Queens v Hamilton

5 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Competent display by Accies and let’s be honest that’s all it took to comfortably win this game. Terrible decision for the penalty which given our record after going behind was a huge blow that was compounded by Gibson’s utter stupidity. 

Funny that managers always moan about it being more difficult to play against 10 men. Never seems to apply to us.

6 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Competent display by Accies and let’s be honest that’s all it took to comfortably win this game. Terrible decision for the penalty which given our record after going behind was a huge blow that was compounded by Gibson’s utter stupidity. 

Wullie Gibson has let himself and more important Queens down with his crazy sending off cost us the game had no chance with 10 men 

25 minutes ago, Riviera711 said:

Well, you're the best team in Dumfries at the moment, I'll give you that 😂

Judging by that performance Queens have got their work cut out to overtake Lochar Thistle in the best team in Dumfries stakes.

Well we seem to only keep our better performances against Queens.

Very fortunate start to the game, think everyone has to admit the penalty was very soft, and Queens all but killing their chances with their captain having a massive heads gone moment.

Thought everyone played well and not that he had much to do, but O'Reilly looked solid, played it out well and cleared his lines. Obviously saw very little of brown, but looked pacey which is always nice to have.

That Hughes pass for the second goal was the best thing he's done in an Accies shirt, and that 3rd goal was very slick, would love it if we could see more of that.

Just a mention to the QoSTV coverage, think its the best in the league and the commentary is always fair.

I decided to go along to today’s game to clear away the Christmas/Hogmanay cobwebs and took up my usual spot on the Portland Road terrace.

Now my eyesight isn’t the greatest these days but what foul exactly did the Queens player commit to result in a penalty kick? Whatever it was it must have been pretty blatant as the referee, I use the term loosely, pointed at the spot straight away without even giving himself a second or two’s thinking time.

Queens players yet again caught napping this time at the penalty kick where not one player showed any savvy to follow up kicker and anticipate a rebound!

it also looked like Gibson was shown a straight red after walking away from this booking. As club captain he should be thoroughly ashamed of his behaviour today 😤 

I stood at my usual 

3 hours ago, Flash said:

Are Cameron and Johnston away back to their clubs?

No, unavailable.

2 hours ago, Riviera711 said:

Already a strong contender for softest penalty award of 2022.

I didn't see it at the time but having seen footage now it's an utter nonsense of an award and Barry Cook will presumably be pretty embarrassed when he sees it again. When even the Accies fans are wondering how they got a penalty for it you can be fairly sure he's got it wrong. In the circumstances Gibson's frustration is understandable but he's got to realise where the line is. In fairness I think the red card came about from a misunderstanding and he was sent off for a remark aimed at the Hamilton player that the referee thought was aimed at him. Got to just say nothing though. At 1-0 down 11 v 11 we're still in it. At 1-0 down with 70 minutes to play and a man short it's needing a fair miracle. To be honest, but for Josh Rae it could have been a lot more. I don't think we ultimately managed a shot of note in the game.

Very disappointing lack of reaction from our players on the penalty rebound too.

A fixture for us against Hamilton is just about as unwelcome as one against Inverness. Results against both over the years have been woeful. When I saw Cooper deployed at RB I feared the worst and I think there were other re-shuffles that would have made a lot more sense to adjust for the missing players. Terrible decision by the Ref for the pen but we allowed a simple throw in from our RB position to give Hughes a free run into our box. I counted 2/3 other cases in second half from the same area where simple throw ins took out 2/3 of our by-standing defenders. 

Absolute madness from Gibson - you simply cannot go down to 10 men after 20 mins and expect any other outcome than the one we got. No matter the injustice getting involved to the extent he did was just crazy from Gibson. 

It’s a mystery to me how Hamilton have struggled so badly - while 1-0 against 10 men for 70 mins is a huge advantage - the ruthless manner in which they put us to the sword was impressive. Could and should have been at least 5 but maybe more.

34 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

In fairness I think the red card came about from a misunderstanding and he was sent off for a remark aimed at the Hamilton player that the referee thought was aimed at him. 

Think we can safely assume he called him a cheat or something to that effect. 

On that subject, are the authorities still minded to hand out bans for dives or has that only ever happened in the premiership? Barry Cook’s positioning for the penalty couldn’t have been much better either. How he’s got conned by that beggars belief. 

16 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

A fixture for us against Hamilton is just about as unwelcome as one against Inverness. Results against both over the years have been woeful.

Yeah this. I don't think they are magic by any means but going on the three games v us Accies shouldn't be in the bottom half. I'd still say along with Arbroath, their first visit was probably the best anyone's been at Palmerston this season. The away game should probably have been a draw but they found a way to win it. And for all they got a huge advantage with a horrendous dive being rewarded and 70 mins v 10 men, they also very comfortably saw it out with no concerns and should certainly have won by more. None of the "playing v 10 men is hard" nonsense, they made it look what it is, an extra body.  We had a couple of players on the pitch who had Covid a week ago which may not have helped their energy levels too of course. That would be more exposed by the man short position.

Edited by Skyline Drifter