Queens v Hamilton

I still can t believe,4 days ago Hamilton couldn't get any players together,COVID/injuries then a miracle happens,18 players ok for Sunday , praise the lord.

Edited by WHM

1 minute ago, WHM said:

I still can t believe,3 days ago Hamilton couldn't get any players together,COVID/injuries then a miracle happens,18 players ok for Saturday , praise the lord.

I think they were all isolating awaiting PCR results which they now have, rather than actually had Covid.

I don't think you can blame the referee, he gave it as he saw, a penalty. However once the decision has been made he's not going to change his mind. Yes you can protest and as a captain you have the right to question a bit more for an explanation. WG had two goes questioning the referee before the penalty was taken, in fact he also attempted to delay the penalty by walking up the taker and then taking his time to leave the box. At this stage the incident should have been over, decision made, protect made and won't change the decision.

After the penalty he had another go at questioning the referee by running to him, mostly now out of frustration due to a goal being conceded. A booking was justified by his reactions, whether you agree with the penalty decision or not. Again not happy and he, WG sounded off again and seemed to get a straight red.

WG let his team mates and fans down today. At 1 nil down although not playing well Queens were still in the match, just. With 10 men they were completely out of the match and was a question of how many

16 minutes ago, queenslad said:

I don't think you can blame the referee, he gave it as he saw, a penalty. However once the decision has been made he's not going to change his mind. Yes you can protest and as a captain you have the right to question a bit more for an explanation. WG had two goes questioning the referee before the penalty was taken, in fact he also attempted to delay the penalty by walking up the taker and then taking his time to leave the box. At this stage the incident should have been over, decision made, protect made and won't change the decision.

After the penalty he had another go at questioning the referee by running to him, mostly now out of frustration due to a goal being conceded. A booking was justified by his reactions, whether you agree with the penalty decision or not. Again not happy and he, WG sounded off again and seemed to get a straight red.

WG let his team mates and fans down today. At 1 nil down although not playing well Queens were still in the match, just. With 10 men they were completely out of the match and was a question of how many

The thing I dont understand about Gibsons red card is that he didnt appear to say anything between getting booked and getting sent off. He also didnt get shown a second yellow. So, either Cook changes his mind or Gibson gets a straight red for whatever he said after being booked, which didnt look like much

3 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

The thing I dont understand about Gibsons red card is that he didnt appear to say anything between getting booked and getting sent off. He also didnt get shown a second yellow. So, either Cook changes his mind or Gibson gets a straight red for whatever he said after being booked, which didnt look like much

He got a straight red for what he said whilst walking away. As AJ says in his post match interview Wullie was having a go at Ronan Hughes, but Barry Cook thought it was aimed at him.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

He got a straight red for what he said whilst walking away. As AJ says in his post match interview Wullie was having a go at Ronan Hughes, but Barry Cook thought it was aimed at him.
I haven't listened to the interviews yet.

In that case, it's an even more ridiculous decision. He can't have said more than a couple of words.

27 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Appeal the Red? 

1 hour ago, Homer Thompson said:

I haven't listened to the interviews yet.

In that case, it's an even more ridiculous decision. He can't have said more than a couple of words.

Two more words than he should have said.
I’m unconvinced by this argument that Gibson directed his vitriol at an Accies player rather than the ref. He would surely have tried to make that point were that to be true. Presumably as a minimum Gibson guilty of foul and abusive language. 

Totally let the club down today. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

30 minutes ago, baba douche said:

Not according to the stats on the previous page...

We were certainly more in it up to half-time and still showed some attacking threat, without actually causing there keeper too many problems tbf. The second half was like a training game for Accies apart from a couple of brief forays up field for Queens. 

On the " penalty" save and subsequent goal, it would be interesting to see if the scorer was encroaching when the penalty kick was taken given the speed of his reaction to the kick being saved and how close to goal he was when he scored. 

Josh Rae, Queens' MOM for me, probably kept the score almost respectable in his first game back. 

We were certainly more in it up to half-time and still showed some attacking threat, without actually causing there keeper too many problems tbf. The second half was like a training game for Accies apart from a couple of brief forays up field for Queens. 
On the " penalty" save and subsequent goal, it would be interesting to see if the scorer was encroaching when the penalty kick was taken given the speed of his reaction to the kick being saved and how close to goal he was when he scored. 
Josh Rae, Queens' MOM for me, probably kept the score almost respectable in his first game back. 

I only saw one replay of the penalty and Moyo looked like he was on the line as the ball was struck so I think it was a fair goal. He had the sense to start running outside the box as the player was running so was up to speed when the ball was struck unlike our players who had their fingers up their arses.

3 minutes ago, queenslad said:

Does it matter who he used foul and abusive language too - player or referee?

Aye, I suppose strictly enforcing the law it's a sending off whoever you direct it at, but there would be loads of sending offs if refs applied it every time a player swore at another. After being booked, Gibson should have zipped it and focused on getting the team to react and try and get us back on level terms. 

6 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Aye, I suppose strictly enforcing the law it's a sending off whoever you direct it at, but there would be loads of sending offs if refs applied it every time a player swore at another. After being booked, Gibson should have zipped it and focused on getting the team to react and try and get us back on level terms. 

It all depends what he said which no one knows apart from the referee and the few players around him , obviously enough to be sent off 

Time to change the rules on penalties during games anyway, it should be the same as a penalty shootout at the end of games, keeper saves it or the ball rebounds from a post, that's it finished, no second chances or scoring from rebounds or other players getting a chance to score. This has nothing to do with how we lost the goal yesterday, I've thought this rule needed changed for a while, honest. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I only saw one replay of the penalty and Moyo looked like he was on the line as the ball was struck so I think it was a fair goal. He had the sense to start running outside the box as the player was running so was up to speed when the ball was struck unlike our players who had their fingers up their arses.

From the picture on the OS, Nditi looks like the only one of our players outside the box who moved. The rest are just standing there. McGrory has his hands on his hips. I don’t know why they didn’t just stand behind the goal for a better view.