WWE PPV Thread

FifeArab

Felt the mens rumble was so meh. Miss the days when you'd get legends returning. On the note that is why I enjoyed the womens rumble so much more. Cant beat nostalgia  

Brock winning it was predictable. I haven't been able to take him seriously since he grew long hair and the Terri Runnels accusations came out. 

WWE is treading water right now, and has been for some time 

I've not been following any wrestling for the past year or two but I decided to watch this rumble cause it's always been my favourite PPV. The whole thing was absolutely tragic, and the men's rumble match winner couldn't have been less exciting 😂 load of shite.

All the other matches except for the Men's Rumble were enjoyable in part or in full.

Becky Lynch vs Piper Niven did it's job (that stupid name needs jettisoned) - Becky was never losing but PN didn't look bad in defeat & they had Becky break out a special version of her finisher to win.

Women's Rumble got it about right in terms of who was left near the end after the returning women all got punted fairly quickly - does show up WWE's lack of depth on the women's roster after firing folk & not using any NXT talent at all though.
Rousey the expected winner after being heavily rumoured to be back & TBF to her she's probably returning a bit soon after having her baby - way quicker then Becky did so I'll give her a pass on looking a bit rusty. She has 2 months to get in prime condition for Mania as doubt she will wrestle much if at all between now & then.

Mixed tag was expected fairly silly stuff with Miz taking offense from Beth & much more surprisingly Edge taking a hurracanrana from Maryse [emoji23]
Double spear & double Glam-Slams for the finish - hopefully that's that fued done & not then having Edge and/or Miz in the Rumble when you look at the dross that was is criminal.

Not sure who Bobby goes against at Mania as obv Brock is going after Roman as was always planned.
Shame that Bobby didn't win the title clean but interference can be used down the road to set up another Bobby vs Brock match & I think most would like to see them go again at some point.

Seth vs Roman was a great match, bin the stupid laughing schtick Rollins has going, just let him go out be a dick heel & have great matches. It ain't difficult.
Technically from a storyline standpoint Roman still hasn't beat Seth in a title match so they could go triple-threat at Mania in a callback to Rollins' MITB cash-in or more likely put that fact to bed in Saudi as Lesnar apparently isn't gonna be there & Reigns will need to defend against someone in Jeddah.

Worst booked Men's Rumble in years.
After the first match of the night everyone & their dug knew Brock was coming in last to win it.
Whilst still managing to make folk like Big E, Sheamus, Owens & Styles look shit by being easily eliminated by lesser talent or Shane or Bad Bunny FFS

Could have had Edge, Miz, Finn & Cesaro (were they injured?), the Usos or upper card guys (anyone decent really) from NXT in the field instead of some of the guys & lesser ranked tag teams that were used as space fillers.

Not that bad a show just the Men's Rumble as a show closer really sucked in so many ways.
Shame as if as mentioned earlier they moved the schedule around & had Reigns/Heyman screwing Brock end the night with the Rumble winner going after Lashley instead that would've been much better.
Do it that way & no need for Lesnar to win the Rumble as Mania match would still book itself.

Just watched it. Some thoughts:

- Reigns vs Rollins was great until that ending. That just totally deflated everyone. Shame to ruin such a good match.

- Melina being referred to as a 'true WWE legend' was laughable, as were her attempts at undoing her robe. Glad she got punted sharp.

- Is someone else playing Kelly Kelly now? Her face looks totally different. Weird. She was in the ring for about a minute and utterly stunk it up, as she's still appalling at wrestling.

- Belair was awesome when she entered. 

-Why was Tamina stopping eliminations?!

- Ivory appears to have barely aged.

-The trope of a wrestler standing facing the entryway when an opponent's music plays, only for said opponent to sneak up behind them, can get to f**k.

- The term 'Legends' was doing some very heavy lifting in the Women's Rumble.

- The Bellas can just f**k so far off. Awful.

-They need to lower the ropes for the Women's Rumble.

-What a pop for Ronda! Right winner too. She's an utter star.

-Omos is utter pish. Can do f**k all in the ring. He wishes he was as good as Khali. Talking of shite big men, that Ridge Holland is bland and not very good. Reminds me of Mason Ryan. Bad Bunny was far better than both of them.

