WWE PPV Thread

FifeArab

14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Female refs wearing full sleeve tops just in case the local, religious rapey scum men get too aroused by bare arms and go on raping spree.

The women can't show any skin but tight pvc outfits that show off everything anyway are totally fine......!

• 2 months later...

Couple of good matches on Backlash tonight, but 4 of the 6 are straight rematches and there’s only 1(!) title on the line. Depressing state of affairs for the belts. 

Barely got beyond "good" that one.  There's a lot of effort on show, people working hard, putting on good matches, but there's nothing particularly exciting in there, or anything that really matters.  They seem like they're intending to move towards pretty much doing stadium shows all the time - if that's true, then they are going to really need to start putting on shows that are actually worthy of it.

Is it also just me, or are they really, really averse to doing anything stipulation based unless they absolutely have to because of the name of the show?  Maybe it's just because it's coinciding with the product being a bit more boring than usual, but the likes of ladders/cages etc are very, very rare.  You'll get "anything goes" at a push, but even they're rare, and when you do get them - and like the I Quit match last night - they're just a bit reserved. 

• 4 weeks later...

That was a heroic performance from Cody last night, as daft as I thought him wrestling in the first place was. Really enjoyable show overall, the opener and the main event real stand outs.

Apparently if it's a full tear, there isn't really a way to make it worse, so I guess that kind of explains him still going out.  But still, surely you're then overcompensating and risking other muscles, and I'd imagine Rollins is having to keep on extra alert to make sure he doesn't just shite himself on a normal move.  I don't imagine they would have put him out there if both parties weren't absolutely sure they could do it, but fucking hell the pain he must've been in either during, or definitely after.  Late in the match I'm not sure he was selling, he looked genuinely like he was about to spew his ring.

Equal measures brave and dumb, but will have almost certainly gone down well with Vince McMahon. Guy will surely headline Mania next year after (probably) winning the Rumble.

On 08/06/2022 at 16:56, DA Baracus said:

Equal measures brave and dumb, but will have almost certainly gone down well with Vince McMahon. Guy will surely headline Mania next year after (probably) winning the Rumble.

That's exactly what I was thinking watching it...he'll sit out for around 6 months and be a surprise entrant in the rumble which he goes onto win

• 3 weeks later...

Is it not tonight rather than Sunday?

Men's case becomes a bit pointless when it's almost certain that Reigns is keeping his hands on the belts for the foreseeable.  Likely you either get someone pretty much wasting the case and failing to cash in, or they'll sit with it until post next WM when Reigns is maybe going to drop.

Should be a decent enough show though, MITB matches are always a good watch