton to score more goals. 

Ultimately it all depends on what happens in January. DC says he has a white rabbit to pull out the hat. 

Keep saying this but the second half of last season we had top 4 form too. With Hearts and Dundee in the league and with no Nouble. 

I think we will end up drawing a good few games and we will miss the x factor of Nouble and ultimately end up in a play off spot and I would be very happy with that. 

When I said better striker I did mean I think he’s a better goalscorer. I think Hamilton will end up with the better numbers at the end of the season. Nouble has obviously not been goal shy but imo he does most of his best work outside the box.

My only fear for Arbroath would be that Hamilton and Dowds might be too similar and they’ll miss a player going forward who can carry the ball, use a bit of trickery and go past defenders. I know he’s had some mixed to poor loan spells in this league but I think Campbell could really get something out of a player like Kai Kennedy.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

When I said better striker I did mean I think he’s a better goalscorer. I think Hamilton will end up with the better numbers at the end of the season. Nouble has obviously not been goal shy but imo he does most of his best work outside the box.

My only fear for Arbroath would be that Hamilton and Dowds might be too similar and they’ll miss a player going forward who can carry the ball, use a bit of trickery and go past defenders. I know he’s had some mixed to poor loan spells in this league but I think Campbell could really get something out of a player like Kai Kennedy.

Yeah would fancy Hamilton to put it into the net over Nouble. He looked sharp today off the bench. Dowds is kind of like Nouble in a way but I think we will potentially lose him back to Falkirk too, Dowds runs the channels well and takes us up the park and is very direct. We will see what DC does.

25 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

If it's Stephen Kelly that would be a game changer

36 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Honest and fair assesment from a Lichties fan.

4 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

A question for fellow Ton supporters.Would you have Gaston back in place of Hamilton? For me its a NO......Jack's doin just fine.

Gaston grown on me a whole lot. Jack is always someone I thought would end up at us along with his brother.