Killie v Morton - Not that any of us can be arsed.

53 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

100% embarrassed with the draw and even more embarrassed to be past the half way stage of the season and sitting behind ICT in the table. Extremely embarrassing.

An honest reply mate, I could not believe that earlier post from a killie fan who was embarrassed to be in the same league as Morton, god only knows how he feels about part time Arbroath, we're all football fans and every team deserves respect no matter where they are in the league, I can see you turning your season around with a new manager.

Just now, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Postscript to last night: if Kilmarnock get the manager right, they’ll absolutely saunter this league. The quality in their squad compared to the rest is ridiculous: there must be a dozen or so players who would get an immediate gig with every other team in the league.

They certainly have a bigger squad than the rest, but I have no idea who the twelve players are who are of much better quality than the starting players of sides around them...

Kilmarnock have largely signed good championship players. I can think of several players in the other sides who would get into the Kilmarnock side, so I’m not sure how 12 would walk into the others! 

19 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

That's more than arrogant as who do you think you are as a relegated team struggling in the championship with three losses, one win and a draw in your last five games, and you must now be really fuckin embarrassed with the draw.

Better enjoy it you will be here next season.

12 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

They certainly have a bigger squad than the rest, but I have no idea who the twelve players are who are of much better quality than the starting players of sides around them...

Kilmarnock have largely signed good championship players. I can think of several players in the other sides who would get into the Kilmarnock side, so I’m not sure how 12 would walk into the others! 

Goalkeeper, the two Murrays, Hodson, McGinn, Mackenzie, Burke, Polworth, Robinson, Hendry, Shaw, Armstrong.

A round dozen.

Just now, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Goalkeeper, the two Murrays, Hodson, McGinn, Mackenzie, Burke, Polworth, Robinson, Hendry, Shaw, Armstrong.

A round dozen.

Armstrong, Fraser Murray, McGinn and Hodson absolutely wouldn’t. Hendry and Shaw would walk into most sides, but certainly not before Nouble. Mackenzie is a possible, and from what I’ve seen Polworth has flattered to deceive and wouldn’t even be up for discussion alongside McKenna at Arbroath based on this season. 

I’ll give you the keeper, Burke, Robinson and Euan Murray as the most likely. 

Rory Mackenzie is an utter dogshite footballer and has found his level by scoring against our rabble of a defence and literally nobody else. It's similar to Muirhead rocking up with goals every other time we play a seaside league outfit. 

27 minutes ago, virginton said:

Rory Mackenzie is an utter dogshite footballer and has found his level by scoring against our rabble of a defence and literally nobody else. It's similar to Muirhead rocking up with goals every other time we play a seaside league outfit. 

Comparing McKenzie with Muirhead is just laughable.

One has a great work ethic and always give s 100%, never hides or goes in the huff, popular with his team mates, has been rated by every manager he's played under, shown terrific loyalty to his one club and has a proven track record in the top flight.

The other is Muirhead.

Away and lie doon.

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

One has a great work ethic and always give s 100%, never hides or goes in the huff, popular with his team mates, has been rated by every manager he's played under, shown terrific loyalty to his one club and has a proven track record in the top flight.

The other is Muirhead.

Away and lie doon.

If you added Muirheads natural talent to Rory’s work rate/commitment and all round approach to the game you would have yourself a world class talent*.

*not really of course, closer to Michael Gardyne.

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

The other is Muirhead.

Away and lie doon.

A proven track record of what exactly? 15 goals in 210 top flight games is atrocious, and his Championship record this season is somehow little better. 

That Kilmarnock have chosen to play a glorified ballboy on the park for the best part of a decade goes a long way to explaining why they i) got relegated in the first place and ii) are slumming it beneath a part-time outfit despite their enormous budget. 

In terms of quality as a forward, he wouldn't walk into any of the other teams in the top half of this division. 

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Armstrong, Fraser Murray, McGinn and Hodson absolutely wouldn’t. Hendry and Shaw would walk into most sides, but certainly not before Nouble. Mackenzie is a possible, and from what I’ve seen Polworth has flattered to deceive and wouldn’t even be up for discussion alongside McKenna at Arbroath based on this season. 

