Week 17

lichtie23

8 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Oh I wonder which game will get flexed to SNF next week... :angry:

Shite, ain’t it? I like watching the games at a reasonable time…

Its official now as well. Chargers @ Raiders for the final SNF.

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Shite, ain’t it? I like watching the games at a reasonable time…

Its official now as well. Chargers @ Raiders for the final SNF.

It was the obvious choice, infuriating as it is. What I don't understand is that they also had to flex two games to Saturday, and rather than moving the 49'ers/Rams clash, which is seriously important for both teams, they move the fucking KC/Denver game, which beyond determining KC's seed is rather meaningless, and just gives KC an extra day to recover before the WC round IF the Titans hold on to No.1. Even Pitt v Baltimore would have made more sense, given that if Pittsburgh wins tonight that game is essentially an eliminator for both.

Gets to the point sometimes where you really do wonder if the NFL actually does go out of their way to help certain teams and hinder others. The frequency with which the Chargers opened the regular season with a road Monday night game led to it becoming a running joke. Where will we be playing week 1 this season? The fucking Moon?

Edited by Boo Khaki

26 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

It was the obvious choice, infuriating as it is. What I don't understand is that they also had to flex two games to Saturday, and rather than moving the 49'ers/Rams clash, which is seriously important for both teams, they move the fucking KC/Denver game, which beyond determining KC's seed is rather meaningless, and just gives KC an extra day to recover before the WC round IF the Titans hold on to No.1. Even Pitt v Baltimore would have made more sense, given that if Pittsburgh wins tonight that game is essentially an eliminator for both.

Gets to the point sometimes where you really do wonder if the NFL actually does go out of their way to help certain teams and hinder others. The frequency with which the Chargers opened the regular season with a road Monday night game led to it becoming a running joke. Where will we be playing week 1 this season? The fucking Moon?

If anything, our game could have been one of the Saturday games. Because if the Steelers lose one of their last two games (very likely) and the Jaguars beat the Colts (maybe not so likely) then the Raiders are in the playoffs anyway and it takes all the sting out of the game.

Obviously the Jaguars seem to have downed tools and very probably won’t even get close to Indy, but we could end up with a damp squib season finale.

Even in that scenario it's still an absolute must win for LAC, but yeah, your point is essentially correct in that it means the SNF ceases to be the 'play-in' game it's being billed as. 

I still think it's ridiculous that they moved the game of one AFC contender a day forwards, when they are already assured of a home game in the WC round, because it has handed them the immediate advantage of an extra day's rest regardless of who they play. If anything, for that reason alone it should have been the LV/LAC game moved, because even though that would still give a team an advantage, at least you can't determine precisely which team as of yet. As things stand, it just looks like the NFL doing everything they can to help out KC.