Dumbarton v Airdrie 2nd Jan

1 minute ago, Uniform11 said:

Thinking this exactly. At least give Quitongo 25 mins to show he's better than whats there already.

I've been massively supportive of Quitongo and all the crap he's had to deal with but he's stealing a wage at this juncture unless Murray is outright refusing to play him.

Irrespective of the boardroom and covid chaos, the manager is not good enough and his players are not good enough. This team would be at the lower end of L2. There is no way we shouldn't be able to do better than that.

Edited by FifeSons

I'd like to see a replay of the penalty claim at the end, my heart was in my mouth watching that at the end. If it was a penalty it just adds to the bizarre decisions of the 'foul' at the end on boyle and the disallowed goal so probably evened itself out.

I'll take the 3 points on a difficult pitch with  players out and not firing on all cylinders

Glad to get the win and it was just about deserved in that we scored, or maybe the goalie got what he merited. We did make some good chances but that last second as scramble by Max could have undone it. Thought the Ref was very generous to Boyle in that Allan incident. A weak Dumbarton but three points has done nicely. We clearly need a LB and the pitch did not help our style: Mcinroy was more defensive as well, despite his obvious class. Can now relax .

We were probably denied a penalty at the end there but the incorrectly disallowed goal and Paddy Boyle crumbling like a heap of shite and buying a foul when Airdrie were clear through on goal evened things out. 

It’s very hard to give passmarks to anyone in our team today, you could argue that Orsi done well with what he had to work with but Farrell bizzarely hooked him and left the completely ineffective Stokes on the park. Paton was particularly bad today, diving into tackles and getting nowhere near the ball, struggling to control the ball and failing to complete simple 5 yard passes. It’s quite ironic that Farrell brought some of these old heads in because they are winners or whatever the quote was and in actual fact they are absolutely stinking the place out. Ramsbottom was once again a total bombscare and I thought he could’ve done better at the goal, albeit I’ll probably have to see that one back to confirm. 

Wow, we were pish. Airdrie shouldve been 1 up at half time, didn't look like a foul on the keeper from where I was. Keeper needs to do better with the goal too, although Easton was lining up the shot for ages and noone got close! 

We created nothing, we were 2nd to every ball and that was a tough watch. I know we had one cleared off the line at the end but I genuinely think we couldve played until next year and not scored.

I didn’t think we deserved to

lose today as airdrie were pretty poor too but as soon as they scored that was it as we are toothless up front. 
mid give pass marks just yo Muir pignatello and Wilson -only pass marks not an a grade. 
don’t get how Farrell can survive this. 
continually allowed width and space on airdrie left and that’s where goal came from 

don’t get sons fans who prefer this to what Duffy served up last year . No better 

Scrappy and we never got into the rhythm we do when we're at our best. But really important that we ground that out and we did. Nice finish by Easton (even if Ramsbottom should do better) and great direct play by McInroy in the buildup. Difficult to see on the stream but Easton's corner looked like a goal. Thought Allan was particularly unfortunate too. Poor decision and seemed outrageous to book him given that it must have been an innocuous coming-together at worst let alone a foul. Would have been nice for him to get a goal and maybe some increased confidence and impact as a result. The penalty incident at the end was also difficult to see though what Currie was playing at I don't know. Didn't catch a cross the whole afternoon. 

Left-back is clearly the weak link of the side. If Rico is leaving then that needs sorted ASAP. Walker did his best but is limited going forward on the right let alone on his weaker side. There was space down that side to exploit (not to mention the chance to fire crosses into Ramsbottom) but he slowed us down big time. And a better side would be able to exploit his weaknesses there. If Rico isn't leaving (unused sub again today) then why isn't he playing ahead of Walker or McGill? Nice to see Josh Kerr back. I hope he's back fully fit and healthy and hasn't been rushed back as seems to be standard with him. Hope Gal's knock is just exactly that and he's alright. Another striker being out would leave us with only two which clearly is never going to be enough. 

Missed McCabe and Frizzell's drive and impetus on the ball today. McCabe was very unlucky with his free-kicks. Couple of great efforts. Like @Jan Vojáček I'm a big fan and I'm not sure there's enough superlatives to describe quite how good and important he is. 

3 wins and 2 clean-sheets in a week. Hopefully some new and returning faces in the side next week. 

There was hardly anything in that in general play. Airdrie were as poor as we were with the exception being that they managed to score. How many teams come to play us and end up with a comfortable or easy win without having to perform anywhere near their best..?

I thought one of the very few positives for me for young Lynch who looked very comfortable. Thought he would look more out of his depth without Buchanan but he stepped up a bit today against what can be a tricky frontline.

Ramsbottom doesn't do well enough with the goal but you could see for ages before Easton gets the shot off that he was going to hit it, but we didn't get any player near enough to challenge him.

At the game and I thought Allan deserved the booking. Looked like he made no attempt to play the ball and furthermore after the whistle kicked the ball into the net so booking seemed fair to me - even if Boyle milked it for the rest.

Farrell really needs to show how this team can improve, quickly. Simply nowhere near good enough and he has been given plenty time. Subbing off Orsi over the likes of Stokes was a dreadful decision. Made even more laughable by us conceding a few minutes later and having to bring on Maley in an attempt to get back into it.

Edited by squeezebox-son