Dumbarton v Airdrie 2nd Jan

13 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Bought the stream today and disappointed to miss out on attending. What has been the attendances recently at these games? Who knows how it will go but I have optimistically gone for a win. 

I think there was 570 odd at the game in August (albeit with attendance limited to about 600 iirc) and 670 or so in the 3-2 game. 

Basically we could've flung open the doors and it wouldn't have been near a sell out in the home or away end. Our home attendances have dropped alarmingly this season - so I couldn't see there being more than 600 all in, even with a good Diamonds travelling support.

1 hour ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

That's why Frizzell wasn't in the squad the other night.but everyone else who was should be good to go, barring injuries of course. 

Only mentioning what I heard last night that there's been another positive test since the game the other night. If it's rubbish then I apologise 👍

2 hours ago, cedrick1 said:

Reply to email about attendance this morning so at this moment assume game is going ahead although again that could change ?? 

Quite why the club haven’t given a clear update so far is beyond me. All they need to do is let folk know that the issues that caused last week’s game to be postponed are no longer going to be a problem. We all know things can change quickly but a simple update would allow folk to make alternative plans if a game isn’t looking likely.

Such is my disinterest these days, I’m not particularly arsed if it goes ahead tbh.

6 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I think there was 570 odd at the game in August (albeit with attendance limited to about 600 iirc) and 670 or so in the 3-2 game. 

Basically we could've flung open the doors and it wouldn't have been near a sell out in the home or away end. Our home attendances have dropped alarmingly this season - so I couldn't see there being more than 600 all in, even with a good Diamonds travelling support.

Thanks for the information. A pity 600 was not the limit but I suppose watching from a comfy seat at home will be fine.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

McGeevers injury is now starting to worry me. 

Unfortunately I think it would take more than a returning McGeever to sort this rabble oot but I do agree that him being fit would at least allow us to drop one of the other jobbies and the length of time he’s been out for is a concern. I assume there wont be time to sign and register any new guys for this? With Farrell claiming he’s already working on new signings I’d be expecting movement fairly sharpish.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I wonder why this kicks off at 1.30pm, seems a weird yin. 

Is the Airdrie squad decimated with covid or something? Evens is a very, very good price if you have most of your players avaialble.

I don't know either but the early kick-off time was arranged a few weeks back so I doubt it's Covid related.

Is the Airdrie squad decimated with covid or something? Evens is a very, very good price if you have most of your players avaialble.

It’s hard to tell, the team we had out against Queen’s Park was fairly strong but even then we were missing Frizzell with covid and Kerr, Kouider-Aissa and Gabby McGill with other injuries. Our bench is pretty weak, so any other key players testing positive would be an issue, especially defensively where we’re already very short on numbers as it is.

It starts getting dark around 3.30pm, probably no got enough 50p's to power up the floodlights.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It is a very good price. Could you bring yourself to bet against your own team though?