January 2022 Transfer Thread

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/02/2022 at 19:27, SLClyde said:

Conrad Balatoni has joined Berwick Rangers on loan, also signing a pre contract with them. 

That pre-contract has been torn up. Not signing for Berwick now. 

1 hour ago, Redcar said:

That pre-contract has been torn up. Not signing for Berwick now. 

I know Berwick signed Steven Anderson but is that the only reason why the Balatoni deals cancelled? Or did you realise from his loan spell that he's completely finished? Suppose it could be both :lol: 

Edited by CM.

2 hours ago, CM. said:

I know Berwick signed Steven Anderson but is that the only reason why the Balatoni deals cancelled? Or did you realise from his loan spell that he's completely finished? Suppose it could be both :lol: 

Don't know. Balatoni tweeted that he was excited to sign for Berwick, but after talking with the Manager (Stu Malcolm) it was decided "not to take this option forward".

Sounds like Malcolm wasn't over impressed with him during the loan spell, or that he got a chance to sign Anderson and thought he was a better option. 

Can't be sure though - perhaps there is another reason.

I wasn't impressed in the few matches he played. He was OK, but didn't show anything  particularly promising. Certainly no better than what we already had.