Stenhousemuir -vs- Stirling Albion

FF and Old Fashioned Stramash sum it up perfectly.  You could clearly see what was going to happen early in the second half and if we could see why could Swift not.

Albion are a fairly physical and robust team and we failed to match them. Again we created very few chances but Orr had a decent game today.

Tapping and Crichton are disasters that happen every week, he must pair Jamieson and Corbett for a run of games when Jamieson is fit. Forbes has reverted back to being Mr Anonymous again. He also needs to bring in a goalkeeper asap. Although better than Marshall it is abundantly clear that Wilson is not for this level. How Swift thought both were suitable for this level calls his credibility into doubt.

Swift uttering the same pish as he did earlier in the season in the after-match interviews.  Is he the man for the club? No I do not think so but I am sure the board will persevere with him until the end of the season at least.  It is a huge game for him next week.

Finally our stewards need to get their act together. First they challenged a fan at the turnstile telling him he could not get in with a cup of coffee but he could buy exactly the same container inside the ground? Clearly they have no idea of the legislation. Secondly the way they acted with the clown in the red jacket was nothing short of embarrassment. While trying to deal with the situation one even allowed a fan to walk up to him and take the hat of his head.  It is easy to see that they were not in control of the situation, were dictated to and looked stupid.

As well as being a joke on the park we are turning into a joke of the park as well.

Changes MUST be made.

Getting back to the stage from earlier this season where I am not looking forward to the games.  There are clear issues in the team which have not been, and probably will not, be addressed.

Much has been said above so I will not repeat.  Jury very much out on Swift - board will not commit to change now.

I wouldn't get rid of Swift but there are enough question marks about the season so far. The goalie situation is a disaster and yes he signed them both but I presume it was on the premise that Smith would come back as 1st choice. We can't wait any longer and a decent keeper is a must.

Re Crighton, you have to look at the goals we are conceding and considering he is supposed to be the experienced head, holding things together, then you've got to say it hasn't been a success. Corbett and Jamieson at centre half sounds like a good shout to me. Can't be any worse can it?

It's such a strange situation to be in. We can still easily make top 4 in which case you would have to say that it has been a success but by the same token, I'm still looking over my shoulder. We could easily go on the same sort of run Stirling have just endured.

Albion Rovers next. Joy.

11 hours ago, MrBeeno said:

It will be interesting to see the replay for the Stenny goal.I thought the ball had crossed the line for a goal kick and I think the Binos defenders thought so too and stopped.I was surprised when the ref allowed the goal to stand.

Schoolboy error, play to the whistle.

it did look as if it had crossed the line though.

I wouldn't get rid of Swift but there are enough question marks about the season so far. The goalie situation is a disaster and yes he signed them both but I presume it was on the premise that Smith would come back as 1st choice. We can't wait any longer and a decent keeper is a must.

Re Crighton, you have to look at the goals we are conceding and considering he is supposed to be the experienced head, holding things together, then you've got to say it hasn't been a success. Corbett and Jamieson at centre half sounds like a good shout to me. Can't be any worse can it?

It's such a strange situation to be in. We can still easily make top 4 in which case you would have to say that it has been a success but by the same token, I'm still looking over my shoulder. We could easily go on the same sort of run Stirling have just endured.

Albion Rovers next. Joy.
I don't think Smith came into the thinking at all to be honest. Just awful recruitment.

I’d echo the comments regarding the young team. They were close to getting out of hand. 

the stewards were dreadful. Heavy handed in dealing with situations and failed to control them.

Does anyone know what Red Jacket Man was guilty of (if anything)?

Just some observations from a kind of neutral. First visit to my new local team.

Stenny bossed the first half but looked as though the midfield were told to sit deeper in the second. Totally enabled Stirling to boss the rest of the game. Poor game management but I gather thats been a familiar story this season?

Couldn't get my head around the Stenny GK being the smallest player on the park. Is he first choice or a stand in?

The Captain (Creighton?) seems to do a lot of shouting but takes absolutely no responsibility. Bit of a bombscare. Noticed he played an Albion player onside by about 10 yards then proceeded to scream at the linesman then his own players.

Number 2 (Lyons?) seems a decent player with a good experienced head on him. Orr and O'Reilly impressed me. Wedderburn a good physical player with good feet but seems 2 or 3 stone overweight.

How the red jacket guy got to left to it after wrestling 3 stewards and swinging punches was unbelieveable.

Enjoyed the game despite the result and will defo be back next chance I get.