I’ll give you the keeper, Burke, Robinson and Euan Murray as the most likely. 

I’ve just noticed you’re an Ayr fan. Explains a lot.

All the players I’ve named would be signed by any of the other teams in the league, if available. Fuct (tm Rafa Benitez).

And btw I’m slagging Kilmarnock here, not praising them…

9 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

I’ve just noticed you’re an Ayr fan. Explains a lot.

All the players I’ve named would be signed by any of the other teams in the league, if available. Fuct (tm Rafa Benitez).

And btw I’m slagging Kilmarnock here, not praising them…

It doesn’t explain anything - surprisingly I’m able to debate something on a forum without reverting to Kilmarnock bad. 

I have thought since the beginning of the season that the standard of the Kilmarnock side has been overstated. It would be interesting to get the thoughts of other sides fans in the top half. 

You have now changed it to being signed by the other sides in the league, as opposed to walking into their starting side, which is obviously a completely different proposition. I imagine you have done this because you have now realised there are several players better in their positions at other sides!

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It doesn’t explain anything - surprisingly I’m able to debate something on a forum without reverting to Kilmarnock bad. 

I have thought since the beginning of the season that the standard of the Kilmarnock side has been overstated. It would be interesting to get the thoughts of other sides fans in the top half. 

You have now changed it to being signed by the other sides in the league, as opposed to walking into their starting side, which is obviously a completely different proposition. I imagine you have done this because you have now realised there are several players better in their positions at other sides!

Can't provide a top half perspective but I agree with your argument. It is the Occam's razor explanation for why Kilmarnock got relegated in the first place and why a previously highly competent manager in Wright couldn't get enough of a tune out of them at this dogshit level either. Football games are not won on paper. 

The next appointment will confirm that or not, but if Jack Ross is out of the picture then I wouldn't be too hopeful of a stunning turnaround if I were a Kilmarnock fan. They're at least within sufficient range that a modest improvement and a few collapses elsewhere could still push then over the line. 

Edited by vikingTON

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

No, it explains two things: 1. You know very little about football; 2. You can’t read…

What part of ‘would immediately get a gig with’ translates to ‘walk into their starting line-up’?

The last bit is what you wanted me to have said… but it’s not what I said. So I’ve not changed anything, because I had no reason to do so, because what I said in the first place is patently the truth.

Thank you indeed for playing.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

I know you’re allergic to ‘sand dancers’… but come to actual f**k.

Imagine Imrie persuaded Killie to swap Mackenzie for Muirhead… he’d get a fuckin statue.

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

Can't provide a top half perspective but I agree with your argument. It is the Occam's razor explanation for why Kilmarnock got relegated in the first place and why a previously highly competent manager in Wright couldn't get enough of a tune out of them at this dogshit level either. Football games are not won on paper. 

The next appointment will confirm that or not, but if Jack Ross is out of the picture then I wouldn't be too hopeful of a stunning turnaround if I were a Kilmarnock fan. They're at least within sufficient range that a modest improvement and a few collapses elsewhere could still push then over the line. 

Once Nouble disappears, Hendry, Shaw, Polworth and Robinson *should* be the best set of forward players in the league. 

IMO Kilmarnock are seriously lacking in central midfield, and in the full back areas. 

As you say, I don’t actually think it’ll take a great deal for them to finish in first place. Improve in the full back areas and in central midfield and it is most likely theirs. 

1 minute ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

No, it explains two things: 1. You know very little about football; 2. You can’t read…

What part of ‘would immediately get a gig with’ translates to ‘walk into their starting line-up’?

The last bit is what you wanted me to have said… but it’s not what I said. So I’ve not changed anything, because I had no reason to do so, because what I said in the first place is patently the truth.

Thank you indeed for playing.

A genuinely tragic post, but nevertheless - I asked you which Kilmarnock players were better than those starting for clubs around them and you responded with those twelve players. 

I know nothing about football, and yet you are telling me that Shaw and Hendry are better than Nouble.