Lichties vs Accies, Wednesday 9th February

Wednesday night football at Gayfield as 500 lucky fans will get to watch the League Leaders continue their march to the Premier League. 

Id go unchanged from yesterdays stroll at East End Park, even if Craigen passes covid protocols. Nouble to bully the Accies back line and Dowds to continue his good form before they go back to their parent clubs. 

If you are one of the lucky 500 then enjoy your night 👍🏻

Edited by lichtie23

With winter break changed I hope we will have Nouble next 4 league games

I do fancy Dowds to score. He’s been excellent. Last 2 games it’s looked like literal men v boys so hopefully can do it again

Before the 4-0 game at Gayfield I said I wouldn’t take any Accies players over ours for our starting 11 and got a good slagging for it. Well if we win this we will have double the points of them after 20 games played. It wasn’t a wild shout after all...

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

With winter break changed I hope we will have Nouble next 4 league games

I do fancy Dowds to score. He’s been excellent. Last 2 games it’s looked like literal men v boys so hopefully can do it again

Before the 4-0 game at Gayfield I said I wouldn’t take any Accies players over ours for our starting 11 and got a good slagging for it. Well if we win this we will have double the points of them after 20 games played. It wasn’t a wild shout after all...

Andy Ryan as a backup striker……but that’s it. Looks like Scott Martin has regressed at Hamilton which is sad to see. Looked a real talent when at us. 

Wednesday night football at Gayfield as 500 lucky fans will get to watch the League Leaders continue their march to the Premier League. 

Id go unchanged from yesterdays stroll at East End Park, even if Craigen passes covid protocols. Nouble to bully the Accies back line and Dowds to continue his good form before they go back to their parent clubs. 

If you are one of the lucky 500 then enjoy your night [emoji1303]

Dowds back to Falkirk? Is that confirmed?

37 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Only chance would be to pay a fee for him in January. Can’t see it being too much as I believe he is out of contract in the summer 

But Falkirk are desperate

Falkirk have been desperate for years !!

Without wanting to sound smug, they're everything Arbroath isn't.

They've thrown Anton Dowds under the bus before now. Why on earth would he want to leave ?

Edited by DUAFC

5 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Falkirk have been desperate for years !!

Without wanting to sound smug, they're everything Arbroath isn't.

They've thrown Anton Dowds under the bus before now. Why on earth would he want to leave ?

Don't disagree with any of this, but he is contracted to them until the end of the season, that may be a inconvenient truth, but a truth all the same

Dowds is on loan until 2nd Jan 2022 - his contract with Falkirk expires on 31st May.

I doubt he will be keen on returning to Falkirk, but I presume he has been training with them a coupe of days a week as he is a full time player - unsure about that ?

On other matters, seems like Ben Williamson is going to Raith on loan in January.

32 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Dowds is on loan until 2nd Jan 2022 - his contract with Falkirk expires on 31st May.

I doubt he will be keen on returning to Falkirk, but I presume he has been training with them a coupe of days a week as he is a full time player - unsure about that ?

On other matters, seems like Ben Williamson is going to Raith on loan in January.

Yeah he’ll still be training with Falkirk at the moment. With Gary Holt there and his comments about him it must be pretty awkward and strange and it’s no real surprise to see them struggling