I can confirm that the steak pies are indeed tremendous.

1 hour ago, headthebaw said:

I’d echo the comments regarding the young team. They were close to getting out of hand. 

the stewards were dreadful. Heavy handed in dealing with situations and failed to control them.

Does anyone know what Red Jacket Man was guilty of (if anything)?

With hindsight I have altered my view on the "little  darlings". Let them grow old and cynical, paying taxes along the way. Chemical castration is still an option.

Were stewards in attendance yesterday??  Picture the scenario  Your watching a game of football. A couple of burly stewards attempt to eject you, but change their mind. 

Red jacket man unwisely decided to intervene when a young team boy was getting huckled out for standing on a wall.

After a short discussion the stewards decided to cease the debate and tried to huckle him out instead. Very heavy handed though and unnecessary. He took exception to this and comedy Greco wrestling ensued before the stewards gave up.

Highlight of a shit 1st half.

47 minutes ago, cement said:

Red jacket man unwisely decided to intervene when a young team boy was getting huckled out for standing on a wall.

After a short discussion the stewards decided to cease the debate and tried to huckle him out instead. Very heavy handed though and unnecessary. He took exception to this and comedy Greco wrestling ensued before the stewards gave up.

As soon as they have put hands on him he has to go. Imagine if he makes a claim that he was injured during the fracas but the stewards either in their lack of knowledge or sheer incompetence decided to now allow him to remain after physically tying to remove him.

You must have been near me Cement because that’s the way I saw it and it happened pretty much in front of me and my son.

I don’t know if “Red Jacket man” knew the lad or not but in my opinion it was the steward that mishandled the situation then proceeded to justify himself by shouting into the face of another fan who had nothing to do with anything and was a few steps down from me, it was all rather avoidable.

There seemed to be someone walking around speaking to people about it, man in a grey suit. I have no idea who he was but I would love to know what he thought about it all and the handling of the incident.

Good to get a victory at last, the first points we've picked up since Martin McNiff got injured. Sometimes you dont realise how important a player is until he's not there anymore. McNiff was great at organising the defence and chipped in with the odd goal, hopefully he's back sooner than later. Flanagan's goal was great, and the celebrations were a mixture of relief and excitement. I'd forgotten what it was like to be winning a game. 

In terms of the 'young team', I like the atmosphere they create at games, however they do overstep the mark on occasion, and running onto the pitch was a terrible idea. Exuberance of youth, I expect, maybe I'm just jealous 🤣

Big game on Saturday at home to Kelty who will be hurting after that pasting by Annan. 

Have to say, behind the goals at Stenny under the lights with a biggish crowd is one of my favourite experiences in this division, harks back to the olden days when football wasn't played at sterile grounds ( I include our own in this). 

5 hours ago, Huggins said:

Just some observations from a kind of neutral. First visit to my new local team.

Stenny bossed the first half but looked as though the midfield were told to sit deeper in the second. Totally enabled Stirling to boss the rest of the game. Poor game management but I gather thats been a familiar story this season?

Couldn't get my head around the Stenny GK being the smallest player on the park. Is he first choice or a stand in?

The Captain (Creighton?) seems to do a lot of shouting but takes absolutely no responsibility. Bit of a bombscare. Noticed he played an Albion player onside by about 10 yards then proceeded to scream at the linesman then his own players.

Number 2 (Lyons?) seems a decent player with a good experienced head on him. Orr and O'Reilly impressed me. Wedderburn a good physical player with good feet but seems 2 or 3 stone overweight.

How the red jacket guy got to left to it after wrestling 3 stewards and swinging punches was unbelieveable.

Enjoyed the game despite the result and will defo be back next chance I get.

I can confirm that the steak pies are indeed tremendous.

The Motherwell boys were in town.  I was in the Albion end, sore ears with the drum, SA clearly thought the ball was out and stopped for the first goal.  The own goal looked like there may have been some pressure at the back of the defender this was minutes after the same player, no.4, lambasted his own keeper as he headed it out his hands and out for a corner.  I had no issues with the keeper coming off his line for the winner, the attacker had got in front of the defender and was bearing down on goal, the keeper closed him down and an effort that would normally go over the bar dropped in.  I enjoyed the first half boxing and the second half in general.

On 01/01/2022 at 13:48, gannonball said:

Was looking at going to this myself but think with the 500 rule I wasn’t so sure how easy it would be to get in?

I got a ticket due to someone dropping out, a big draw for the neutral this one.