Winter Window, 2021-2022…what’s happening with you…

21 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Yep, the geography works for a change and we seem to have a good relationship with Boro - long may it last.

The tricky bit is always the matter of the level of competition that can be offered. If you or Boro change leagues, the situation can quickly turn less favorable…but having a good relationship with a team or two usually helps convince other teams you might be able to help them too.

43 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Yep, the geography works for a change and we seem to have a good relationship with Boro - long may it last.

I've no idea why people think geography is a factor here. It's not. 

They dont commute from Middlesbrough and we train in Hamilton. Both Jones and Brynn lived in flats in Hamilton while playing for us. The connection to Middlesbrough is our manager, not our location. 

Ben Williamson confirmed on loan until Jun 2022 with Raith.

That’s a decent signing for you. Some Arbroath fans raved about him last season but I wasn’t surprised he didn’t set the Premier League on fire. He’ll probably make it to that level but not with Rangers. Not a patch on Nicky Low.

17 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I've no idea why people think geography is a factor here. It's not. 

They dont commute from Middlesbrough and we train in Hamilton. Both Jones and Brynn lived in flats in Hamilton while playing for us. The connection to Middlesbrough is our manager, not our location. 

Indeed SD.  I was far too economical with my wording.  I wasn't suggesting that the players would commute - when I worked on Teeside I didn't attempt to commute either.  What I had in mind was a more tenuous geographical connection: things like northern English clubs being generally more aware of us and the greater ease of physically watching the player's progress in actual game time (although granted that video evidence makes this sort of thing easier nowadays - not that video shows everything as it tends to just follow the ball and not just a particular player).

The manager's personal connections will I'm sure be the key factor though, as you say, and as you will of course know first hand.  Thanks again for the (always useful) insight.

On 27/12/2021 at 23:02, Central Belt Caley said:

Michael Gardyne on the way oot for us, Dundee been mentioned as the possible destination. 

Not heard any other rumours as of yet, but would like to see a winger and some full backs in as cover

Gardyne to Dundee would be the most on brand signing of the window.

• 4 weeks later...