Thistle vs Morton - Tuesday 22nd February

Just now, Pat Boon said:

Not at all. You only appear to criticise McCall when things don't go our way. I was at the game and could see our failings but you only see one thing. MCCall!! For what it's worth, Greenock deserved nothing from that game. Oh and Bannigan should be taking any penalties from now on.

Our failings on the park are McCall's failings. Not a particularly great squad, depth is poor, doesn’t really know how to change a match when we are behind and ridiculously reliant on Tiffoney.  Man is not good enough. Flatters to deceive.

13 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

It wasn’t just the disgrace of a pitch hurting us tonight, but yet again our complete lack of squad depth was obvious. Tiffoney’s absence meant we had no width or pace, and when Graham (+ Jakubiak) tired as the game went on and had to be replaced, we were left shelling long balls up to 5’4” Connor Murray and the truly hopeless Ross McIver.

The pitch is an easy scapegoat for our current failings (and it is truly appalling), but there are more problems with this team than the quagmire our idiot CEO has created at Firhill.

Can't blame the pitch, it was the same for both teams. And if you are blaming the CEO he is only signing what McCall asks for and what Fuhrer Low approves.

6 minutes ago, Pat Boon said:

Not at all. You only appear to criticise McCall when things don't go our way. I was at the game and could see our failings but you only see one thing. MCCall!! For what it's worth, Greenock deserved nothing from that game. Oh and Bannigan should be taking any penalties from now on.

If Greenock deserved nothing then Possil deserve a ten points deduction for the nick of their park and their nick of a team. 

IMG_1576962560.451370.jpg.10ebb265f92f5a0547901406540577bb.jpg

8 minutes ago, Pat Boon said:

Ah! Asked if you were hurting after your other wee petulant post, turns out you're just not very clever...shame.

Funny that the Thistle fans I spoke to at the weekend assured me they WOULD be top of the league WHEN they won all the games in hand. Pitch certainly not doing the team any favours. Given they seem desperate to gain extra income then surely a quality plastic pitch , similar to what we have at Killie, would be a good investment? 

12 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Our failings on the park are McCall's failings. Not a particularly great squad, depth is poor, doesn’t really know how to change a match when we are behind and ridiculously reliant on Tiffoney.  Man is not good enough. Flatters to deceive.

Yes they are McCalls failings. The squad is too lightweight. I wouldn't say we are too reliant on Tiff as his end product isn't that great. You are entitled to your views regarding the manager but you only come on here to shout yer shite when we lose. Get a grip and get behind the team. McCall isn't going anywhere soon.

Well two poor performances on the bounce. 

Only difference being that under Imrie instead of two blanks we get 3 bonus points.

So the weather must improve and we won't have to go to Firhill again, was a expecting a hippo to come up from that swamp instead we come up Rose's.

Let's get back to the lawns of Cappielow and the flowing football Dogie has in mind.

Well done all the boys for getting through that plus Jack H glance Dundee didn't want him he can become a God on the Clyde.

11 minutes ago, killiemilan said:

Funny that the Thistle fans I spoke to at the weekend assured me they WOULD be top of the league WHEN they won all the games in hand. Pitch certainly not doing the team any favours. Given they seem desperate to gain extra income then surely a quality plastic pitch , similar to what we have at Killie, would be a good investment? 

They must have been drunk or deluded because no thistle fan i know would even contimplate being top of the league.

As nice as it would be to blow teams away as we did to Dunfermline every week, the standard of performance dropping over the last three games (although tonight was in no small part due to a pitch in a considerably worse state than ours last season) and still taking six points from those games is massive. I don't expect to keep averaging over two points per game for the remainder of the season as we have so far under Imrie, but the 13 or so points which would guarantee survival is an entirely realistic target now.

40 minutes ago, Pat Boon said:

Not at all. You only appear to criticise McCall when things don't go our way. I was at the game and could see our failings but you only see one thing. MCCall!! For what it's worth, Greenock MORTON  deserved everything from that game. Oh and Bannigan should be taking a holiday.

FTFY

7 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I don't expect to keep averaging over two points per game for the remainder of the season as we have so far under Imrie, but the 13 or so points which would guarantee survival is an entirely realistic target now.

Lol wut

The entirely realistic target is 4th and promotion under Sir Douglas. Reeling in Inverness and Raith like two prize marlins.

greggy.png.f5fc42fb214fc88c1833fad45fb31781.png

Edited by vikingTON

9 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

As nice as it would be to blow teams away as we did to Dunfermline every week, the standard of performance dropping over the last three games (although tonight was in no small part due to a pitch in a considerably worse state than ours last season) and still taking six points from those games is massive. I don't expect to keep averaging over two points per game for the remainder of the season as we have so far under Imrie, but the 13 or so points which would guarantee survival is an entirely realistic target now.

F**k survival.

Patrick 7 seven points ahead with games in hand.

Cliche I know..but its true..rather have points on the board than games in hand (especially with their World War 1 battlefield pitch.

Poor performance on an awful pitch which most of us knew would catch up with us. As did our lack of threat without Tiff. BG is not a competent penalty taker.

Play offs are still a realistic target though we need another option up top. We offered zero when Graham went off. Was it no poss to keep Rudden till May?

34 minutes ago, Pat Boon said:

Yes they are McCalls failings. The squad is too lightweight. I wouldn't say we are too reliant on Tiff as his end product isn't that great. You are entitled to your views regarding the manager but you only come on here to shout yer shite when we lose. Get a grip and get behind the team. McCall isn't going anywhere soon.

Y'know.....I think its distinctly possible that dialogue moderation is failing and that Highlandmag Tier 3 and Pat Boon may declare war on each other.

1 hour ago, Pat Boon said:

What's with the Greenock patter? 

You come across as a fucking bellend with your shite patter. Now dry your salty tears away and take your shite teams defeat like a man.