The Famous Aberdeen v the Glesga Sevco

17 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

They're absolutely shiteing themselves that Celtic appear to have gotten their act together.  Glorious.

The only team that have spoken about considering postponing the game dependant on international call ups has been Celtic, as far as I am aware.

Just now, AJF said:

The only team that have spoken about considering postponing the game dependant on international call ups has been Celtic, as far as I am aware.

That's quite the non sequitur.  So much so that I have absolutely no idea what you're on about.

What I do know is Rangers know they aren't as good as last season and they also know Celtic are a lot better.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

That's quite the non sequitur.  So much so that I have absolutely no idea what you're on about.

What I do know is Rangers know they aren't as good as last season and they also know Celtic are a lot better.

I had to look up what non sequitur meant, excellent use of language which I will be adding to my vocabulary.

I guess I was meaning it in the context of teams shiting it from each other, using the instance of Celtic not ruling out a postponement as an example, although in hindsight I appreciate you were not saying Celtic weren't shiting it, just that Rangers were haha.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

I had to look up what non sequitur meant, excellent use of language which I will be adding to my vocabulary.

I guess I was meaning it in the context of teams shiting it from each other, using the instance of Celtic not ruling out a postponement as an example, although in hindsight I appreciate you were not saying Celtic weren't shiting it, just that Rangers were haha.

Yet more evidence that the reflex of an OF fan to just about any point made is ‘NAW WE’RE NOT, THEY ARE’. 

sad. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yet more evidence that the reflex of an OF fan to just about any point made is ‘NAW WE’RE NOT, THEY ARE’. 

sad. 

Indeed. Although I feel like I've shown a lot of personal growth by acknowledging the error of my ways and I promise, I will do better.

ETA: and for the record, 100% shiting it.

Edited by AJF

19 minutes ago, Orbix said:

I'm sure Aberdeen are able to complain in equal measure? For what it's worth, I think McGregor should have got a red card and a penalty (Though could understand why it might have been given as a freekick in real time given it was right on/over the line) 

Think the second penalty if reviewed doesn't get given for Ferguson's foul on Barisic before he heads the ball at Morelos. 

Been fairly consistent in saying that the refs are shite and we need VAR to help them, as in both of those.

Don't remember any dives tbh, there was lots of theatrical embellishment from both sides but nothing other than Kent's penalty appeal?

There were dives. It was a football match. Morelos was playing. QED. 

47 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, that'll be exactly it, to be fair.

And Celtic have already started, with the article that was published on Monday about the number of penalties received that was shared by their usual social media cheerleaders.

That was from the evening times.

Just now, Drew Brees said:

That was from the evening times.

Appreciate that, but tabloids often do the bidding of clubs. Particularly when it is then shared widely on social media by prominent cheerleader accounts.

Just now, AJF said:

Appreciate that, but tabloids often do the bidding of clubs. Particularly when it is then shared widely on social media by prominent cheerleader accounts.

So we’re in agreement that it had f**k all to do with Celtic. 

5 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

What an absolute riddy. 

The only aim here is to pressurise refs into giving them future decisions.

Hope the SFA throw the book at them for questioning the integrity of the ref.

One of the examples in that Sky story is Barisic not being allowed to leave the field for treatment after Hayes had caught him, but then being told to leave later after Clancy had been helpfully reminded about it by Brown.

Any way you look at that it's not great from a refereeing perspective, and clubs should be free to challenge.

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

There were dives. It was a football match. Morelos was playing. QED. 

Was one of his quietest games all told. Thought he might have got more into it with Brown but seemed to have been warned off it.

44 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I assume Rangers' letter raised the McGregor incident and Morelos' dives as part of this noble crusade for objective fairness? 

When they say a “letter”, what they really mean is the inane ramblings of a failed DUP councillor?

3 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

So we’re in agreement that it had f**k all to do with Celtic. 

Aye, it just so happened a story was run using very specific parameters that favoured Celtic appeared in the build up to a crucial derby match which was then latched on to by Sutton, Hartson, Spence etc. Just a coincidence.

Just now, AJF said:

Aye, it just so happened a story was run using very specific parameters that favoured Celtic appeared in the build up to a crucial derby match which was then latched on to by Sutton, Hartson, Spence etc. Just a coincidence.

What was that about personal growth? 

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m assuming they, like the rest of us , can read and found the Evening times article worth sharing. Not wanting to labour the point but it had f**k all to do with Celtic.