The Famous Aberdeen v the Glesga Sevco

It’s absolutely Clancy’s fault. It’s not a bookable offence, anyone arguing otherwise is at it. The fact that nobody is saying, aye it was a booking, and are instead saying he gave the ref a decision to make, says a lot.
So what was your take on the penalty/red card decision on mcgegor?

Glad to take a point in the end as we were far from our best and going down to 10 killed any chances we had.

No Aribo and now Kent suspended means there is a distinct lack of creativity in that side.

Bit of a pisser, think it’s the first real mistake in game management from Gio since he’s started.

Positives in that Sands played decently and didn’t look out of place. Other than that, sat too deep a lot of the time, shouldn’t have taken Hagi off. 

Clancy is just a rotten referee. So so shit. Bring on VAR.

It’s never the right decision to blame a player for a poor refereeing decision. What has happened before is immaterial, it wasn’t a bookable offence.
That's naive of the highest order.

Yes it's a poor decision, but players play the referee as well as the opposition in every. Single. Game.

Brown had Clancy on strings all night, from Hagis yellow aye a few minutes right up to getting him to put Barasic off in 93 and put Rangers to 9 men.

Love him or hate him, Brown is better than anyone the last decade at having officials on a string. It's a skill.

Let me put it this way, you've known About Brown for over a decade, you know Kevin Clancy. Do you go anywhere near Brown there? No, of course you don't.

It's a poor decision from Clancy, 100%, as most of them were tonight, but it's equally as poor a decision from Kent to give him the decision to make, especially knowing who he's going to tackle. Just let him boot it away.

Just now, dysartrovers said:
2 minutes ago, AJF said:
It’s absolutely Clancy’s fault. It’s not a bookable offence, anyone arguing otherwise is at it. The fact that nobody is saying, aye it was a booking, and are instead saying he gave the ref a decision to make, says a lot.

So what was your take on the penalty/red card decision on mcgegor?

I’d say it was probably a foul. Then the red card depends on whether a penalty was given or not. If it was then it would be a yellow I believe under the “double punishment” law.

Bit of a pisser, think it’s the first real mistake in game management from Gio since he’s started.
Positives in that Sands played decently and didn’t look out of place. Other than that, sat too deep a lot of the time, shouldn’t have taken Hagi off. 

Clancy is just a rotten referee. So so shit. Bring on VAR.
You realise that would have meant 70 minutes of 10 men and a goal down?

I would have settled for a point before kick off but felt we should have won.

However a much better performance than the one against Dundee, so happy from that respect.

ETA: And Brown waving Kent off the park brought a smile to my face. :)

Edited by Jacksgranda

2 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

That's naive of the highest order.

Yes it's a poor decision, but players play the referee as well as the opposition in every. Single. Game.

Brown had Clancy on strings all night, from Hagis yellow aye a few minutes right up to getting him to put Barasic off in 93 and put Rangers to 9 men.

Love him or hate him, Brown is better than anyone the last decade at having officials on a string. It's a skill.

Let me put it this way, you've known About Brown for over a decade, you know Kevin Clancy. Do you go anywhere near Brown there? No, of course you don't.

It's a poor decision from Clancy, 100%, as most of them were tonight, but it's equally as poor a decision from Kent to give him the decision to make, especially knowing who he's going to tackle. Just let him boot it away.

So, to summarise, you agree it was the wrong decision? Because that’s all I said.

Edited by AJF

Pretty poor game lacking in quality. GVB’s tactic when he gets a lead away to top six sides is to sit in and protect it. Which is fine because in open play we limited Aberdeen very effectively, but you run the risk of conceding a penalty and then you’re knackered, which is exactly what happened. 

Clancy had one of the WOAT refereeing performances, but it wouldn’t have mattered anyway. A draw was the right result.

Aberdeen have something there if they can keep a hold of their good young players. Lot to like about that side.