The Famous Aberdeen v the Glesga Sevco

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’d say it’s clutching at straws thinking Brown should be booked for attempting to wind up a player. His play acting and demeanour is ridiculous and infuriating in equal measure, but like I’ve alluded to above, it is extremely rare for players to get booked for that sort of stuff.

Surely we don’t want football to turn into a sport where players go running to the ref to say someone has upset them?

When it stops working, he'll stop doing it.

Personally I'm delighted that the Dons have someone like that in the side who can rile the opposition, protect his own players and (sometimes) have the ref going round in circles.

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

When it stops working, he'll stop doing it.

Personally I'm delighted that the Dons have someone like that in the side who can rile the opposition, protect his own players and (sometimes) have the ref going round in circles.

It’s been said before on here: you love him if you have him but despise him if you don’t.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s been said before on here: you love him if you have him but despise him if you don’t.

After years of having him tear my hair out it's great to sit and laugh as his antics drive the other fans mad.

31 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’d say it’s clutching at straws thinking Brown should be booked for attempting to wind up a player. His play acting and demeanour is ridiculous and infuriating in equal measure, but like I’ve alluded to above, it is extremely rare for players to get booked for that sort of stuff.

Surely we don’t want football to turn into a sport where players go running to the ref to say someone has upset them?

No other team do it because they are not embroiled in a legal battle with the league sponsor, with Rangers arguing the display of said sponsor breaches one of their own contracts.

No matter how frivolous the claim may seem, it’s the subject of litigation. It’s nothing personal with Aberdeen, it has happened at every away ground we’ve been to so far.

Do they ask for all cinch adverts to be removed or covered up around the grounds when they are live on a TV? So why tell Sky that they won’t do interviews in front of their hosts interview boards?

24 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Do they ask for all cinch adverts to be removed or covered up around the grounds when they are live on a TV? So why tell Sky that they won’t do interviews in front of their hosts interview boards?

No, I'd imagine not because that is not something they can control. They can control their interviews though.

It has happened at every away ground this season - stop taking it as a personal offence against Aberdeen.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

@AB1872 you going to let him make you look weak like this?

8 hours ago, AB1872 said:

Yeh he shat it. He could / should have sent off Brown , McCrorie and Hayes. Hayes is actually a straight Red!

He booked the Rangers captain for a great challenge and gave a penalty against Rangers when ball hit hand when at players side and actually booked Morelos for having an arm by his side

The minimal contact between McGregor and Hedges is the Aberdeen player thrown out a leg as he knows he’s never getting the ball. It’s called simulation and a bookable offence. Your captain / asst manager knows all about it. 

The referee also should have sent off Brown for gesturing to Kent and sarcastic applauding him.

Clancy is an out and out cheat. 

833339277_giphy(4).gif.4e324e6ece88cadbbd934f8ae583ff96.gif

Really don't know where to start with this...

Unless I start with a rhyme:

Over time it has been said

Kevin Clancy's blood is orange - not red.

Hundreds of H**s were knocked dead

Until they rose again like Rangers - undead

Nonetheless, at Hampden in 2016 ‐ they bled.

?

9 hours ago, AB1872 said:

Yeh he shat it. He could / should have sent off Brown , McCrorie and Hayes. Hayes is actually a straight Red!

He booked the Rangers captain for a great challenge and gave a penalty against Rangers when ball hit hand when at players side and actually booked Morelos for having an arm by his side

The minimal contact between McGregor and Hedges is the Aberdeen player thrown out a leg as he knows he’s never getting the ball. It’s called simulation and a bookable offence. Your captain / asst manager knows all about it. 

The referee also should have sent off Brown for gesturing to Kent and sarcastic applauding him.

Clancy is an out and out cheat. 

Season 5 Fox GIF by New Girl

1 hour ago, AJF said:

No, I'd imagine not because that is not something they can control. They can control their interviews though.

It has happened at every away ground this season - stop taking it as a personal offence against Aberdeen.

Without taking it as a personal offence against Aberdeen, Glass' interview takes place on Sky with a board promoting Red TV, the Cormack Foundation, Saltire energy and other sponsors of Aberdeen FC and I'm sure the sponsors of other clubs appear on their interview boards.

Why should Rangers be able to dictate to these clubs that their sponsors shouldn't be able to get the exposure they have paid for. I can understand them not promoting Cinch at Ibrox but surely in other stadiums it should not be their choice. Either that or they just refuse to interview, in which case I'd guess they'd be in breach of contractual obligations with Sky. 

I understand it's part of legal proceedings but the whole idea that a club can dictate to the title sponsor of the league is a fucking nonsense.

5 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Without taking it as a personal offence against Aberdeen, Glass' interview takes place on Sky with a board promoting Red TV, the Cormack Foundation, Saltire energy and other sponsors of Aberdeen FC and I'm sure the sponsors of other clubs appear on their interview boards.

Why should Rangers be able to dictate to these clubs that their sponsors shouldn't be able to get the exposure they have paid for. I can understand them not promoting Cinch at Ibrox but surely in other stadiums it should not be their choice. Either that or they just refuse to interview, in which case I'd guess they'd be in breach of contractual obligations with Sky. 

I understand it's part of legal proceedings but the whole idea that a club can dictate to the title sponsor of the league is a fucking nonsense.

Absolutely. Nail on the head. As I’ve said before, Rangers as a club are simply bullies.

11 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Indeed. And if you read back, I actually said earlier whether it was disrespectful to the other sponsors that was a different question. I was just querying why it was personally offensive against Aberdeen when it has happened every home game we've played thus far.

16 minutes ago, AJF said:

Indeed. And if you read back, I actually said earlier whether it was disrespectful to the other sponsors that was a different question. I was just querying why it was personally offensive against Aberdeen when it has happened every home game we've played thus far.

I'm not disagreeing with you personally, simply with the stance of your club and I said that I'm not taking it to heart on behalf of Aberdeen. 

If Rangers are in breach of contract to one of their own sponsors by the fact that Cinch are the title sponsors of the league, then that is Rangers' issue, not anyone elses and the onus should be on them to renegotiate the contract with whomever the offended party is. Ladbrokes sponsored the league when both Rangers and Celtic were sponsored by rival betting brands and we didn't have this issue. Why now??

Should actually have been FOUR red cards for Aberdeen - who can forget this disgraceful stamp from Jenks on Morelos' shin? 

Off on a tangent here, but it’s incredibly sad to see countless videos and tweets from Celtic fans on our game, just because we are playing Rangers. It’s exactly the same the other way round as well. Really odd behaviour to comb through the footage of a game your team isn’t involved in for Twitter likes.

It’s almost a bittersweet moment when you get a result against one of those two because it means the other lot are happy about it. They’re more concerned about each other’s results than their own.

21 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Yeah, I understand that he got the shot away but Goldson completely wipes him out in the immediate aftermath. I didn't notice it at the time but when I watched it back, Goldson is late and nowhere near the ball. 

I thought that as well on first viewing. Seldom see those given though. A last minute penalty against Rangers in a tied game would surely be a hell freezing over moment.

1 hour ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Yeah, I understand that he got the shot away but Goldson completely wipes him out in the immediate aftermath. I didn't notice it at the time but when I watched it back, Goldson is late and nowhere near the ball. 

Yeah it’s frustrating as if it’s in the middle of the pitch a foul would be given for a late challenge.