Wasps vs Bairns - New Year Royal Rumble

I suppose I'll start a match thread before the game this week.

Relatively empty stadium, miserable January conditions, two teams in horrible form... The season to be jolly is over.

I much preferred the last time the two of us were in a relegation battle.

Match details - https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/event/alloa-athletic-v-falkirk-2/

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

I suppose I'll start a match thread before the game this week.

Relatively empty stadium, miserable January conditions, two teams in horrible form... The season to be jolly is over.

I much preferred the last time the two of us were in a relegation battle.

Match details - https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/event/alloa-athletic-v-falkirk-2/

£18 for a shite stream? Absolutely no thanks. 

The sad thing is if I don't have 200 people watching on Sunday. I'll be surprised.

I’ve no doubt I’ll end up paying as no other way of watching the game. However I know supporters of other clubs were also complaining about the high price.
Why are you more expensive than anyone else in the division?…

24 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’ve no doubt I’ll end up paying as no other way of watching the game. However I know supporters of other clubs were also complaining about the high price.

Why would you pay that?

Just don't watch it. Spend a tenner on a reasonable bottle of wine and put a good movie on the telly. Check how many we lost by at 1650 and forget it. It's not as if FFC get a cut of it.

30 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Chairman wanted it not to compete with being there in person - so the logic is if it's the same price as entry you'd rather be at the game.

I know in reality there's plenty of people who are priced out, that would never have been at the game anyway.

Just to compare, when I mentioned this to Queen's Park they said Leanne Dempster had the same view but they managed to talk down their price to £15. It is what it is.

Edit: Also nothing to stop you having your mates round and splitting the cost. Which makes a mockery of all the COVID restrictions.

Edited by LeodhasXD

53 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Chairman wanted it not to compete with being there in person - so the logic is if it's the same price as entry you'd rather be at the game.

I know in reality there's plenty of people who are priced out, that would never have been at the game anyway.

Just to compare, when I mentioned this to Queen's Park they said Leanne Dempster had the same view but they managed to talk down their price to £15. It is what it is.

Edit: Also nothing to stop you having your mates round and splitting the cost. Which makes a mockery of all the COVID restrictions.

Your chairman is a greedy bam is the correct answer. Watching in person is a superior experience to watching on a screen. Most other teams have acknowledged it, typically costs are reduced as less stewarding is required. Its pure greed. 

3 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Your chairman is a greedy bam is the correct answer. Watching in person is a superior experience to watching on a screen. Most other teams have acknowledged it, typically costs are reduced as less stewarding is required. Its pure greed. 

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

Something we've known for a good few seasons now 😁

28 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Mike M and the board have clearly looked at the overall situation relative to attending in person numbers and pricing plus numbers of fans paying for streams and decided to make the cost of both types of "consumption" £18. Yes it's to maximise revenue, but that's not greed, it's just good business (if they are right of course).

As LeodhasXD says above, Mike doesn't want the stream option to compete with fans attending games. Apparently Leanne Dempster is of a similar view (again per LeodhasXD). Now, I'm not privy to the details of their thinking, but, having a finance in business career, I can well imagine where they are coming from. 

I can well understand fans who can't make our games, and clearly that will be many more than normal on Sundayl, being p*ssed at the price. If I was in their shoes I'd undoubtedly feel the same way. That doesn't make the price wrong from the club's perspective.

3 minutes ago, printer said:

Mike M and the board have clearly looked at the overall situation relative to attending in person numbers and pricing plus numbers of fans paying for streams and decided to make the cost of both types of "consumption" £18. Yes it's to maximise revenue, but that's not greed, it's just good business (if they are right of course).

As LeodhasXD says above, Mike doesn't want the stream option to compete with fans attending games. Apparently Leanne Dempster is of a similar view (again per LeodhasXD). Now, I'm not privy to the details of their thinking, but, having a finance in business career, I can well imagine where they are coming from. 

I can well understand fans who can't make our games, and clearly that will be many more than normal on Sundayl, being p*ssed at the price. If I was in their shoes I'd undoubtedly feel the same way. That doesn't make the price wrong from the club's perspective.

I totally understand it from a financial perspective. Numbers don't lie. 

I wonder why almost every other chairman isn't capitalising on another £3 quid per stream though...

In terms of the actual game, we'll who knows what we'll get. Clearly both sides are particularly sh*te at the moment, but IMO both squads are better than their form would suggest. 

Of course, I can back up that view better for Alloa, having seen the Bairns only twice live. Having watched those two games and heard Falkirk fans' views, they seem to be primarily short of two good centres (one forward and one back). 

At least Falkirk now have some hope with a new coaching team, good appointments IMO, but of course that remains to be seen. I never like to stage off our manager, especially when he's still in the job, but as many have pointed out, BF really doesn't seem to be any good and I don't believe the club will punt him in the short term. 

2 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I totally understand it from a financial perspective. Numbers don't lie. 

I wonder why almost every other chairman isn't capitalising on another £3 quid per stream though...

A fair question and I don't know the answer. All I would say is that Mike has shown himself to be very shrewd with the way he has managed Alloa Athletic as a business since he took control.

He's a very smart operator and also very ruthless when he has to be. He doesn't do anything just to placate the fans - if it doesn't appear to him to be the decision for the club, then he won't do it. Sometimes I've disagreed strongly with his decisions, but there you go.

6 minutes ago, printer said:

A fair question and I don't know the answer. All I would say is that Mike has shown himself to be very shrewd with the way he has managed Alloa Athletic as a business since he took control.

He's a very smart operator and also very ruthless when he has to be. He doesn't do anything just to placate the fans - if it doesn't appear to him to be the decision for the club, then he won't do it. Sometimes I've disagreed strongly with his decisions, but there you go.

I don’t suppose he will lose any sleep but he is not getting £18 from me.

As for not wanting to make the streaming option more attractive than going to the game has the greedy arsehole not noticed that only 500 can attend this match?

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

At least on the streams, nobody gets stuck behind a wheelchair unable to move or see  :whistle

To be fair I used to enjoy a visit to the Recs before you sold your terracing to KFC.

The view of the pitch now is on a par with most non league grounds.