East Fife v. Montrose

I thought East Fife played some decent football in the first half but didn't show up in the second. Fair play to Montrose for taking their chances and playing some good one touch passages of play. Thought Elijah Simpson looked strong and useful and happy for Blair Lyons to get on the scoresheet again. Just a pity MacAlister grabbed an 87th minute winner for Cove up at Peterhead. Still, that's their business. All Montrose have to do is attend to their own. Another clean sheet thanks to Lennox and the pretty solid back line, marshalled by Dillon is another pleasing aspect of the game, from a Mo perspective.

All in all a fine start to a Happy New Year, 2022!

1 hour ago, Stevo Fife said:

I can't speak for anyone else but I don't give a f**k to be honest. 2nd division football is the future but I wont be watching it.

After watching that today you are bang on the money those tactics and I have to say that 2nd half as bad as anything I’ve seen in football for a long time.  Playing one striker and a midfield that just backed off without pressing the ball allowed Montrose the easiest afternoon they’ll get all season. We allowed Montrose to come 50 yards forward without anyone laying a glove on them. What’s the point in playing 5 across the middle if your not going to tackle or press the ball. A long time since I’ve left Bayview so disappointed with what I’ve seen served up. Carry on like that and we’ll be relegated by March I would much rather see us having a go than playing football in that manner. 

I can't speak for anyone else but I don't give a f**k to be honest. 2nd division football is the future but I wont be watching it.
That's the joy of supporting diddies. Sometimes you do get relegated. It's sh*te but giving up on yer team cause of it seems a bit entitled.

Anyhow yous have Ryan Blair now [emoji102]

Regulation 3 points for Montrose against East Fife. Poor first half that The fifers maybe shaded, a great save from Annie after a short Dillon pass back kept it goalless. Second half was nearly all Montrose and the 2 goals by Lyons (although I thought the first was an OG) gave us a deserved win. Another excellent tip on to the post by Annie after a deflected shot kept the clean sheet and Gallagher did likewise denying Masson and a 3rd goal. 

Good performance all round, Lyons looking back to his best and a solid debut from Elijah Simpson. Strong, full of running and can hold the ball up, looks a welcome addition. 

Thought some shouts towards Keatings were unnecessary, yes he’s disappointed but I don’t think he’s really been fully fit and criticism won’t help things 

1 hour ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Have to agree, if you're a true supporter you support your team through thick and thin. League 2 is certainly not where I want to be but the Fife's still my team regardless. 

Absolutely, been there with the Mo, once East Stirlingshire got relegated we became the team that everyone gave a kicking to, it was depressing and often embarrassing.

I hope the Fife get out of their doldrums soon (but at someone else’s expense!)

Not having Cammy at right back and Aiden or Kerr at CH meant the back 3 approach meant Steeves had to play in the back 3 and because of that we didn’t have the usual wingback overload that we can normally create so we struggled in the first half. Annie pulled of 3 top notch saves in the first half to keep us in it.  Second half it looked like we gambled by pushing Matty further forward and getting Webby further up the park as well. Once we scored it was all over. I’m liking that we’re back to being very hard to score against .. like when we won L2.  Think Annie deserves a huge amount of credit for that … he’s been immense.  Gone from being a bombscare to rock solid. Great to see Blair scoring again .. that’s 3 in 2. Simpson looks like he has something about him … some nice touches and a cracking pass to Webby set up the first goal.  

42 minutes ago, broomiesniper said:

Thought some shouts towards Keatings were unnecessary, yes he’s disappointed but I don’t think he’s really been fully fit and criticism won’t help things 

Keatings reminds me of McLean when he signed. Thinks he’s better than the Mo and not prepared to do the hard stuff.  Just wants to flit around. He was embarrassing v Peterhead .. made token attempts at closing down but as soon as the centre halves ran past him .. which was every single time .. he gave up. Never put in a single challenge. I’d forgive that if he was clinical up top but he isn’t.  I hope he picks up but right now he’s 3rd or 4th pick for centre forward. 

5 hours ago, endieinreekie said:

Top quality highlights from East Fife.

The actual match coverage and commentary were okay, other than the five minute dropped connection before half-time. Sad hearing Liam so glum though. Hope East Fife can stay up and not just because we seem to take points off them.