Thistle vs Morton - Tuesday 22nd February

Forecast for 10 mm of rain. While not a washout your pitch looked like a ploughed field v Dundee Unt.

So as I am out the country should I bother to set the alarm to get up and watch the game stream?

PS we where poor on Saturday a bit of an Imrie dip  so need to get back on the horse as the trap door is still a jar. 

Also think we missed Oliver, did I realy say that, but in his new link up role he has been effective and a new man.

Hopefully this season puts paid to us ever groundsharing with anyone ever again. The financial benefits have surely been outweighed by the injurious effects (probably literally) of fixture congestion. 

I can see us ending up outwith the playoff spots because of this.

I can see this being a thrilling 1-0 to someone.

42 minutes ago, velo army said:

Hopefully this season puts paid to us ever groundsharing with anyone ever again. The financial benefits have surely been outweighed by the injurious effects (probably literally) of fixture congestion. 

I can see us ending up outwith the playoff spots because of this.

I can see this being a thrilling 1-0 to someone.

To be honest, I'm not sure how much groundsharing has had to do with the fixture congestion. I think we've had 6 games postponed, three of which were away ties, and out of the three at home- one was postponed due to covid. I think (though I may have forgotten one) only two have been lost to the pitch. Even then, the lost games were due to waterlogging after very heavy rain, which with our drainage issue and a very wet couple of months, might well have happened had we not groundshared.

Obviously sharing has ruined our pitch in other ways, and made it hard to play on. I just don't think the run of postponements can really be blamed on it too much- we've just been somewhat unlucky.

Morton team trains for Tuesday's encounter with a far better-looking football team and a manager who has conquered his vices. (Checks script.) Home win please.

4a8a746dfb395eff4a918697621fc540a96804139104b232ed8fb6a9b7cb73f0.jpg

4 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

Slightly annoying to be playing 'Decent Morton' rather than the previous 'Bad Morton', although perhaps their manager being in the stand again will mean that the new manager bounce has ended.  Imrie seems to have done a very good job so far.

Andy Millen in the dugout is the same clown who oversaw such hits as our 1-6 shoeing by Inverness, so there's every chance you'll be seeing bad Morton here. 

Throw in our stinking record at Firhill and generally against McCall and this has the looks of a cuffing to me. 

15 minutes ago, virginton said:

Andy Millen in the dugout is the same clown who oversaw such hits as our 1-6 shoeing by Inverness, so there's every chance you'll be seeing bad Morton here. 

Throw in our stinking record at Firhill and generally against McCall and this has the looks of a cuffing to me. 

Presumably Imrie is still allowed to take training and set tactics and I am pretty sure you could devise some kind of clever system to communicate from stand to bench.

I haven’t been to a game for sometime and have only seen highlights. We seem to have been playing pretty well, but defensively have been a bit disappointing. I expect it to be quite a close game.

12 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

To be honest, I'm not sure how much groundsharing has had to do with the fixture congestion. I think we've had 6 games postponed, three of which were away ties, and out of the three at home- one was postponed due to covid. 

Could be getting mixed up but I think the covid postponement was against us and, if so, the game was all set to be called off because of the weather/nick of the pitch anyway

3 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Could be getting mixed up but I think the covid postponement was against us and, if so, the game was all set to be called off because of the weather/nick of the pitch anyway

While true, my main point stands that the match would have been called off even if we weren’t groundsharing. Our present fixture backlog is mostly not a result of sharing with QP

1 hour ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

While true, my main point stands that the match would have been called off even if we weren’t groundsharing. Our present fixture backlog is mostly not a result of sharing with QP

The backlog is only part of the issue with the pitch, which has undoubtedly been caused by sharing with QP.