Dumbarton v Airdrie 2nd Jan

21 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

If the referee issues a yellow card to the opposition player for the incident, the player who was injured as a result of it does not have to leave the field after receiving treatment. This change to the rules has been in place for at least a few seasons now, I think.

That's something I genuinely didn't know. 

I'll probably notice it all the time now 😂

2 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Did Ramsbottom actually punch the ball of the back of gal's head?

I don't think so, I think he goes to punch it and it sclafs off his knuckles and in.

Can actually hear the Dumbarton players in the video saying "Sam's, SAMS...........f*ck me man" the last wee bit is said with such lack of surprise as well.

Now I didn’t think it should have been a foul on rsnsbottom for one minute aven from 100 yards away but gall is backing into him and the shout from airdrie was he was standing still which he wasn’t. Guess that’s the only reason ref could give it.

re Allan I thought he did foul Boyle and at the game I did shout that he should be given 2 yellows . One for the foul and one for kicking the ball away. Again this was in desperation rather than belief it was going to happen he he 

13 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I don't think so, I think he goes to punch it and it sclafs off his knuckles and in.

Can actually hear the Dumbarton players in the video saying "Sam's, SAMS...........f*ck me man" the last wee bit is said with such lack of surprise as well.

I know keepers tend to get the benefit of the doubt but that was one of the worst decisions from a referee in that scenario that I’ve seen. Gallagher does nothing to impede him whatsoever. 

4 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I didn't think it was a foul watching it live. I really didn't think it was a foul watching it back on the stream. And that makes it even more unbelievable that Steven Kirkland thought it was.

Bizarre decision.

Perhaps not quite as bizarre as retaining a keeper who was a proven bomb scare last season, and having a back-up who looks to have played about 14 minutes of first-team football in the last eight seasons.

16 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

Now I didn’t think it should have been a foul on rsnsbottom for one minute aven from 100 yards away but gall is backing into him and the shout from airdrie was he was standing still which he wasn’t. Guess that’s the only reason ref could give it.

re Allan I thought he did foul Boyle and at the game I did shout that he should be given 2 yellows . One for the foul and one for kicking the ball away. Again this was in desperation rather than belief it was going to happen he he 

Watch the Allan incident again mate. Allan was the only one attacking the ball, Paddy Boyle was waiting on it.

13 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

Yip what you say is correct but that makes it look like he has jumped into Boyle hence the foul. 
I’m  not sure but can see why it was given. 
in the end my opinion doesn’t count and I think the booking is for time wasting 

Don't disagree that he booked him for time wasting. 

Terrible refereeing decision to rule out the goal from the corner, and it didn't look like Jordan Allan fouled the dumbarton player to me; defender seemed far, far too weak, against a guy about half his height as well.

That doesn't really matter, though, as Dumbarton looked woefully inept and barely laid a glove on us despite Airdrie having a bit of an off day. Sons look in serious bother. The game wasn't a classic, that's for sure. It was not helped by a truly atrocious pitch, but quality told in the end. 

3 wins in a week, back to back clean sheets; fantastic from the squad and staff. 

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Was the pitch that bad? Been a few comments on it being apparently horrendous but it looks a fairly standard lower league pitch to me. Not all clubs can afford new carpet. 

Compared to previous season it looked pretty bad to me. Was cutting up pretty badly.

2 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

Compared to previous season it looked pretty bad to me. Was cutting up pretty badly.

Fair enough but it's a grass pitch in the middle of a Scottish winter, and being played on by two different teams. I'd expect it to cut up. It looks in far better condition than it was last season for me. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Fair enough but it's a grass pitch in the middle of a Scottish winter, and being played on by two different teams. I'd expect it to cut up. It looks in far better condition than it was last season for me. 

I suppose it's hard to gauge given that most of the league is astro but Peterhead's grass pitch is always immaculate.

3 hours ago, AndyDD said:

Terrible refereeing decision to rule out the goal from the corner, and it didn't look like Jordan Allan fouled the dumbarton player to me; defender seemed far, far too weak, against a guy about half his height as well.

That doesn't really matter, though, as Dumbarton looked woefully inept and barely laid a glove on us despite Airdrie having a bit of an off day. Sons look in serious bother. The game wasn't a classic, that's for sure. It was not helped by a truly atrocious pitch, but quality told in the end. 

3 wins in a week, back to back clean sheets; fantastic from the squad and staff. 

I can't argue with much of that.

Just watched the Peterhead Cove highlights and the Peterhead goalie makes a hash of a high ball with a Cove player backing in and loses what is the deciding goal. Goes to show in my opinion that these situations are a bit of a lottery when it comes to getting the decision. This time it favoured Cove who probably deserved the win, but this league will be won or lost on decisions like these.