Lichties vs Accies, Wednesday 9th February

11 minutes ago, lichtiemike said:

I don’t think it’s in anyone interest to keep a tedious argument about vaccines going but it must be said this is a load of ignorant nonsense. 

The vaccine has proven it reduces the risk of severe disease and also reduces the transmission, that benefits everybody in society.

No. This is all false. It does not prevent transmission and it’s not a severe disease for the vast vast majority of people. Me getting or not getting it does not make a difference to anybody else 

18 minutes ago, lichtiemike said:

I don’t think it’s in anyone interest to keep a tedious argument about vaccines going but it must be said this is a load of ignorant nonsense. 

The vaccine has proven it reduces the risk of severe disease and also reduces the transmission, that benefits everybody in society.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00648-4/fulltext

There you go.

You don’t even find anyone saying it prevents transmission anymore, basic common sense would tell you that without the need to even look at any studies. Countries, university’s, sports leagues etc etc with vaccination uptake in the high 90s are recording record high number of cases. 

The new well known vaccine mantra is now ‘it prevents severe disease and hospitalisations’. Even your Faucis etc are back tracking and admitting that’s not the case on that shite about transmission. 

You are vilifying people because you are completely misinformed 

51 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

No. This is all false. It does not prevent transmission and it’s not a severe disease for the vast vast majority of people. Me getting or not getting it does not make a difference to anybody else 

I didn’t say it prevents anything, I said it reduces…totally different things. 

2 minutes ago, lichtiemike said:

I didn’t say it prevents anything, I said it reduces…totally different things. 

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40731810.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Another journal done by the Lancet, vaccinated equally as infectious. A Similar viral load.

Again though it would take all of two brain cells to realise that this is the case when we’ve had vaccination uptakes in the high 90s in settings, close to 100 percent in some. Vaccine mandates and passes to be able to enter venues and cases everywhere are at all time highs. 

I hate banging on about this but what you are saying is completely out of order and it’s become something that’s repeated over and over when it’s just not true.

Leave people alone and let them make their own minds up. You’re the selfish one by demanding others do what you want. It’s not the other way around. Somebody not getting a vaccine has no impact on anyone but themselves, if I was older and more vulnerable I would’ve had mine. If anyone wants one then great I’m all for it but stop forcing what you want on other people when you have no reason to

This is tedious

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40731810.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Another journal done by the Lancet, vaccinated equally as infectious. A Similar viral load.

Again though it would take all of two brain cells to realise that this is the case when we’ve had vaccination uptakes in the high 90s in settings, close to 100 percent in some. Vaccine mandates and passes to be able to enter venues and cases everywhere are at all time highs. 

I hate banging on about this but what you are saying is completely out of order and it’s become something that’s repeated over and over when it’s just not true.

Leave people alone and let them make their own minds up. You’re the selfish one by demanding others do what you want. It’s not the other way around. Somebody not getting a vaccine has no impact on anyone but themselves, if I was older and more vulnerable I would’ve had mine. If anyone wants one then great I’m all for it but stop forcing what you want on other people when you have no reason to

This is tedious

Tedious it is

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

This is tedious

You have a different view from me and that’s fair enough, but don’t go making this nonsense up please, you’re letting yourself down. 

1 minute ago, lichtiemike said:

You have a different view from me and that’s fair enough, but don’t go making this nonsense up please, you’re letting yourself down. 

I’m not asking you to do anything and want everyone to be able to make their own decisions. You’re basically saying I am selfish. There’s a big difference? Seeing what you’re saying become such a widely held view is really hard on people mentally, you’re ostracising and vilifying people. Do you not understand that? 

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I’m not asking you to do anything and want everyone to be able to make their own decisions. You’re basically saying I am selfish. There’s a big difference? Seeing what you’re saying become such a widely held view is really hard on people mentally, you’re ostracising and vilifying people. Do you not understand that? 

Probably best just leaving it then if that’s what your taking from it, I haven’t said or insinuated anything of the sort. 

22 minutes ago, lichtiemike said:

Probably best just leaving it then if that’s what your taking from it, I haven’t said or insinuated anything of the sort. 

Happy to. People need to leave everyone else alone and mind their own business, look how divisive this issue is 

3 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

I'd trust New Scientist on the effectiveness of vaccines in reducing the spread of Covid-19.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2294250-how-much-less-likely-are-you-to-spread-covid-19-if-youre-vaccinated/

Lancet studies are post this, why would you trust them over Lancet. And studies aside how could you even think that’s true with vaccination uptake so high and case numbers at an all time high? 

15 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Sorry....

Yeah cheers, just had some disagreements over Scott Stewart best position and whether or not LD contributes enough to the team 

• lichtie23 changed the title to Lichties vs Accies, Wednesday 9th February

Last night was just wonderful, the ultimate team performance. Keep it going against the Accies on Wednesday. McKenna our only doubt but Iv heard he should be ok. If so then I hope we are unchanged from last nights starting XI

9 minutes ago, cdhafc1874 said:
On 27/12/2021 at 12:17, cdhafc1874 said:
Home win.

Might as well just quote myself from before the original match date...

I see the manager is isolating! Another covid outbreak to get this game off??