Dumbarton v Airdrie 2nd Jan

11 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

Took in this game as a neutral as our game against Q Pee was off.  I usually enjoy games as a neutral, but today was an exception.  This was dire and woeful stuff, from both sides, and from the officials.  The referee had me wondering if he was still under the influence from New Year.  

Anyway, I expected more of Airdrie given their recent results, but can't help but feel that they stole the points today. I do like Dylan Easton as a player (except against us) but felt that he was caught in possession a few times.  Max Currie badly needs to learn when to come off his line.  As a neutral, it was difficult without knowing which team was near the top and which was near the bottom.  The result suits me as we too will be putting in a serious bid.  But all in all, 90 minutes of my life that I won't get back. 

Don't talk absolute nonsense.  Yes wasn't a great game but definitely deserved the 3 points. Not sure what game you watched 

19 minutes ago, Afc88 said:

Don't talk absolute nonsense.  Yes wasn't a great game but definitely deserved the 3 points. Not sure what game you watched 

I thought you might have just edged it. We never looked like scoring but you guys were hardly battering our goal. Wish we could start picking up some points through out poor displays... 😕

Always appreciate an unbiased point of view too.

7 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

I thought you might have just edged it. We never looked like scoring but you guys were hardly battering our goal. Wish we could start picking up some points through out poor displays... 😕

Always appreciate an unbiased point of view too.

To say we stole the points though is a stupid comment. 2 goals chopped of that should have stood. Free kick that hit the post, decent save from another free kick. One just by the post in the 1st min. Decent save from easton in second half. Plus scored one and clean sheet. Didn't play great but certainly didn't steal the points. 3points was the correct outcome.

39 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

Took in this game as a neutral as our game against Q Pee was off.  I usually enjoy games as a neutral, but today was an exception.  This was dire and woeful stuff, from both sides, and from the officials.  The referee had me wondering if he was still under the influence from New Year.  

Anyway, I expected more of Airdrie given their recent results, but can't help but feel that they stole the points today. I do like Dylan Easton as a player (except against us) but felt that he was caught in possession a few times.  Max Currie badly needs to learn when to come off his line.  As a neutral, it was difficult without knowing which team was near the top and which was near the bottom.  The result suits me as we too will be putting in a serious bid.  But all in all, 90 minutes of my life that I won't get back. 

Aye unfortunately most teams don’t roll over and have their bellies tickled to gift us an easy 3 points quite like Clyde do but alas. 

It wasn’t a vintage game, and I don’t think anyone would argue that, but thought Airdrie were worth the 3 points. Almost everybody on here and who watched the game says Easton’s first-half goal should have counted and Allan was unlucky to have his chalked off also. Could/should have been 3-0 without even playing particularly well. Hardly sounds like stealing 3 points. Max Currie was Dumbarton’s most creative player and he could have admittedly won them at least a point. But other than his moments of madness I don’t remember them creating any chances. 

Was our third game in a week, for a hybrid side suffering with Covid and injuries, over the festive period, on a stuffy pitch against a stuffy side. Happy to grind out a 1-0 win with the only bit of quality in the game in those circumstances. 

To say we stole the points though is a stupid comment. 2 goals chopped of that should have stood. Free kick that hit the post, decent save from another free kick. One just by the post in the 1st min. Decent save from easton in second half. Plus scored one and clean sheet. Didn't play great but certainly didn't steal the points. 3points was the correct outcome.

To say that Allan’s was a goal chopped off is like saying Ross McLeans was a goal chopped off when he put the ball in the net

2 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

To say that Allan’s was a goal chopped off is like saying Ross McLeans was a goal chopped off when he put the ball in the net

Fair enough but still definitely didn't steal the points . Didn't play well but still deserved the victory 

3 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

And one got booked and the other didn't.  Ref was poor all round 

1 hour ago, squeezebox-son said:

A bit confused as Andy Geggan played RB today and most fans at this level would know who he is.

He didn't have a bad match but got sent off in the last match and I'm not sure if he played RB in that game. He has produced a mixed bag by all accounts. Getting on in his career a bit and not quite the player he was in his first stint with us.

Cheers for letting me know. Hope you’re not too confused that I didn’t know who Andy Geggan is 😂 Enjoy the defeat, and inevitable relegation. 

26 minutes ago, Afc88 said:

2 goals??

6 minutes ago, Afc88 said:

And one got booked and the other didn't.  Ref was poor all round 

Because he was booked either for the foul the combination of the foul and kicking the ball away after the clear whistle?

Just now, Diamond1924 said:

Cheers for letting me know. Hope you’re not too confused that I didn’t know who Andy Geggan is 😂 Enjoy the defeat, and inevitable relegation. 

He's not a bad player to have in a squad with his experience and dig (if paired with the correct player in CM imo). Plus he is pretty versatile in that he can cover at RB/RM as well if need be.

Can't do anything about the final comment unfortunately 🙄

4 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

2 goals??

Because he was booked either for the foul the combination of the foul and kicking the ball away after the clear whistle?

2 goals or 1 still deserved the 3 points. Looked like he got booked for kicking the ball away. Just the same as McLean done but never got booked. No big deal 3points clean sheet without playing well move onto the next game now 

2 goals or 1 still deserved the 3 points. Looked like he got booked for kicking the ball away. Just the same as McLean done but never got booked. No big deal 3points clean sheet without playing well move onto the next game now 

Given that Boyle didn’t have to go off after treatment that would suggest that Allan was booked for the foul on Boyle

11 hours ago, Afc88 said:

You are aware that kicking the ball away is not an offence in the LOTG?

16 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

I didnt think it was a pen at the end. Would like to see it again but looked OK to be, clattered the man but after he took the ball cleanly. That being said, we got away with a huge one in 1st half when our keeper flapped and got away with murder.

I thoight the two goalkeeping incidents yesterday perfectly highlighted the ridiculousness of our application of the rules in regards to keepers. Ramsbottom flapped at the first one and there's nowhere near enough contact on him for a foul, not in a million years, but you can't fart near a keeper or it's a foul. One at the end the keeper clatters through the striker whilst swinging both arms at his head to try and knock the ball away but nothing given. I'll never understand why keepers are protected to the level they are.

I'll also never understand gaffers who go through 4 months of a season and still don't have any idea how to line up. You can argue we've got players missing but yesterday we looked like a bunch of lads told to go out and do their best but no actual gameplan or rigid formation, just loose bodies on a pitch chasing the ball. Faz has the rest of January to sort the squad out for me or he'll be the next manager out the door. And I say that as someone who can't quite understand where the team that stuck 8 past Clyde and East Fife have disappeared to. A real baffling turn of events and it alarms me that our management team can't pull the team out this hole. 

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

Given that Boyle didn’t have to go off after treatment that would suggest that Allan was booked for the foul on Boyle

And Boyle should have went off after treatment to then get waved on.... happened to us at least twice in the second half Gal and Watson no 16...

Yet another inconsistency by the ref

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

And Boyle should have went off after treatment to then get waved on.... happened to us at least twice in the second half Gal and Watson no 16...

If the referee issues a yellow card to the opposition player for the incident, the player who was injured as a result of it does not have to leave the field after receiving treatment. This change to the rules has been in place for at least a few seasons now, I think.

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

To be fair... He was walking off and the ref told him he didn't have to. That would suggest (as above and he my estimates) he was booked for the foul he committed on Boyle.