Lichties vs Accies, Wednesday 9th February

Just now, lichtie23 said:

That was pathetic from the Accies. 

5 points clear for the super Lichties 

You could of beat them at least?  We’re kinda needing a few favors,  and having kindly rolled over and given you easy wins 3 times it would be nice for you to do what league leaders should do and knock aside relegation potential sides,  especially if your declaring them pathetic.

5 minutes ago, cdhafc1874 said:

As per usual we throw away points late on while leading.

Long drive home for the hardy souls who went up after that late equaliser.

Sore one that. We never got started and have somehow ended up a point further clear 

We were poor all over but can DC please bin the Nicky Low out wide stuff right now

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

You could of beat them at least?  We’re kinda needing a few favors,  and having kindly rolled over and given you easy wins 3 times it would be nice for you to do what league leaders should do and knock aside relegation potential sides,  especially if your declaring them pathetic.

Their time wasting tactics are pathetic, and the ref fell for it. Genuinely should have been 6-7 minutes injury time. Hope you pump them 

Not at our best, Hamilton absolutely killed the game in the 2nd half, if they just played the game instead of the clock they could of went on to win but in end got what they deserved, Didn't think the subs worked for us, and thought Chris Hamilton struggled,
But 5 points clear and a hibs to look forward to on Sunday,
Hopefully ToB was just a knock but Henderson done fine as usual

Accies time wasting tactics came back to bite them on the arse...again. We weren't at it tonight happily take a point we never looked like scoring a second goal. Accies blew it but we kept on going and got the goal great pen from McKenna. Keep it going Lichties.

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Their time wasting tactics are pathetic, and the ref fell for it. Genuinely should have been 6-7 minutes injury time. Hope you pump them 

Thank you for your kind words.

I’m not one for complaining about time wasting everyone is at it and it’s something I encourage my own side to do at the right times,  until refs become stricter on it it’s not going to change.

We hardly deserved to take a point from that horror show. If we hadn't got the penalties we could have played til midnight and not scored. I can't remember their keeper having to make a save.

Hopefully we won't play as badly again for the rest of the season. Thought Henderson did well again when he replaced O'Brien, but not convinced with some of the other substitutions. Hope O'Brien was taken off as a precaution and his injury isn't bad enough to keep him out for any length of time. Thought some of the other subs were unusual.

Still point gained is much better than 3 lost.

12 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Not at our best, Hamilton absolutely killed the game in the 2nd half, if they just played the game instead of the clock they could of went on to win but in end got what they deserved, Didn't think the subs worked for us, and thought Chris Hamilton struggled,
But 5 points clear and a hibs to look forward to on Sunday,
Hopefully ToB was just a knock but Henderson done fine as usual

Can’t believe he stayed on so long it wasn’t his night or the game for him at all. I think Bobby was the right sub but I would’ve put Bobby on for him and had McKenna and Nicky middle of the park 

Jack Hamilton was excellent though. He couldn’t have done any more. 

Arbroath were missing their spark tonight, but showed their fighting spirt by never giving up and scoring from the spot in the last few minutes - I think a draw was about the right result.

Hamilton's first goal was against the run if play - but thought they had the best of the possession in the 2nd half.

Two great penalties from Nicky Low and McKenna ( they made them look easy, but that was a lot of pressure they were under to score. ).

MOTM for me was Henderson who came on as a sub and put in a good shift winning almost every tackle and header.

A good night result when you factor in the results elsewhere tonight.

We were ok. Tough game against the league leaders to he expected so a decent result but conceding right at the death yet again against Arbroath is a nightmare.

Think the back five isolated the strikers a bit too much but worked well with the wing-backs arriving late down the line. Interested to see if Taylor sticks with it.

Accies time wasting from half time? Taylor clearly picked up his managerial style from Billy Reid then.

Almost as bad as reverse fixture time wasting from 30 mins. Actually thought accies were decent tonight and if they concentrated on playing football could have finished us off, the boy moyo caused all sorts of problems.

Shocked to hear Accies time wasting again, will they ever learn?? Time and time again they have lost late late goals because they time waste from the 46th minute.

Why not just try and score another and kill the game??

Would do my nut in if I was an accies fan.

Absolutely delightful for everyone else right enough...

Thought we huffed and puffed tonight , similar to the Inverness game, never looked like scoring. Few players off the pace but maybe to be expected after Fridays exploits. 
Great to see us fighting right to the end to get a point though. Attitude and team spirit got us there. Thought Jack Hamilton was easily mom, brilliant again.

Big believer in what goes around comes around and the constant time wasting came back to haunt HA which was pleasing. 

Thank you for your kind words.
I’m not one for complaining about time wasting everyone is at it and it’s something I encourage my own side to do at the right times,  until refs become stricter on it it’s not going to change.

Safe to say all teams time waste. It’s part of the game. Thing with Accies is it’s organised, everybody knows their role and they never miss an opportunity. The type of thing that could get fitba banned.

1 hour ago, afc_36_0 said:

Almost as bad as reverse fixture time wasting from 30 mins. Actually thought accies were decent tonight and if they concentrated on playing football could have finished us off, the boy moyo caused all sorts of problems.

They were so far ahead of us. Winning everything and every second ball. Looked threatening on the break. I can’t remember the last time we looked so off the pace. We didn’t really do anything at all. Never had any kind of possession. It was punts up the park all night long. Right side totally anonymous where we are usually most dangerous. Nicky Low isolated down the left. Nothing going for us in middle of park. Hammy and JT looked like they were running through sand. ToB off injured. All we had was a long ball up to Wighton and Hamilton and hope that they’d do something 

BUT

Somehow still got a point. Love that 

2 hours ago, madton said:

Shocked to hear Accies time wasting again, will they ever learn?? Time and time again they have lost late late goals because they time waste from the 46th minute.

Why not just try and score another and kill the game??

Would do my nut in if I was an accies fan.

Absolutely delightful for everyone else right enough...

By far the better team tonight, could easily went on and won the game. But then the time wasting stuff in the 2nd half. WHY???

Poor management/coaching.

Bit them in the arse in the end.

Little wonder the have no fans.