Wasps vs Bairns - New Year Royal Rumble

Fair enough if you have the option of going to the game, I can see the logic there, but under these current circumstances we don't have that luxury. So surely the price should have been dropped to accommodate the restrictions currently in place. Instead people will just refuse to pay that. 10 streams at £15 is still more than 8 streams at £18, and sometimes it's by these margins people decide to buy or not. so by dropping the price more would certainly be encouraged to take it up and would probably make you more money. 

Anyone who pays £18 for this stream is an absolute moron lol.

Why? Because I want to watch my team play on a match day and I’m willing to pay for the experience?
Jeez there are people who travel hundreds of miles to watch their team.
Clearly, you’re just a part time supporter….(and a moron [emoji16])…

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

I totally understand it from a financial perspective. Numbers don't lie. 

I wonder why almost every other chairman isn't capitalising on another £3 quid per stream though...

I can't really say it's linked to finances really - It's not really a shrewd cash grab when more fans will opt to not watch rather than pay. What is likely true is there isn't a downside other than angry fans. The system is scalable so unlike Pixellot the costs aren't x amount for a season and we have to recoup that - if more watch there'll be more costs but also more profits.

I think it's more linked to the argument for "blocked hours" and keeping the status quo of fans in stadiums. No club is going to survive because it offers a stream - it's purely an additional income stream. 

https://www.goal.com/en/news/why-is-there-a-saturday-football-blackout-in-the-uk-for-live/1bs2qnkj73shx1uryui898tax6

In February 2011, Advocate General Kokott of the European Court of Justice launched an investigation into the "closed periods" and concluded that they did not affect match attendance at lower league games.

"It is, in fact, doubtful whether closed periods are capable of encouraging attendance at matches and participation in matches," she said in a statement .

"Both activities have a completely different quality to the following of a live transmission on television. It has not been adequately shown to the Court that the closed periods actually encourage attendance at and participation in matches.

I'm very in this camp - but also imagine we go completely the other way and streaming is 100% vital to a club's existence. What happens when hesgoal gives away your product for free? We live in interesting times.

Edited by LeodhasXD

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I’ve no doubt I’ll end up paying as no other way of watching the game. However I know supporters of other clubs were also complaining about the high price.
Why are you more expensive than anyone else in the division?…

Barry love 

46 minutes ago, BFTD said:

He's a massive out-and-proud Tory, folks. It's not hard to understand. Literally all he cares about is the money.

I'd guess Alloa will lose around a third of potential stream purchases due to the cost on Sunday but I suppose the rest of the time it's maximising the income with minimal purchases.

I wonder if we could go up till 3pm match day not talking about the game on the match thread 😂

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I hear they're putting on Joshua v Fury at half time.

No that will be Boab having a square go with one of our players (again ) still worth the extra 3 quid  IMO .

As for the game looking forward to a pie and bovril and thats about it  

Having an Alloa season ticket this season is like shaving when all you have is a pickaxe .

Edited by Vegetableman

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

He's a massive out-and-proud Tory, folks. It's not hard to understand. Literally all he cares about is the money.

Had some dealings with MM a good few years ago. Very good businessman who is fair and keeps his word.

Just wish we had someone like him in charge.
I think he got you £500000 from the SG when you were in the Championship.

A great advert for Toryism if that’s the case.

3 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Chairman wanted it not to compete with being there in person - so the logic is if it's the same price as entry you'd rather be at the game.

I know in reality there's plenty of people who are priced out, that would never have been at the game anyway.

Just to compare, when I mentioned this to Queen's Park they said Leanne Dempster had the same view but they managed to talk down their price to £15. It is what it is.

Edit: Also nothing to stop you having your mates round and splitting the cost. Which makes a mockery of all the COVID restrictions.

Delusional or what ??

The average price of streaming a championship match is probably about £13.

18 quid you're having a laugh 😂

4 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Chairman wanted it not to compete with being there in person - so the logic is if it's the same price as entry you'd rather be at the game.

I think (even for football fans), the New Year family demands have changed. For me, currently £15 is what I am willing to pay, as I know that with everything else going on in the home, it’s unlikely I would get 3pm til 4;50pm uninterrupted to watch the game. I would be flitting in and out of watching it.

I think we all have our lines in the sand pricewise, and £18 for me is £3 beyond acceptable. Totally get that others will shell out regardless, but it’s overly simplistic to see it as “go to the game or stream it”. It’s often “can’t go to the game, so how much to stream it?” Then for some, the £18 mark is “nah, I’ll leave it”.

8 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think we all have our lines in the sand pricewise, and £18 for me is £3 beyond acceptable. Totally get that others will shell out regardless, but it’s overly simplistic to see it as “go to the game or stream it”. It’s often “can’t go to the game, so how much to stream it?” Then for some, the £18 mark is “nah, I’ll leave it”.

I think that's a good argument for itself in pricing - keeping customers on at least one of your products is better than having them do something else entirely.

Edited by LeodhasXD

25 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Delusional or what ??

The average price of streaming a championship match is probably about £13.

18 quid you're having a laugh 😂

Arbroath v Caley £13

Partick Thistle v Morton £12

QoS v Hamilton £10

Raith v Dunfermline £14

Alloa v Falkirk £18 :lol: