Killie v Morton - Not that any of us can be arsed.

On 28/12/2021 at 18:50, Sortmeout said:

I’m still pretty embarrassed that we are in the same division as Morton so try my best to avoid the match threads.

That's more than arrogant as who do you think you are as a relegated team struggling in the championship with three losses, one win and a draw in your last five games, and you must now be really fuckin embarrassed with the draw.

Edited by SandyCromarty

39 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

In a surprise to absolutely no one, Dougie Imrie's side are dirty!

I take you will appeal the red card. Didn't  go for the man and a dangerous take of Lyon on a charge.

Well Jack gave the goal away when surely a simple catch. But was our man of the match with a least four great stops.

Like the going forward last 20 mins but with the big man off why not go for three points by putting the corner into the box end up nearly giving it away.

Happy with the point now all we need are some wins.

Killie will need to improve Arbroath would have scored a few of those gilt edge chances I fear the playoffs are Killie's only hope now.

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

That's more than arrogant as who do you think you are as a relegated team struggling in the championship, and you must now be really fuckin embarrassed with the draw.

You seem spectacularly angry all the time m9, calm down and try to stay with us.

11 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Gutted to not be spending the day crawling the way to Kilmarnock via various bin pubs in the vicinity of Ayrshire train stations but oh well.

To be fair that is still allowed under Covid rules. Let's do it on Friday and be home in time for the bells.

To the game however, I was a bit worried when I saw Imrie had went for the famous "let's play two in midfield and see what happens" system that's worked so well so far but, in his defence, he saw it wasn't working and changed it.

Weird game. Woulda had no complaints if we were three down at half time and ended up a bit disappointed not to come away with three points. Biggest plus was hearing Imrie say there was room to bring some players in as I was worried we would be stuck with this lot for the rest of the season. 

Outclassed for an hour, then went to a back four, went long with purpose, playing off second balls… and hey fuckin presto.

Hope Imrie’s realised that’s absolutely the right thing to do when three-quarters of the league have better squads.

Also impressed by the way he emptied Russell, who was atrocious.

And a word for Jack Hamilton, who was immense.

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Thought it was a very obvious red for Sanders. An idiotic challenge by a player who had made a mistake and went to take out the opponent. No attempt at the ball and very high, would be easy to injure someone doing that.

That be him, and Hemmings out next match then... 

Quite glad Jack Hamilton is doing well for Morton. Really, really fucking surprised by it, but he seemed a decent guy so happy for him to be endearing himself to the Morton support and finally finding a home.

25 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Thought it was a very obvious red for Sanders. An idiotic challenge by a player who had made a mistake and went to take out the opponent. No attempt at the ball and very high, would be easy to injure someone doing that.

8 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Red card was classed as a tackle from behind with no attempt to win the ball. Ref got it spot on

I thought it was a red live, marginal on the replay.

Either way, the boy deserved it for failing to trip his opponent economically, which 95% of professional footballers would have managed with ease.

Kilmarnock have a lot of good players; he isn’t one of them.

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

Red card was classed as a tackle from behind with no attempt to win the ball. Ref got it spot on

I was listenig on the radio & their view appeared to be that the Killie boy made it easy for the ref by going in from behind.

Professional way to do it would have been a tug at the shirt & make the officials decide if a goalscoring chance had been denied...

Was a bit of an orange card for me. Was definitely cynical from behind with no attempt to play the ball, but on the replay it wasn't as nasty as it looked in real time. 

I Would have been fine with a yellow or red card and was a silly decision by the player who gave the ref a decision to make. 

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Quite glad Jack Hamilton is doing well for Morton. Really, really fucking surprised by it, but he seemed a decent guy so happy for him to be endearing himself to the Morton support and finally finding a home.

He's been fantastic this season. A few blips over the last few weeks but he's not superman especially with the amount of shite he has playing in front of him. 

15 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

That's more than arrogant as who do you think you are as a relegated team struggling in the championship with three losses, one win and a draw in your last five games, and you must now be really fuckin embarrassed with the draw.

100% embarrassed with the draw and even more embarrassed to be past the half way stage of the season and sitting behind ICT in the table. Extremely embarrassing.

13 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

100% embarrassed with the draw and even more embarrassed to be past the half way stage of the season and sitting behind ICT in the table. Extremely embarrassing.

It would be even more embarrassing if we also had a game in hand