Dumbarton v Airdrie 2nd Jan

No thread for this yet. Will it even go ahead? Can't imagine our covid victims that missed boxing day and caused that game to be off will return? Will we manage to sneak a couple signings through before the game to bulk us up? Can't say I'm too confident in either! 

What's the Covid deal at the moment? Is it still 10 days isolation from the day you test positive? 

Just hope the positive results came through nice and early after Newcastle, which will be 15 days ago by Sunday. Although even if they did we'll have guys playing who have barely trained in almost a fortnight. Which is far from ideal.

Unless Faz unwrapped a dominant leader of a centre-half on Christmas morning it's difficult to see us getting anything here. I fear for what guys like SeaGal, Smith, Easton, Frizzell and McInroy will do to our backline.

Based on how they played for us Easton fall and frizzell should be no fear.

probs a bigger concern is the rainfall at present. Pretty heavy in dumbo at moment.

can’t see any signings do soon in January so we go with what we’ve got.

need to start picking up random points especially from home games . 

Just now, cedrick1 said:

probs a bigger concern is the rainfall at present. Pretty heavy in dumbo at moment.

can’t see any signings do soon in January so we go with what we’ve got.

need to start picking up random points especially from home games . 

Sorry gall fir second pkayer

Just now, cedrick1 said:

By all accounts Frizzell and Easton have been doing just fine for Airdrie. Easton’s spell with us was a long time ago now and when Frizzell was with us we barely crossed our own halfway line.

27 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

At least we know that no matter what the game is like, it could never live up to the incredible, hilarious scenes of the last time. The Dumbarton implosion on the pitch only being matched on these very boards!! Good times

Aye, hilarious for yourselves no doubt but from a Dumbarton point of view that game was arguably where our season took the wrong fork in the road.  The indiscipline was shocking, Ryan McGeever hirpled off and has still to be seen again in action and the winning goal was down to a now trademark goalkeeping mistake.  Ironically, when we were not caught up in that afternoon's mayhem, that was probably the last time we put together some decent football, and whilst Airdrie had a great start once we got ourselves sorted out we both competed and created chances.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Aye, hilarious for yourselves no doubt but from a Dumbarton point of view that game was arguably where our season took the wrong fork in the road.  The indiscipline was shocking, Ryan McGeever hirpled off and has still to be seen again in action and the winning goal was down to a now trademark goalkeeping mistake.  Ironically, when we were not caught up in that afternoon's mayhem, that was probably the last time we put together some decent football, and whilst Airdrie had a great start once we got ourselves sorted out we both competed and created chances.

Sounds grim, also sounds like it will make BBPF miserable. Therefore, good stuff.

Seems to be a bit of needle between the two sides now which adds to the intrigue over this game.

Dumbarton’s decline has been strange in the sense they’ve improved their squad and manager yet find themselves in the same position.

Dumbarton will be fresher having not played tonight but Confident we will create plenty chance we just need to make sure we take them. 

It took reading this thread to remind me of the events of the last match. Feels like a lifetime ago.

Airdrie have picked up some decent results in recent weeks, whilst we’ve been in free fall. Couple that with likely issues around squad availability and a difficult afternoon seems inevitable. I’m glad to be missing it. 

Would be frustrating to fail to back up two big wins but the last two meetings with Dumbarton have been tight so we cannae consider this a gimmie. 

That being said, if we play like we did last night, we should be sticking a few on the Sons. 

9 goals in the last two games (2-2 and 3-2) but I'm hoping we can get back to back clean sheets, which has been a rarity. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Our squad were last seen pissed up in Newcastle after meekly losing at home to a relegation rival and since then half of them have caught covid and probably been on the lash for the last 10 days whilst ramming festive foods into their gut. Hopes cannot be high.

Good. 

Albeit now I'm worrying about the game being off due to covid, rather than the usual weather worry  when playing Dumbarton away in the winter. 

This game has, somehow, become something of a grudge match over the last two games. So even more reason to be disappointed not to see it live! We've been pretty good this season at beating the teams below us in the league. But we are a bit down to the bare bones in terms of depth off the bench quality and quantity wise and you do feel that we're still vulnerable at the back. And I hate playing teams when they're at a low ebb... But really we should be winning this. Will settle for doing so in slightly less dramatic fashion than last time out. 

It would be good of the club to actually confirm that this is going ahead before folk go to the bother of purchasing streams or applying for tickets. If it does go ahead I’ll be expecting us to be down to the bare bones, I’m not sure that this is coming late enough after our players, management and the club thought it was acceptable to allow a Christmas night out in Newcastle during the most rife covid period thus far. Even at full strength we’d be looking at a complete shagging so Airdrie really should have nothing to worry about whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It would be good of the club to actually confirm that this is going ahead before folk go to the bother of purchasing streams or applying for tickets. If it does go ahead I’ll be expecting us to be down to the bare bones, I’m not sure that this is coming late enough after our players, management and the club thought it was acceptable to allow a Christmas night out in Newcastle during the most rife covid period thus far. Even at full strength we’d be looking at a complete shagging so Airdrie really should have nothing to worry about whatsoever.

To be fair, we only just managed to beat eight men last time!

I find Dumbarton's struggles so far quite strange based on the games I've seen them play so far. In the first game at Dumbarton, Airdrie were the better team until Wardrop's sending off and while we undoubtedly had a bit of a meltdown after that, Dumbarton showed good character to get back into the game and grab a point. The 3-2 game was one of our most difficult wins of the season and there wasn't a huge amount between the teams. I was also at the 1-1 draw with Alloa which was two hard-working sides without too much quality in the final third. I certainly wasn't expecting Dumbarton to challenge for the top four, it was clear in the summer that they lacked a good striker and perhaps had a few too many players who are past their best, but I thought they'd be battling Peterhead and Alloa for the best of the mid-table teams, comfortably above East Fife and Clyde. Other than Cove and Montrose, every other team has had at least one very poor performance against us and has generally looked worse. Hopefully that changes on Sunday.