Queens v Hamilton

Hamilton are undeniably on top here and had Moyo had his wits about him after Debayo's slack bass pass we'd have been a lot worse off.

Barry Cook has wrecked the game as a spectacle as we've lost interest in trying to attack constructively and a lot of players now seem to be frightened to stick a foot in to tackle.

Gibson's red mist moment will cost us more than the penalty did to be honest as we've no shape now.

Ally Roy had a big chance today to claim a regular jersey but is blowing it big time - far too greedy.

Ruben and McGrory have been the best of a pretty bad bunch.

I wanted to see him play as he's our highest scorer but I don't think he'll be any kind of saviour. In his defence, I've seen nothing from him to suggest he's a lone striker. Sadly that's what he'll be used as in this shitshow of a set-up on the rare occasion he gets a start.

The line-up was the epitome of square pegs in round holes.

He was shite before he signed for us, be shite after. Even Ruben showing more

Agree with the commentator - Accies No.6 (Hamilton?) has had a decent game.
Yeah his best game in a while. Still needs to offer a bit more of an attacking threat if he continues to play out of position, but he's offered plenty of support and progression today.

Would agree with all of this.

Hamilton are undeniably on top here and had Moyo had his wits about him after Debayo's slack bass pass we'd have been a lot worse off.
Barry Cook has wrecked the game as a spectacle as we've lost interest in trying to attack constructively and a lot of players now seem to be frightened to stick a foot in to tackle.
Gibson's red mist moment will cost us more than the penalty did to be honest as we've no shape now.
Ally Roy had a big chance today to claim a regular jersey but is blowing it big time - far too greedy.
Ruben and McGrory have been the best of a pretty bad bunch.

Awful referee, never a penalty, great save by Rae but we were way too slow for the rebound. Clearly the referee had Gibson in his sights but as club captain, and someone who has been in the game for years, he should know better than to keep at the referee. Even a competent referee is not going to change his mind, so you have no chance with today's clown. But sad to say even with a full team on the pitch we looked second best. 

30 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Our chances of coming back with 11 vs 11 were minimal. I'd say we have no chance with 10.

That is the 33rd time we’ve conceded the first goal in a league game under Johnston. His record is P32 W1 D1 L30.
The last time we came back after conceding first at Palmerston was on 10 Aug 2019 when we got a 1-1 draw with Dunfermline.

Thought it fairly even up until penalty, neither team had got going. 
Was wondering if it was a second yellow but ref just went for the red, can’t be sure with that guy. 
Have to see the pen again but I wondered if scorer encroached slightly? Just to add to my list of things to be aggrieved about…..

2 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

Awful referee, never a penalty, great save by Rae but we were way too slow for the rebound. Clearly the referee had Gibson in his sights but as club captain, and someone who has been in the game for years, he should know better than to keep at the referee. Even a competent referee is not going to change his mind, so you have no chance with today's clown. But sad to say even with a full team on the pitch we looked second best. 

The more I watch it, its not a penalty - Nditi doesn't break his stride so can't see how he fouls the Accies player.  Rank poor from the ref.

As club captain, most refs are going to allow Gibson to say his piece - but he's got to watch the language.  As club captain and at his age/experience Gibson absolutely has to realise that.  Poor from him.

3 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

I thought it was pretty even the first 20 minutes to be honest. 

Agree with the comments about Roy. He’s made some good runs, but has failed to anticipate any of Ruben’s flick ons and has given the ball away every time he’s got it. If Fitzpatrick is fit, I’d be tempted to put him on. We’ve hung on a little bit since going down to 10.

That ‘offside’ goal looks probably on to me as well, so least we’ve got something out the shite officials. 

Absolutely disgraceful penalty decision. The standard of Scottish referees is dismal, but the ref is only a few yards away from that blatant dive with clear view. That compounded with the stupid sending off completely ruined the game. Accies have been impressive and should be 2 or 3 up by now. Hard to believe they’re only a few points above us in the table, as they’ve looked a level above us in all three games so far. They press well and look stronger, fitter and better than us in almost all departments, albeit without any great quality up front.

Has Ally Roy found a man in a blue shirt with a pass in that first half? Dismal, but he’s not the only one playing poorly. I liked Debayo when I first saw him, but he seems to have regressed, looks too casual at times and gets caught in possession in dangerous areas far too often. Nditi (along with Connelly) is one of the few players that is reliably good. I’d have said the same about Gibson up until today - getting himself sent off effectively ended our chances - although I can understand his frustration at the  decision. Can’t see us getting anything out of this now, and the options from the bench look very limited. Let’s hope we can get a few players in in the transfer window as the squad is looking threadbare.