- This Rumble was like a New Gen Rumble in terms of total jobbers and lack of stars. Just a sea of dross with the odd decent guy.

-f**k Shane McMahon. Get this wee fanny right to f**k. Really hoping this doesn't mean that he's going to have a match at Mania. Can't stand this awful p***k.

- Was so obvious after his match earlier that Brock was winning this, so the Rumble didn't matter until he entered. He did the bare minimum in winning too. A really pointless Rumble with zero heat.

- Been so long since I watched a WWE show that I forgot they have those atrocious graphics for some wrestler entrances. They're just so shit. Who are they for? What are they for?!

-Why can't the crowd count along in time? They're always too quick!

Apparently Kofi legitimately botched his spot and he wasn't supposed to be eliminated when he was.

Edited by DA Baracus

• 3 weeks later...

Reigns/Goldberg was probably at least 90% as shit as I thought it would be.  For all they've tried to make Goldberg look strong, the finish absolutely didn't.  Be interested to see just how many actual moves Reigns did.  

Maybe it's just self-loathing, but anyone purely Scottish, particularly when it's NICKAY CRAAAAWSS or Doudrop just sounds so shit.

36 minutes ago, forameus said:

Reigns/Goldberg was probably at least 90% as shit as I thought it would be.  For all they've tried to make Goldberg look strong, the finish absolutely didn't.  Be interested to see just how many actual moves Reigns did.  

Maybe it's just self-loathing, but anyone purely Scottish, particularly when it's NICKAY CRAAAAWSS or Doudrop just sounds so shit.

They're both weegies though. That's the issue.

Also, Goldberg has been pish for years. Unfortunately he's one of the last bankable legends they have left, so for as long as he's healthy we'll see him stinking it up (although that won't be for much longer surely).

When Goldberg retires is punted, the list of legends, or actual over wrestlers, shrinks even more. They will surely have to start trying to get folk over, or else they'll be have to resort to bring back a 46 year old Dolph Ziggler and wanking over him being a legend and have him smash whatever pish makes up their roster at the time.

WWE have basically just said that Mania is a 2 match card.

Presumably Austin/Owens is night 1 and Reigns/Lesnar night 2.

No other match means a thing. 

Edited by DA Baracus

What a fucking odd main event.  I assume the Lashley thing wasn't a work and he got his bell rung, so I guess it's testament to them that they didn't let it completely fall apart like they have in the past.  But the problem with Lesnar is the same problem he's always had.  He's this new character, clearly having a fucking blast, but the way he's booked has barely changed.  Rollins cast aside.  Styles cast aside.  Neither of them really lose much, but Riddle is one of those people you'd really like to see Lesnar go with.  But nah, f**k 'im.  Out he goes too.  Saved a bit of face by having the final stretch with Theory, and fucking fair play to the guy for bumping like a mad man, but it doesn't really save the rest of the match.  Also, was it just me or were the times between entrants massively reduced?  Matches seemed to be an absolute sprint, and had to be the shortest PPV they've done in a long time.

As for WM, hard to disagree with the above.  I assume they think their big matches are Reigns/Lesnar, Owens/Austin (if it's happening) and then Rousey/Flair and maybe Lynch/Belair.  But the last two are going to really need to go some to feel big.  They've totally botched Rousey coming back bafflingly that it feels like the match should be on 3rd or something while it's still light out.  You can only really hope at this point that they put together some interesting stipulation matches or one of their mental cluster-f**k ladder matches. But given recent form, it'll probably be a punishing 14 matches across two nights with no extra spice.  

How will WWE progress after the 'legends' beat all the current guys then retire? They need to build new stars, but refuse, despite having quite a lot of wrestlers who could very much be massive stars if pushed as such, rather than guys who are held below the level of Reigns, Lesnar and other legends. Guys like Big E, Lashley, Drew, Rollins, Nakamura, Styles could all be massive stars but are seemingly held down. Drew for example was given a huge push and was a top guy, but now he's an idiot with a sword who feuds with shite like Madcap Moss. Big E has been a crowd favourite for years and fucking drips charisma, but they used him to hotshot a rating one night then had his reign be mediocre and cut short. And so on.

Glad I never watched it tonight.