Lichties vs Accies, Wednesday 9th February

DC being very honest in the post match interview saying we got out of jail and were lucky to get a point which we indeed were. Like that in a manager being very honest instead of making excuses for poor performances. C'mon the Lichties.

1 hour ago, keptie said:

DC being very honest in the post match interview saying we got out of jail and were lucky to get a point which we indeed were. Like that in a manager being very honest instead of making excuses for poor performances. C'mon the Lichties.

DC got it wrong last night IMO. Nicky Low was really good on the ball in the first half and dictating our play but absolutely wasted out wide in the 2nd half when Dick moved him out there. Chris Hamilton should have been taken off earlier as well. 

just a below average night overall but another point on the board. 

10 hours ago, madton said:

Shocked to hear Accies time wasting again, will they ever learn?? Time and time again they have lost late late goals because they time waste from the 46th minute.

Why not just try and score another and kill the game??

Would do my nut in if I was an accies fan.

Absolutely delightful for everyone else right enough...

I was at Cappielow and to be fair we did have several opportunities to go 2 up. Redfern and Ryan in particular had great chances. I think it was just a couple of thrown ins and a couple of goal kicks that took an inordinate length of time. 

Once again we were the masters of our own downfall. They say that incidents in football have a way of balancing out, I guess last night was to make up for all the penalties we've been given recently.

If we're not killing the game off by wasting chances, we're conceding soft goals at the other end, it really is going to be a shaky finish with the way things are going.

Just want the season to be over now, hopefully with the chance at playing in the championship next season.

There was a point in the second half when Hamilton won a throw in high up in our own half, nearly  in line with the 18 yard box and I counted 1 minute and 12 seconds before they actually took the throw which was in an attacking position, utterly baffling, as was the ref only adding 4 minutes on, should've been at least 6 considering the substitutes, the time wasting and at least 4 or 5 times the Hamilton physio came on.

8 hours ago, Hayshead2 said:

By far the better team tonight, could easily went on and won the game. But then the time wasting stuff in the 2nd half. WHY???

Poor management/coaching.

Bit them in the arse in the end.

Little wonder the have no fans.

Oh dear,the “no fans” comment. I think we are all willing Arbroath to do the impossible by winning promotion, please don’t spoil it. 

There was a point in the second half when Hamilton won a throw in high up in our own half, nearly  in line with the 18 yard box and I counted 1 minute and 12 seconds before they actually took the throw which was in an attacking position, utterly baffling, as was the ref only adding 4 minutes on, should've been at least 6 considering the substitutes, the time wasting and at least 4 or 5 times the Hamilton physio came on.

Considering there was 6 added on vs killie I was expecting at least the same here

Is Miko injured or just been left out the managers plans? 
Maybe both, I'm not too sure. Mimnaugh has pretty much always played as the deepest midfielder under Taylor so, other than the times we've played 4-2-3-1, Virtanen's had to play a bit further forward which hasn't suited him at all. I'm not sure how he'd be as the 6 in this team tbh as we haven't had a proper chance to see it.

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

DC got it wrong last night IMO. Nicky Low was really good on the ball in the first half and dictating our play but absolutely wasted out wide in the 2nd half when Dick moved him out there. Chris Hamilton should have been taken off earlier as well. 

just a below average night overall but another point on the board. 

Low was playing wide left the whole game not just the second half.

you could tell the ref was scunnered with Hamilton’s time wasting so I was surprised that he didn’t play longer. Mind you he was probably scunnered with fitba in general by about 60 minutes so wanted it over as quickly as possible.

As I said earlier, we were there for the taking last night and I’m sure Accies would have won if they’d put as much effort into winning as not losing. They completely negated our strengths and looked dangerous in attack. I suppose staying up is their big priority this season so sitting back and time wasting enabling them to get at least a point isn’t a bad approach.

Edited by Tattie36

Poor last night but can t say too much players have been outstanding this season.If Hamilton had concentrated on trying to win the game instead of time wasting they probably would have won.What were the Hamilton players doing at both penalty s when the ball was on the spot ,pushing players ,moving the ball,trying everything to disrupt the game.

3 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Low was playing wide left the whole game not just the second half.

you could tell the ref was scunnered with Hamilton’s time wasting so I was surprised that he didn’t play longer. Mind you he was probably scunnered with fitba in general by about 60 minutes so wanted it over as quickly as possible.

As I said earlier, we were there for the taking last night and I’m sure Accies would have won if they’d put as much effort into winning as not losing. They completely negated our strengths and looked dangerous in attack. I suppose staying up is their big priority this season so sitting back and time wasting enabling them to get at least a point isn’t a bad approach.

Not sure about that, against Killie, we had Hamilton as a deep lying midfielder with Stewart, McKenna and Low ahead as a narrow three and that worked very well and it seemed to be that way in the first half last night, at the beginning of the 2nd half, Low seemed to get dragged wide, whether that was deliberate or not who knows as Low certainly isnt a wide player.   Team on Sunday will be interesting as a few were off the pace last night, dropping any of them i still think would be harsh as most of the starting line up have been brilliant all season. 

Just now, Smokerson said:

Not sure about that, against Killie, we had Hamilton as a deep lying midfielder with Stewart, McKenna and Low ahead as a narrow three and that worked very well and it seemed to be that way in the first half last night, at the beginning of the 2nd half, Low seemed to get dragged wide, whether that was deliberate or not who knows as Low certainly isnt a wide player.   Team on Sunday will be interesting as a few were off the pace last night, dropping any of them i still think would be harsh as most of the starting line up have been brilliant all season. 

Was standing sea side terrace could’ve leaned over and touched Low if I wanted to was definitely out wide. At times it was a diamond, Hamilton was sitting and McKenna was in front of him. Nicky to left and Stewart to right. Nicky 100 percent needs to be in the middle of the park, it’s a crime having him out left