The Famous Aberdeen v the Glesga Sevco

16 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Kent is a thoroughly unlikeable player for opposition fans the way he scowls his way through matches, up there with Morelos, so it was extremely pleasant for me to see him being sent off.

Haha, I bet it was. I'd have similar feelings if it was the other way about.

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Robbed in 2 matches against these p***ks by a phantom pen and McGregor's impunity and they're still crying about injustice. veruca-salt.gif.ce1346c4bced0c2f3ebcd5d52b31695a.gif

Again, to reiterate, you can be critical of a refereeing decision while also accepting you got away with one earlier on. They are not mutually exclusive viewpoints.

10 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Yes it's not objective. Hedges got sent off at Pittodrie a couple of years ago for accidentally brushing across the back of a Rangers player in the box, and while I hate whataboutery, those two decisions cannot be compatible with fairness if you want to implement the rules. 

See the source image

20 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Kent is a thoroughly unlikeable player for opposition fans the way he scowls his way through matches, up there with Morelos, so it was extremely pleasant for me to see him being sent off.

Almost as pleasant as watching him run into our box and proceed to trip himself up and let the ball run out of play.

Absolutely brilliant.

43 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think both things can be true quite easily. 

It’s probably harsh on Kent but he’s naive. It looks like he’s left his foot in when you watch it live. Needs to make a more pronounced effort to withdraw from the challenge. 

As soon as he went near Brown I said to myself "He's off".

I know Lewis is getting a wee bit of stick for the goal but watching the replay, it looks like when the ball goes out to Kent, Ferguson and mccrorie both spot hagi, both tell the other one to pick him up and then look away. 

Lewis can do better but poor communication leaves hagi completely alone. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I know Lewis is getting a wee bit of stick for the goal but watching the replay, it looks like when the ball goes out to Kent, Ferguson and mccrorie both spot hagi, both tell the other one to pick him up and then look away. 

Aye, I'm not sure much blame should be apportioned to Lewis. The ball dipped right before it got to him so was always going to be a difficult one to gather/block.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, I'm not sure much blame should be apportioned to Lewis. The ball dipped right before it got to him so was always going to be a difficult one to gather/block.

I think what’s clear is that somewhere between Ferguson, mccrorie, bates and Lewis all in the box someone should be dealing with it. 

36 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Almost as pleasant as watching him run into our box and proceed to trip himself up and let the ball run out of play.

Absolutely brilliant.

I’d forgotten about that, brilliant. I was at the other end, but it looked to me as if he was looking for a foul or a corner.

29 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yeah, it was of these goals where the attacker gets lots of praise for getting on the end of the cross, but we probably had too many defenders in the vicinity of the ball and no one took responsibility. Collective cock up.

Watched bits of the match back on my recording of the Sky coverage and, although it happened right in front of me, I didn’t realise how much of a miss McLennan had from that brilliant Ramirez cross at the end of the 90 minutes. Bloody hell, three points there on a plate. Also, what is this shite about Rangers staff being interviewed post match and Sky having to take the sponsor boards away from behind them. These people are visitors to our ground and they should be made to follow suit with how the home team act. I always find it hilarious that Rangers, fans and club, think that the world’s against them, and yet the media permanently kowtow to them. Disrespectful b*st*rds. 

25 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Watched bits of the match back on my recording of the Sky coverage and, although it happened right in front of me, I didn’t realise how much of a miss McLennan had from that brilliant Ramirez cross at the end of the 90 minutes. Bloody hell, three points there on a plate. Also, what is this shite about Rangers staff being interviewed post match and Sky having to take the sponsor boards away from behind them. These people are visitors to our ground and they should be made to follow suit with how the home team act. I always find it hilarious that Rangers, fans and club, think that the world’s against them, and yet the media permanently kowtow to them. Disrespectful b*st*rds. 

I believe it's to do with the ongoing dispute between Rangers and the SPFL over the cinch sponsorship deal. Sadly not yet resolved and has been that way since the beginning of the season.

As a (sort of) neutral looking in, the weegie team got away with one last night.  I only saw the 2nd half, but Aberdeen were easily the better side.  Scott Brown is one of those players that you only like if he's playing for your club.  He could walk into any team and do a job.

32 minutes ago, AJF said:

I believe it's to do with the ongoing dispute between Rangers and the SPFL over the cinch sponsorship deal. Sadly not yet resolved and has been that way since the beginning of the season.

I know what it’s about, but Rangers were visitors to our place. Do what they want at Ibrox, but be respectful on your travels.

53 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I know what it’s about, but Rangers were visitors to our place. Do what they want at Ibrox, but be respectful on your travels.

I'm not sure how it is disrespectful to Aberdeen? They just hold the interviews in a different part of the stadium. Whether it is disrespectful to the other sponsors, that's a different question but it is unfortunately a legal matter that seems to be rumbling on.