God Save The Queen

Lex

4 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

The seethe on social media from the Scousers booing the national anthem again is a joy to behold. Always good to get a heads gone by saying by singing it they are coming across as a nation of paedo and terrorist apologists. Good to see the entitled c***s getting brought down a peg(ging) or two.

You're grumpier than usual - hard as it sounds - dingy, mate.  What's bothering you?

25 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You're grumpier than usual - hard as it sounds - dingy, mate.  What's bothering you?

Hereditary monarchy, general Tory cuntiness, social media w**k spangles and a weekend of sobriety are grinding my gears this fine evening.

On 30/06/2022 at 10:23, Mark Connolly said:

TBF, £100k for 3 train journeys seems in line with current pricing structures

£226,000 for a summer holiday also seems on a par with what most folk spend on a wee break away. It’s all good.

I could see the point of being annoyed about folk l booing an anthem if the song was about a "nation" but as it is about a god and the monarch, not the nation or its people, I couldn't get too alarmed. 

It's been decades since I sang it - it was probably when I was a member of the Cubs - and I can't imagine I'll ever sing it again. 

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I could see the point of being annoyed about folk l booing an anthem if the song was about a "nation" but as it is about a god and the monarch, not the nation or its people, I couldn't get too alarmed. 

It's been decades since I sang it - it was probably when I was a member of the Cubs - and I can't imagine I'll ever sing it again. 

That's the most alarming part - people passionately belting out a song in celebration of their own subservience to wealth and privilege. Similarly, I've never sang it since I was in the Beavers; they do like to indoctrinate us when we're young.

Anyway, I presume we're seeing the current round of negative stories about Chuckles because he forgot his place again by criticising the export of refugees to Rwanda. One part of the establishment reminding another that they're all in it together, so best wind your neck in, OK?

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

Is this some sort of Clackmannanshire euphemism?

Been so long since I was in the Beavers that I've forgotten what it was like  :(

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

Is this some sort of Clackmannanshire euphemism?

I was careful. Given folks' sensitivity, you'll note that I said "when I was a member of the Cubs" not "when I was in the Cubs"

The way some folks' minds work... 

13 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

The seethe on social media from the Scousers booing the national anthem again is a joy to behold. Always good to get a heads gone by saying by singing it they are coming across as a nation of paedo and terrorist apologists. Good to see the entitled c***s getting brought down a peg(ging) or two.

I'm old enough to remember when you could say "They don't like it up 'em".

Bin Laden masterminded the twin towers 9/11 terrorist attack when just under 3 thousand people of various nationalities were killed.

Prince Charles, the future king of england, accepts 1 Million pounds from the Bin Laden family.

The Charity Commission says that this is OK and acceptable.

What kind of perverted and immoral world are we living in?

The families of those killed must be fuckin horrified at this twat's ignorant and outrageous action.

Has he no fuckin shame? 

55 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Bin Laden masterminded the twin towers 9/11 terrorist attack when just under 3 thousand people of various nationalities were killed.

Prince Charles, the future king of england, accepts 1 Million pounds from the Bin Laden family.

The Charity Commission says that this is OK and acceptable.

What kind of perverted and immoral world are we living in?

The families of those killed must be fuckin horrified at this twat's ignorant and outrageous action.

Has he no fuckin shame? 

I'm certainly no defender of the royals bit it's more likely he had no clue of what's been going on.

And we have to appreciate that the Bin Laden corporation is a very big player in the Middle East business world.  When I worked at Terex in Newhouse I would often see wooden crates of truck spares with a Bin Laden shipping address.  I would hazard that there were many, many other actors with more blood on their hands and cosy relationships with Western governments than Osama's business namesakes.

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I'm certainly no defender of the royals bit it's more likely he had no clue of what's been going on.

And we have to appreciate that the Bin Laden corporation is a very big player in the Middle East business world.  When I worked at Terex in Newhouse I would often see wooden crates of truck spares with a Bin Laden shipping address.  I would hazard that there were many, many other actors with more blood on their hands and cosy relationships with Western governments than Osama's business namesakes.

Whether I like it or not Charles is a weel kent face world wide, plus I would say that there is not a man/woman/child of a certain age in this world that does not recognise the name Bin Laden, as did Charles, so it is beyond comprehension that PC did not know the connection.

To say that Charles was not aware of the family is nonsense and you know it.

The Bin Laden family have used him to regain some respectability and business acknowledgement by buying him with money which they reckon will give them legitimacy in the western world.

The million would have been considered cheaper that hiring a PR agency.

It's that fuckin simple.

Apparently the government were asked to take a look at it and said, "looks perfectly cromulent to us".

Or in other words, "this'll be great for us to slap you down with if you get uppity about our scumbaggery again, Big Ears".