WWE PPV Thread

FifeArab

Big E really is someone that can do absolutely everything, and how many of those do they have?  Their traditional faces of the company are all strong, but I don't think they can do every facet as well as he can.  Reigns is good in the ring, clearly a good heel, can be an OK face, but not convinced he's got the comedic chops that E has.  Cena is similar to Reigns, but something just seems...off about him.  Not as naturally funny and something otherworldly about him.  Lesnar can be underrated as a comedic character, but still not there.  E can be genuinely funny, whilst still being able to get serious when needed.  A deadly serious monster heel role wouldn't be beyond him, and there's so many stories you could still tell with him.

Only downside he appears to have, much like a lot of the roster, they're not Reigns or Lesnar.

The way they're still keeping Roman in the conversation suggests one of two things.  Reigns either costs Brock the title and they have their match at WM, or we go for either a unification or "for-all-the-gold" match.  Ultimately doesn't matter though, because the way WWE builds WM, the main event is always going to be a bit shit as everyone's fucking knackered.

Pretty sure Mania is over 2 nights again this year?

So they should be fine to have Reigns vs Lesnar headline night 2

Would likely require Lesnar to drop the WWE title to Lashley at the Rumble & don't see any way they book Bobby to beat Brock clean - either Reigns and/or Heyman to cost him the match.

11 hours ago, forameus said:

The way they're still keeping Roman in the conversation suggests one of two things.  Reigns either costs Brock the title and they have their match at WM, or we go for either a unification or "for-all-the-gold" match.  Ultimately doesn't matter though, because the way WWE builds WM, the main event is always going to be a bit shit as everyone's fucking knackered.

I was thinking the Brock/Roman/Lashley unification could possibly be seen as a route of moving back to one set of belts due to how stretched the rosters are. Admittedly that means another pair of titles need unified and there doesn't seem to be any move towards that. Even though on the tag team side of things Raw has about 6 teams and Smackdown 3 or 4? No need for 2 sets of belts for a dozen total pairings.

If it wasn't for the US/Intercont. titles it'd be easy enough to merge brands again, especially if they went AEW and threw in a womens midcard title to pad it out.

This is a great wee build. The thing I'm enjoying most in wrestling right now. The rest of WWE is absolutely dire (Except for Bron Breaker on the otherwise abysmal NXT 2.0) and AEW has been a bit hit or miss the past few weeks IMO.

Whoever is in control of this storyline and feeding ideas to Vince McMahon should be allowed a bit more free reign on some other storylines.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, FifeArab said:

Me and The Missus heading to Asda tomorrow night after work for some shopping, will be picking up plenty of munch for this. 2 mania worthy title matches on the card.

Can't wait for it myself.

10 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Think I’m going Ronda for the women’s, but the men’s is as open as its ever been. Have a worry rhey’ll have Lesnar win it after losing to Lashley.

It's either Brock or Roman for the men's rumble for sure.

Going with Ronda for the women's. 

Ronda wins the womens rumble

As for the mens - two ideas 

seth wins the belt off Roman with help from Lesnar- Kevin owens wins the rumble then goes all Gollum saying I want Seth’s belt setting up Seth v owens at Mania 

or Roman loses the belt , goes into the rumble at number 30, wins it and picks to meet Brock at mania as Brock keeps his title