What are your plans for New Year

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

My plans for Hogmanay are the same as every year for the last thirty-five or so years. At home, with the BBC on. Beers, wine, crisps, nibbles, a bottle of fizzy shite ‘for the bells’. Me & Mrs Poz making an effort by not wearing trackie bottoms and T Shirts, but throwing on a shirt we usually wear on holiday. Wee sausage rolls, vol-au-vents and assorted un-necessary party food wheeled out just after the bells. While waiting for the bells, wonder if it’s been New Year yet in places like Beijing or Istanbul, and wonder if they have fireworks. Sip beers, watch telly, stick the oven on for the nibbles, talk about ‘what was your highlight of the year then?’. Rush around like lunatics at five minutes to midnight, making sure our glasses are charged with fizzy shite. Despite the BBC Hogmanay show being on the telly right in front of us, we get the Sky planner screen on, so we can see the wee clock change to midnight. Give each other a peck on the cheek, a hug and a kiss, drink the fizzy shite, eat sausage rolls, and promise that ‘after these nibbles are eaten, that’s it, the diet starts tomorrow / next week / next month / never. Switch the BBC Hogmanay over to Jools’ Hootenany. Go to bed at about 2am, hope no kunt nearby is having a noisy party.

Get up the following morning and crack on with life.

This is beautiful x

2 minutes ago, microdave said:

I've got Jonathan Watson coming round for the evening. Apparently he's got nothing else on this year.

Spoiler

Warning: this post contains sarcasm.

His Frank McAvennie impressions are brilliant.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Not again?

Stop making a fuss.  Just pay the ransom and that will be that.  Wasn't that demanding last time was it.  Portion of chips, some brown sauce and an Irn Bru.

Personally if I was holding the world to ransom, I might ask for a bit more but he is not me.  That is all I can say.

I've just picked up some recs, 8 pint cans of T and a succulent Chinese meal to see me through the bells. 

Hope each and every one of you enjoy your evening and all that life throws at us from here on out (however difficult). We are all in it together and we are the greatest online community on this Earth. 

Love and Peace. ✌️

6 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Eric can be a handful when he has had a bit to drink.  Don't get him talking about politics.  I remember George (Harrison) telling me all sorts of stories about Eric.

As for Zippy, that is him off my Christmas List.  I invited him to my bash and he can't even be bothered to reply.

Then there is Sting.  3 in the morning singing "Roxanne, you don't have to put out the red light".  Rather you than me.  That is all I am saying.

HPpy Mee Year!!!

Squre go ya can’t!!!!!