Elgin v forfar

Guest mr_malcolm

Guest mr_malcolm
Club hasn’t announced anything yet but going by previously, when numbers were limited, it was home fans only. We will easily dispose of 500 tickets.

Where can I buy an Elgin scarf, just to blend in on Sunday and not blow my
Cover

Hopefully two defeats in a row is a kick up the arse for the team as this afternoon was awful to travel up and watch.

A couple of additions are needed this month, a striker especially. Shepherd isn’t good enough to play on his own and is mildly better with a partner. Aitken isn’t strong enough and can’t be bothered to chase anything, spends far too much of his time on the floor looking for a foul that he isn’t going to be given. McCluskey is our best striker and he isn’t even a striker, which isn’t a bad thing but with Thomson out injured we are lacking out wide, Anderson is best coming off the bench for that as well. Fair enough Doris isn’t a 90 minute player any more but he should be getting more playing time, he’s still a better option to hold the ball up than the first two mentioned.

Midfield wise, I’m not sure what our best is other than Slater but it does not involve Gary Harkins. Having him start, let alone last the full 90 minutes is enough to ruin my 2022 already.

A great win for City, unbeaten in three with two clean sheets. Mailer was my choice for MotM, but the whole team were excellent after a poor start. Forfar were unlucky not to score a couple of times at the start of second half.

Well surprised at the hostility from Forfar fans here regarding Harkins, I thought he was one of your better players .

Guest mr_malcolm
A great win for City, unbeaten in three with two clean sheets. Mailer was my choice for MotM, but the whole team were excellent after a poor start. Forfar were unlucky not to score a couple of times at the start of second half.
Well surprised at the hostility from Forfar fans here regarding Harkins, I thought he was one of your better players .

That’s saying something .

Beaten by a poor Elgin side, we weren’t any better

Great 3 points. I enjoyed the game although would accept there was not much quality on show. Forfar will regret the chances they missed at the start of the second half when we were all over the place for the first 10 minutes. Both sides will probably claim they deserved to win, onwards and upwards hopefully.

Thought Harkins played ok but for a man who has played at the level he has, he twice took the wrong option when a pass would have led to a one on one with the Elgin goalie.

Huge 3 points for Elgin. Not a great game at all and neither team looked that good. The misplaced passes today were ridiculous but whilst not really playing well the team are putting in a real shift and they’ve ground out 7 points from the last 3 games which may well prove vital! There is a real lack of quality in this league this year for some reason so a few decent results could have us looking up rather than down. We’re much closer to the playoff positions than to last place which seems remarkable given our performances but I really do believe this is a decent squad - we just need to build on these results and hopefully with the pressure lifted a little we will see the best of the players. Forfar did not deserve to lose but there really isn’t any better tonic than a last minute winner - improves my evening but probably not tomorrow morning!!