WWE PPV Thread

FifeArab

9 hours ago, forameus said:

This camera work has been fucking woeful.  Buzzer goes off, then they wait a good few seconds while the crowd all go "oooooh, it's them!", before they finally decide to show everyone at home who it actually is.

Still nothing on them missing AJ Styles' debut by focusing on Roman's reaction

Glad I dropped out early. It's hard not to be predictable, but wrestling is at its best when you have some level of surprise in there. If you're eliminating probably your next best bet for a winner in Big E and Owens, you know who is going to be 30 by about 26. Even then, the final sequence just felt like getting through it rather than the big event it usually is. They couldn't even be arsed to have McIntyre and Lesnar go a few minutes. 

I don't doubt Lesnar/Reigns will be good, and so will Rousey/whoever. But its hard to get very excited about two overly bloated WM nights at this stage.

The woman have absolutely no business having their own Rumble. There’s a handful of great wrestlers and a load of absolute festering shite.

I was enjoying the Lashley vs Lesnar match. It’s probably still my favourite match of the night. But the finish makes so sense at all. The ref gets knocked out, Roman interferes, then a new ref - who has presumably watched the Reigns interference unfold - runs out and counts the pin. What? That’s just lazy.

Add to that the fact that Lashley winning pretty much guaranteed that Lesnar was winning the Rumble at that point.

The men’s Rumble was boring. The surprise entrants were pish. Why in the f**k am I still watching Shane McMahon wrestling in 2022? Bad Bunny, why?

All in all, the show was absolutely shite.

That whole show was mediocre. Rousey is a crap babyface, so I have no interest in her vs Lynch or Flair and the whole Reigns/Lesnar/Heyman drama has long since run it's course.

That was the worst men's Rumble match since that year Big Show and Kane slowly dumped everyone over the rope. What's the point in spending weeks building up tension between Rey and Dominik, just for them not to even be in the ring at the same point?

Any hope for Big E has gone as well. He was thrown out like he was a complete nobody.

I fell asleep during the Becky vs Doudrop match and that was probably for the best as the event tailed off rather badly after a great start. General thoughts are

Roman vs Rollins was really good, the ending was a bit meh but it a least sets up a rematch. Rollins in particular was excellent so hopefully it’s the start of something and we can forget about shite like "The Monday Night Messiah"

The Woman's Royal Rumble was ok but filled with far too much filler, I’m not a huge fan of Rousey but anyone but Charlotte (or the Bella's) was fine with me.

Becky vs Doudrop again was ok but nothing special

Unless everyone in the ring is legal, mixed tag team matches always feel a bit forced and this one felt no different. It just ended up as filler to waste some time.

Brock vs Lashley and Brock winning the Royal Rumble could have been a good story but the execution was piss poor. After the way Lashley won the title, you could have put your house on Brock wining the Rumble, it was that predictable. After the initial pop of hearing "Here comes the pain" the crowd noise noticeably dropped. At that point you have the mega powers, of Bad Bunny, Shane McMahon and Riddle who were never going to win and Orton and McIntyre who were at best maybes. They could have easily have had the same ending for Raw Title match and given the rub to someone else for the Rumble, after all Lashley is going to have to face someone at Wrestlemania, might as well be the Royal Rumble winner. In fact, thinking about it, if they had just switched the order of the men’s Royal Rumble and the Raw Title match, with a different Rumble winner, it would have been so much better. The show would have closed with Heyman fawning over Roman with a pissed off Brock in the ring. As it stood 29 men looked like jobbers at the expense of the Wrestemania Main Event.

Couple of side notes, the Woman's Rumble was 8 minutes longer than the men’s, which indicates some kind of timing issue, much like Kofi who noticeably fucked up his usual high-flying spot for a very short Rumble appearance.

1 hour ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

The woman have absolutely no business having their own Rumble. There’s a handful of great wrestlers and a load of absolute festering shite.

They do. WWE just keep releasing capable wrestlers meaning they need to bring back the ones from a decade ago that can barely wrestle.

Edited by TheGoon

Tuned in to a WWE PPV for what feels like the first time since last years mania. Jeeso that mens rumble was the drizzling shits with a finish so glaringly telegraphed from earlier in the evening.

You get to 26/27(?) before a proper surprise entrants come in with Bad Bunny and Shane O’Mac but then they are both booked like superstars wtf?

The filler guys were horrendous as well wtf is the point in the likes of Ridge Holland (I have literally never heard of or seen this guy before), Boogs(?) and Corbin’s pal.

The woman’s rumble was ok but I still can’t invest in it with so few of them able to make getting eliminated look good. Good to see Rousey back but like a couple of people have said she looked bloated or something, maybe it was that outfit her attire from her old run is much better hopefully they go back to that. I get Charlotte is there to give the person winning it a good pop but the reasoning they tried to put across for her entering is stupid, surely better to say she’s entering because she wants to take on Becky to have both belts instead of the pish they hit out with.

I was contemplating taking a network subscription back out and staying up for this glad I didn’t bother with either. Nothing to make me want to tune into mania either.

Glad I dropped out early. It's hard not to be predictable, but wrestling is at its best when you have some level of surprise in there. If you're eliminating probably your next best bet for a winner in Big E and Owens, you know who is going to be 30 by about 26. Even then, the final sequence just felt like getting through it rather than the big event it usually is. They couldn't even be arsed to have McIntyre and Lesnar go a few minutes. 
I don't doubt Lesnar/Reigns will be good, and so will Rousey/whoever. But its hard to get very excited about two overly bloated WM nights at this stage.

I can easily rationalise the show and make it sound good from describing what happened but watching it in the moment is miserable. Half of it is childish nonsense and the other half is genuinely talented, charismatic and often popular characters being treated like morons or given short shrift if the constant camera cuts even catches them being dumped out.

Rousey returned last night to a genuine pop and instantly revealed she’s forgotten how to wrestle. Knoxville pops in for a minute and is gone as soon as he got to take some silly bumps. Kofi either botched his Rumble moment or Vince wants to emphasise how little Kofimania meant to him. That’s before you get to loads of other issues. I think the one thing I was pleasantly surprised by again is how good and up for it Bad Bunny was.