Dumbarton v Airdrie 2nd Jan

6 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Any team news yet?

'I'm avoiding Twitter until I catch up with last night's hockey.

Is that Paddy Boyle and Edin Lynch at centre back?

Airdrie’s team is as expected, no Scott McGill so Walker at left back which isn’t ideal but pretty strong otherwise. Good to see Josh Kerr back on the bench.

Oh FFS. We don't have a centre half in that side.

Suspect it'll be

Ramsbottom

Muir LB

Boyle CB

Lynch CB

Geggan RB

Paton CM

Carlo CM

Wilson AM

Stokes AM

Orsi AM

McLean CF

We're going to get absolutely hammered today.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

It should be 1-0 to Airdrie, that was never a foul. Ramsbottom has been flapping at crosses the whole game, he’s fuckin hopeless.

We’ve done absolutely nothing, we have no width or pace, we can’t really string many passes together and I’m not entirely sure what our gameplan actually is. 

I don’t think Ian Murray will be very happy with the lack of clear cut chances for Airdrie so far and I’d expect to come out all guns blazing in the 2nd half.

Looked a goal to me. 

Scrappy stuff so far. We miss McCabe and Frizzell in the midfield. Need to take a proper grip of it in the middle of the park. A lack of a proper left-back is a problem. Should be launching balls at Ramsbottom from both sides but we can’t really do that. 

Think if we score we’ll see it out fairly comfortably. 

Edited by airdrieman

Ramsbottom getting crowded out by his own team results in foul and no goal. Then again with Steven Kirkland as ref, the incompetence certainly doesn't come as a surprise.

Can definitely feel that Airdrie are missing the creativity and dynamism of Frizzell in midfield. The most frustrating thing by a mile is watching Scott Walker at left back. Feel for him as he's paying for his own versatility, but seeing him cutting inside in his own third because of his lack of a left foot is giving us nothing and is the evident weak point in this XI. 

5 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Aye, but it's gone long beyond a joke.

If you don’t laugh you’ll cry!

I’d have been raging if that had been our corner - pretty sure there was no one around him let alone a foul on him. 

We got a bit of luck there but we’ll need a lot more to get something from this game as it only seems a matter of time before airdrie hit the net.