Thistle vs Morton - Tuesday 22nd February

10 hours ago, virginton said:

Lol wut

The entirely realistic target is 4th and promotion under Sir Douglas. Reeling in Inverness and Raith like two prize marlins.

greggy.png.f5fc42fb214fc88c1833fad45fb31781.png

Yeah if we do continue our form under Imrie so far it would give us 51 points, a points total that would get you top four more often than not and something Raith & ICT both look like struggling to hit at the moment. It's therefore not unrealistic to say we could do it and as we have done under Imrie we'll compete in every game so if that's where it takes us then brilliant, but it's not something I'm expecting whereas it's now entirely reasonable to expect survival from here.

The state of the pitch is such that the remainder of our home fixtures are likely to be turgid battles settled by no more than a goal either way.

I'm more concerned about the massive downgrade from Rudden to Jakubiak and its effect on our ability to break down an organised defence. In the first half of the season simply chucking the ball in the box against Morton/Ayr/Hamilton/Queens was essentially a guarantee of goals, but with only one credible striker remaining and most of those teams getting their houses in order under new management, I'd only fancy us to be scoring more than one against Inverness and Raith, who look like the more open teams in the division just now.

Since we're playing those two plus Arbroath over the next week or so, we could either consolidate top 4 or the arse could fall out of our season within a fortnight. We should therefore keep Scott Tiffoney in bubble wrap at all times outside of matchdays and put Jakubiak on a gruelling, Drago-esque PED training schedule to get him as close to Rudden as possible.

I'm a season ticket holder with Morton and I've paid to watch every single away game this season either by attending or buying the stream to help support clubs at our level, even when a lot of that was paying to watch a Gus Macpherson Morton team. 

Last night was the first time this season I've not gave money to our opposition and it was purely based on the state of the pitch, having equally not wanted to spend £10 to watch 22 men mud wrestle and also the principal of not rewarding the Partick board with my money when  they allow the pitch to get in that state. 

Planned to watch champions league instead but ended up being sent a dodgy pixelot stream and even for free I still felt that i had paid over the odds. 

3 minutes ago, port-ton said:

I'm a season ticket holder with Morton and I've paid to watch every single away game this season either by attending or buying the stream to help support clubs at our level, even when a lot of that was paying to watch a Gus Macpherson Morton team. 

Last night was the first time this season I've not gave money to our opposition and it was purely based on the state of the pitch, having equally not wanted to spend £10 to watch 22 men mud wrestle and also the principal of not rewarding the Partick board with my money when  they allow the pitch to get in that state. 

Planned to watch champions league instead but ended up being sent a dodgy pixelot stream and even for free I still felt that i had paid over the odds. 

The 3 points must have helped surely. Aye our pitch is a menace. Mainly to Thistle

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Given Partick have decent footballing midfielders in Docherty, Bannigan, Crawford, Tiffoney and Smith and have one of the best, if not the best midfields in the division they would be as well just requesting to play the rest of their games away from home...

Great idea. How about in the Faroe Islands.......?

9 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

It would certainly be better than Greenock.

Not as good a pitch as ours though.

I see you're apparently in Aberdeen. You seen much of Maryhill recently? When I'm there I wipe my feet before getting back in the car.

😜

1 minute ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Not as good a pitch as ours though.

I see you're apparently in Aberdeen. You seen much of Maryhill recently? When I'm there I wipe my feet before getting back in the car.

😜

Yes. I have been at Firhill recently. Wipe your feet? I suppose you have to with not affording shoes.

23 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Yes. I have been at Firhill recently. Wipe your feet? I suppose you have to with not affording shoes.

Your atter is so Tragic just like the Firhill tattie field.

25 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Frothing mess at the hands of The Famous. You really love to see it.

34 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

😳 Jeez, patter from the Lex McLean era.......      Give it up, pal, that's pathetic in the extreme.

14 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Morton fans getting riled up after a WIN? Dear oh dear!

19 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

My atter? Is that Greenockian slang?

Give you that one lol but you really are making a tit of yourself mate 

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Morton fans getting riled up after a WIN? Dear oh dear!

😆 You need to learn the difference between getting "riled up"  and pointing & laughing at somebody's crap posts. You're in a hole, chum, and it ain't Maryhill this time. Stop digging.  

Edited by Rudolph Hucker