Stenhousemuir -vs- Stirling Albion

Happy new year, sports fans! Stenhousemuir will kick off 2022 by taking on local also-rans Stirling Albion at Ochilview tomorrow. Both sides are sitting just outside the play-off places and win would be greatly welcomed - the Warriors arrested a poor run of form with a handy victory over Forfar Athletic last weekend, but the Binos have been stinking lately, losing their past seven league matches. There may have been a perceived improvement since Darren Young took charge but there's no way to spin it: they're in freefall just now.

The start of Stirling's awful run began back in November when the two sides met at Forthbank. Stenhousemuir were excellent in the first half, taking a three-goal lead into the interval before eventually winning the contest 3-1. Stenny were excellent in the first half, turning in one of their brightest performances of the season and their speed of thought, movement and hard work was just too much for their hosts.

By all accounts, Stenhousemuir's other best showing of the campaign was the first half against Forfar at the weekend (the less said about the second the better). If the team can reprise the same kind of energy they did in the opening 45 minutes, I think they can win this. Stirling might have shown gradual improvements in recent weeks but I would be disappointed if we didn't win here.

Same team as last week:

- Thomas Orr -

- Euan O'Reilly - Ross Forbes - Darren Christie -

- Nat Wedderburn - Mikey Miller -

- Ross Lyon - Sean Crighton - Jordan Tapping - Adam Corbett -

- David Wilson -

I have still have doubts about a couple of players in the team but I hope they put in a good shift tomorrow. I'll see you there!

Don`t know what to expect from the Binos at Ochilview, will it be more doom and gloom as we fall further behind or will we finally turn a corner and stop the rot ? . 

Lets hope DY has been able to work some magic on the squad in the break and its a different Binos side from the last time we met Stenny. 

Prediction Stenny 1 Binos 1 The road to the playoffs starts here for the Binos. 😀

A perfect (and prob better) substitute for me after Edinburgh-Albion R was called off. I have to be in Edinburgh tomorrow evening so this is the only other game possible.

Haven't seen either team this season. Stirling's struggles surprised me but Darren Young should get you moving in the right direction- a good, experienced coach now. As for Stenny, can't help but feel an important January coming up on and off the park- Steven Swift hasn't done great looking from the outside and new signings and results both needed. The attempted squad transplant from "Broomhill Sports Club" into a maroon jersey backfired badly.

Never seen this derby game before so looking forward to it.

40 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

A perfect (and prob better) substitute for me after Edinburgh-Albion R was called off. I have to be in Edinburgh tomorrow evening so this is the only other game possible.

Haven't seen either team this season. Stirling's struggles surprised me but Darren Young should get you moving in the right direction- a good, experienced coach now. As for Stenny, can't help but feel an important January coming up on and off the park- Steven Swift hasn't done great looking from the outside and new signings and results both needed. The attempted squad transplant from "Broomhill Sports Club" into a maroon jersey backfired badly.

Never seen this derby game before so looking forward to it.

Was looking at going to this myself but think with the 500 rule I wasn’t so sure how easy it would be to get in?

Was looking at going to this myself but think with the 500 rule I wasn’t so sure how easy it would be to get in?

Our support has managed to buy a good number of tickets via Fanbase. I was surprised that sales were open to Away fans in the first place so I suspect that there will not be much in the way of a Stenny support.

As for the match, who knows how things will go for us, the squad was pretty ravaged for the Elgin game and we’ve got a new manager of course.

I’m not sure if it was down to Darren Young (who only met the squad for the first time hours before I believe), James Creaney or the players themselves, but it was pleasing to see us play a more open and attacking game that night, plus we passed the ball through the zones rather than continually going long or hitting it into the channels, so I’m interested to see if that style will stay, as the style of play was my biggest problem with KR.

Looking forward to the match and hopefully we can end this losing run that we are on and turn the corner. I’ve no doubt that the squad is good enough but we only have to remember the last time the 2 teams met to see that we must be on our game if we have any hope of taking the 3 points.

Don't go in to any game with any confidence these days, given the run we're on. Reminds me of that time we went 14? games without a goal.

We've gone from being mean in defence and always likely to score to being likely to concede and struggling to score. It will turn some time, just got to hope it's soon.

If I were DY I would have taken squad to Morrison's for an all day breakfast, ie team building.  There's very little he can do in short time period.

Watched Forfar v Stennie.  Most  teams would be happy with 4 shots on goal in 45mins, never mind scoring 4. Having said that 3 were defensive howlers. Corbett seemed to impress  Stenhousemuir manager.

Other than best pies in the league. I will curb my enthusiasm and hope to avoid disappointment.

7 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Sure I read on here somewhere that the pies have been terrible this season so might be worth heading down to the butchers next to Asda instead.

The steak pies are excellent and some of the best I've ever tasted and, as it happens, come from the butcher next to the Asda in town. One of the rare positives about having the crowd capped at 500 is you're more likely to get one.

8 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

The steak pies are excellent and some of the best I've ever tasted and, as it happens, come from the butcher next to the Asda in town. One of the rare positives about having the crowd capped at 500 is you're more likely to get one.

No hot food left by half time. Not the first time that’s happened at Ochilview. Luckily got some excellent lentil soup 😋

:oops
We have cheered you up as that late Elgin goal must have been sore & that ironically cheered me up. Fitbaw for ye.

As for us. Another capitulation. All too familiar with this team. Thankfully we got 4 last week as it nearly happened at Forfar as well.

The league is so bad thankfully. We are still within 2 pts of 4th but only 3pts off 9th. Awful standard overall with us very much included in the awful.

Really strange situation. Swift has done OK yet you so often you come away from games questioning whether he is the right man for the job. Who is to blame for these capitulations? Second half you could see Stirling come more into things as we perpetually punted the ball to our lone striker. Why couldn’t the manager see it?