WWE PPV Thread

FifeArab

I dread to think what tickets will be like for that given it'll sell out in seconds.  I missed Clash at the Castle and felt a bit disappointed (until I actually watched it), but the O2 would just be so much more convenient.  

I wonder if WWE hired someone on January 1st who might have knowledge of where and when AEW are planning their UK event?

A Ridge Holland babyface singles run must be due around about then. Hopefully he is forced to sing karaoke with Tyson Fury after losing to Gunther in the main event.

16 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I wonder if WWE hired someone on January 1st who might have knowledge of where and when AEW are planning their UK event?

Pretty sure WWE have enough contacts in the live events business. and wrestling in general, to know when and where AEW are looking to run.

• 2 weeks later...

Thing about the Rumble is that the decision on the winner probably depends on a lot of stuff down the line, largely the WM decisions.  I don't think it's absolutely set in the way that other years have been, but in all likelihood you expect it'll be Rhodes.  It would seem very on brand for WWE to f**k it up though, and do something like having Rhodes win but last eliminating (a heel) Sami Zayn.  Or having Rock enter at 30 and win the Rumble, probably eliminating Zayn.  For me it's between Zayn and Rhodes.

Although just reading that for their big 30th anniversary RAW show next week, that "All generations of the Bloodline will be present".  Mad fuckers have gotten Rock, haven't they?

The women's rumble...aye, probably Rhea.  They've never really had the women's division feel as big as they managed around WM35.  Not bad by any means, still good moments, but there's no big story there as of yet.  Rhea vs Belair is probably your best bet.

Really hoping for Zayn to be honest and I'd trust Trips etc to be able to read the room far more than the auld creep. Not got anything against Rhodes winning it or him in general, it's just for me Zayn winning it heaps more on top of an already fantastic story arc. 

• 2 weeks later...

The betting patterns have shown something interesting.  Almost certainly driven by a dirtsheet report and people lumping money on, and almost certainly too early to mean anything about the actual booking, but...

Spoiler

Stone Cold is now favourite to win, with Rock's price tumbling.

Can you imagine a result that would have such an incredible pop while at the same time being so utterly nonsensical?

4 hours ago, forameus said:

The betting patterns have shown something interesting.  Almost certainly driven by a dirtsheet report and people lumping money on, and almost certainly too early to mean anything about the actual booking, but...

Hide contents

Stone Cold is now favourite to win, with Rock's price tumbling.

Can you imagine a result that would have such an incredible pop while at the same time being so utterly nonsensical?

I’d love it. 

I’d hate it a few days after, but I’d go mental at the time.

4 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

Excited for this tonight, a fair few ways it could go.

The rock turning up? Sami screwing the bloodline? Cody going all the way?

I’ve just got back into WWE because of my wee lad, it’s actually better than I expected. 
Anyway, I haven’t seen the last 2 weeks of Raw/Smackdown, so don’t fully know the stories, but I would think Sami wins the rumble to “protect” Reigns. Then by what used to be No Way Out he turns full face and goes for the titles 

It has to be Sami or Cody. Reckon they'll be in the final four.

The only issue I can see us who Cody faces at Mania should Sami be guaranteed a shot. Mind that the winner of the Chamber is guaranteed a shot too.

Could we perhaps see Reigns retain and then enter late on and order Sami to eliminate himself so he (Roman) can win? Maybe The Bloodline betray him and he wins at Elimination Chamber.

Or perhaps we could see Reigns order Sami out but then Cody wins somehow?

Maybe we get a triple threat for Mania night two? Personally I wouldn't be a fan, as I think the main event of night two should be Reigns vs Sami. Cody can get the title down the line and headline night one Perhaps.

5 minutes ago, city_gord said:

I’ve just got back into WWE because of my wee lad, it’s actually better than I expected. 
Anyway, I haven’t seen the last 2 weeks of Raw/Smackdown, so don’t fully know the stories, but I would think Sami wins the rumble to “protect” Reigns. Then by what used to be No Way Out he turns full face and goes for the titles 

Sami will definitely be turning full face soon, but it will be because he is betrayed by The Bloodline, specifically Roman.

Looking at the entrants, there are more potential winners, or rather realistic, winners in the men's Rumble tonight.

I think we all believe it's between Cody and Sami, but Lesnar, McIntyre, Rollins, Edge Lashley and Sheamus are, in kayfabe, credible winners, and that makes the Rumble better. Previous Rumbles were desperately short on credible winners and that made them less enjoyable.

Edited by DA Baracus

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Sami will definitely be turning full face soon, but it will be because he is betrayed by The Bloodline, specifically Roman.

I would rather it was because Sami had had enough of them and he turned (still face, but I’m sure you know what I mean) 

As I said, I’ve only just got back into WWE but I find this Sami story very good, I hope it gets the pay off it deserves. Also, completely unrelated but Seth Rollins is superb, get him in the title picture asap