WWE PPV Thread

FifeArab

All these really good decisions make it all the more galling that they reverted to type with Roman/Drew in Cardiff.  

Only slight bad news is that presumably you now don't get a traditional 5-on-5 match there with having two Wargames matches, but as replacements go it's a pretty good one.  Even the slightly watered down NXT2.0 match they last had was a great watch for the sheer chaos of it, so looking forward to seeing what the seasoned performers they'll have in this can do.  Given it's Bloodline, you have to imagine Sami and the Usos will rise to the occasion, and potentially Owens on the other side, all willing to do some mad shit to put on a show. And abandoning the brand warfare stuff is one of the best ideas they've had in a while.  In isolation it's not a bad thing, but when they were determined to have the first RAW in the run-up to the show be this massive tone shift where everyone in red are now pals and hate blue, and then suddenly go back to normal the show after, it was shit.  Build up a proper story and feud and have it pay off there.  No coincidence that one of the better modern Survivor Series matches was the authority one where Sting came back.

• 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Actually quite a decent looking card tonight. Hopefully it’s just normal-ish Bray back, cannot be arsed witn more Fiend nonsense. 

That's that white rabbit gimmick popped up twice so far now.
Not sure it's gonna be the original Bray or even The Fiend.

Fairly sure it's him but maybe in a totally new presentation.

I for one am joining in the hyperbole for that return. For me that's as well a presented and received return that I can think of. Whatever happens from here I have no idea, but I'll be watching that segment again and again. 

Edited by Jeff Venom

That pop man.  Already makes him feel like a million bucks.  Obviously it's early days, and they could easily f**k it up tonight on RAW, but I like how they've presented him so far.  The new mask just made it look like he's Fiend Part 2, but just the act of taking off the mask makes it feel like the character won't suffer from the same problems the Fiend had.  If they manage to pitch it halfway between Cult Leader Bray and Fiend, it could be brilliant.

As for the show itself, I want to award every Oscar in the world to Michael Cole for his hysterical performance during Balor/Edge.  Genuinely thought he was going to burst into tears at a few points.

• FifeArab changed the title to WWE PPV Thread
Vince era WWE often completely fell apart the longer the gap was between shows, wonder how Trips will manage it.  

I liked over the years having Vengeance and TLC in December, they PPV’s didn’t mean much but it always set the road to the Royal Rumble.

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/10/2022 at 16:34, FifeArab said:

Day 1 scheduled for New Year’s Day 2023 apparently cancelled and there will be no PPV’s between survivor series and the royal rumble.

Extended to gimmick PPVs such as TLC, Hell in the Cell and Extreme Rules also being scrapped.

Going forward, feuds that require these matches will be granted them rather than shoehorning a gimmick into a match because it's a certain month of the year. 

That is absolute common sense! Would be the biggest directional shift in format since HHH took over creative.

The only PPV that should be built around a gimmick match should be Royal Rumble. MITB should be brought back as an 8 man Mania showpiece for the men's match and Summerslam for the Women's (or vice versa). Make both matches feel a bit special on stacked cards and get more faces on big shows.